E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another possibility is, perhaps he shows up to pull you out of the trash no matter what. Johnny is the one to wake you up (or greet you when you do wake up), but maybe blackhand saves you without your knowledge.
I hope so. As I also hope every other major character feels important the same as Johnny.
With Johnny being so solid rooted to the game's story, I feel like the major lore characters will have like a gang boss importance level.

It's so nice to see Jean Reno is in Cyberpunk 2077 ;)

cp2077_detail.jpg

This has already been confirmed a couple of times, so it's legit.

Each lifepath gets its own starting location, and its own starting outfit.

I wonder if the outfit we've seen female V in is the Nomad's default outfit, since a t-shirt-t, jeans, and the Night City equivalent of Converse are the Street Kid starting outfit. Or at least that is the starting outfit for a male V with the Street Kid background. Of course it is entirely different the starting outfits could vary based on gender.

Female V was wearing leather, which might at least fit with the whole "Road Warrior" vibe of the Nomads.

I wonder if the outfit we've seen female V in is the Nomad's default outfit, since a t-shirt-t, jeans, and the Night City equivalent of Converse are the Street Kid starting outfit. Or at least that is the starting outfit for a male V with the Street Kid background. Of course it is entirely different the starting outfits could vary based on gender.

Female V was wearing leather, which might at least fit with the whole "Road Warrior" vibe of the Nomads.
Hm. I think it's just the female equivalent of the Street Kid outfit, honestly. Plus it doesn't look very Nomad-y to me.

I think the clothes will be totally different, not just different pants and undershirt, for each background. Obviously I'm very certain you'll be able to get clothes that the others start with, too.

I want a "chromanticure" poster/wall scroll made the size that is behind Miles...

It would be a nice FU to the people who hate it, if it shows up in the merch store...<3

Also anyone notice the info/address left in the trash?

May be nothing, but it's always a good idea to not let personal info get thrown away...

nkwooexkh3831 (2).png

Any other game that has done this before?
"the more you shoot the better you get" can be seen in GTA san andreas from 15 years ago, to name the oldest I can remember.

Faster reloading animations gained with progression can be seen in several games as well, one I'm 100% sure of is borderlands 2.

That's a very good thing btw.

---------------------------------------------------

I hope they'll change their minds and try to be consistent with this attention to detailed animations, adding contextual ones (opening doors, picking items up) so you don't feel like a floating camera that gets animations only during scripted events (dialogues). Once you do all those animations, you can add a couple of re-usable ones and maximize the immersion.

"the more you shoot the better you get" can be seen in GTA san andreas from 15 years ago, to name the oldest I can remember.

Faster reloading animations gained with progression can be seen in several games as well, one I'm 100% sure of is borderlands 2.

That's a very good thing btw.

---------------------------------------------------

I hope they'll change their minds and try to be consistent with this attention to detailed animations, adding contextual ones (opening doors, picking items up) so you don't feel like a floating camera that gets animations only during scripted events (dialogues). Once you do all those animations, you can add a couple of re-usable ones and maximize the immersion.
Yeah. Not news, but very good to see reiterated.

It is essentially what I've suggested over the years to the T. Literally identical. I'm not so arrogant as to say they got the inspiration from me (I'm no game designer), but I'm very pleased me and CDPR's interests happened to line up on something so crucial. And it makes me feel like maybe being here isn't such a waste of time after all.

This will not make Kofe or Su happy, but it is a compromise nonetheless. Your character's abilities will have some impact on their ability to shoot, and you will see that reflected both in terms of animations and actual weapon handling as you progress. To me, it seems like a nice bone to throw our way. But I also know for Kofe and Su, nothing short of a Vats-like system (but in real time or real time with pause) will be enough, which is perfectly understandable after so many claims that the game will be a "true RPG."

I'm very curious what ever happened to that "tactical mode" they mentioned many years ago. Most of the other stuff has been proven accurate (including the translator chip), so now I wonder what that was planned to be, if it's even been scrapped at all.

Last edited:
Yeah. Not news, but very good to see reiterated.

It is essentially what I've suggested over the years to the T. Literally identical. I'm not so arrogant as to say they got the inspiration from me (I'm no game designer), but I'm very pleased me and CDPR's interests happened to line up on something so crucial. And it makes me feel like maybe being here isn't such a waste of time after all.

This will not make Kofe or Su happy, but it is a compromise nonetheless. Your character's abilities will have some impact on their ability to shoot, and you will see that reflected both in terms of animations and actual weapon handling as you progress. To me, it seems like a nice bone to throw our way. But I also know for Kofe and Su, nothing short of a Vats-like system (but in real time or real time with pause) will be enough, which is perfectly understandable after so many claims that the game will be a "true RPG."

I'm very curious what ever happened to that "tactical mode" they mentioned many years ago. Most of the other stuff has been proven accurate (including the translator chip), so now I wonder what that was planned to be, if it's even been scrapped at all.
Never heard about a tactical mode, but yeah, since it hasn't been shown or even discussed so far, I'd say it has been scrapped. Which, egoistically, is a good news since I prefer a good action gameplay or a good turn-based one to both but mediocre (same as FPP vs TPP vs both).

Last edited:
Missed this one from Sunday - https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-20...ture-revolvers-sniper-rifles-katanas-and-more

“You can customize the weapons in a number of ways,” said Tomaszkiewicz. “You can attach scopes, you can attach silencers, things like those. It’s based, of course, on a specific weapon and how many slots for improvements they have. As for how many types of weapons we have— I remember just a number of them. But we have quite many of them. So there are melee weapons: katana, hammer, knife, Nanowire — which is basically these wires that you can use to fight. But you can also use them if you’re a Net Runner to hack remotely into people or devices. On top of that we have a number of ranged weapons: we have heavy guns, light guns, light machine guns, revolvers, sniper rifles.”

A few new small tidbits in there.

1562371355509.png

It's called a suppressor.
Post automatically merged:

GoG is rolling out a "Night City News" digital mini-magazine.

http://lp.gog.com/night-city-news-1

Highlights:

T-Bug Bio

You've seen her in action in E3 2019 cinematic trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 where she disabled V's cybernetic implants with just a blink of an eye but who is she? Her name is Bug and she is one of the best netrunners in Night City.

With cybernetic augments implanted into her body, Bug uses her brain-computer interface implants to roam the web and hack information to sell. Her consistency and persistence have brought her respect and trust in the field, although it's not yet clear how she crossed her ways with V.

Bug played a role in last-years gameplay reveal where she helped V locate a target during the mission, while this year she clearly stands against our character. We can't wait to see the plot twist between those two events!

Non-Lethal Gameplay (a bit of extra clarification on all weapons being non-lethal in some way)

PC Gamer spoke with Pawel Sasko, a lead quest designer from CD PROJEKT RED who revealed that you'll be able to finish Cyberpunk 2077 without actually killing anybody! Aside from super-lethal weapons like bazookas, every gun and cyberware in the game will feature a nonlethal setting or ability to neutralize enemies.

During the missions, as V you are able to sneak up behind the enemies and choke them down or stun. Hacking cameras, environmental objects, and even implants to put your opponents to sleep will also be an option. Just like utilizing nearby objects for environmental takedowns that'll let you thrown a gangster down the trash chute.

On top of that, you'll be able to spare major bad guys and benefit from that later in the game. Or not, because you can never be sure who to trust in the world of Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's good news.

Your decisions should not always have a positive outcome, despite being pacifistic in nature. However, similarly, they should not always have a negative outcome. Players should not be punished 75% of the time. There should be a balance, which there will be, so I'm not complaining about anything in particular here.

EDIT:

Also, confirmed that all boss fights are optional, can be circumvented via stealth or other means. @kofeiiniturpa

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/ca5gbc
Tidbits from Reddit poster (with my brief opinions after):

• You level up your skill ( like in Elder Scrolls), but it's gated by your attributes ( so you can only reach a certain level, unless you improve specific stat...like reflexes/gunplay) -- Nice. Unlike Kofe, I actually don't mind the skills being gated by attributes thing. Not ideal, but it's the best compromise I can ask for.
  • Possibility of custom radio station/import your own music ( hinted they could be planning something similar) -- Very, very nice. Precisely what I wanted, and it was something I was planning to do anyway via mods if not allowed for by default. I have lots of music I think would fit Cyberpunk very well, and ever since the first trailer, I was hoping I could put it in.
  • Braindance will be a big part of the game, with some "cool features" -- Neat. Not sure what that means.
  • Romancing Meredith Stout not confirmed ( answer was kind of ambiguous, seems she will play some part in story) -- Cool. Meredith seemed badass. Would love to see more about her.
  • Still working on Char Creator -- Good. The more options, the better.
  • Boss fights are optional ( you can bypass them with stealth/by other means) -- Fantastic. Exactly what I and others were hoping for, and eliminated my concerns regarding the Royce/Maelstrom encounter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom