GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo Burza,
Is there a chance we will be able to craft premiums with scrap again? Bring the battlefield to life!

hello Burza,

1) Are there still plans to make characters reacting to other characters? We know from closed Beta that such lines have been already recorded a long time ago but so far nothing has come out of it.

2) Why did you decide to release the (inferior) censored card art of Whoreson Junior? I despise censorship in any form and judging by the card art his was a last-minute job (the censored version looks photoshopped)

3) Jason mentioned some time ago on reddit that there will be a bigger focus on cosmetics in the future. So far no new leader skins have been released. Can we expect new skins for existing leaders?

4) Is there any chance you will add more music in the near future?

5) You brought avatars back, which a lot of people really appreciate. This being said, during the beta we could uses taunts with these avatars and a lot of people miss that feature. Currently taunts are connected to leaders and leaders are chosen depending on the deck you want to play. Taunts on avatars on the other hand let you choose your avatar depending on what voicelines you liked. Please consider to bring back the voicelines for avatars. You don't have to give all avatars (as there are way too many) voicelines, but a lot of people would be happy if you do it for a few characters.

Thank you for your time!

Why does Hemmelfart's skin have a giant sign of the cross instead of a flame or torch? He is an Eternal Fire follower after all, not a Christian. The cross symbol exist in-universe, but Hierarch of Novigrad would do better with something more closely connected to his cult.

Any chance to see Thronebreaker's Bridge board in regular Gwent?
thronebreaker-witcher-tales-the-23363-1541144408290-1541144430-3.jpeg

@Burza46 Hello Burza, I know you guys will get a lot of whining this month, but I hope you will not listen to it and instead of nerfing SY you will buff everyone else to be as crazy and f ing fun as SY is, It feels so good playing actual good bronzes. Was this your plan with the release of SY at such a strong state?

#makeNRgreatagain #bringcrewback

Last edited:
Hey I really loved the season of the Bear Bundle, are you guys planning to release this type of bundles for all the seasons in the future? I love that I can buy meteorite powder and just unlock everything in one go instead of investing 200+ reward points to unlock a season 😀

Love the new expansion by the way, although it needs some balancing & tweaking, it’s really fun to play ❤️

Hi!

Some feedback/queries (PS4 player);

Firstly, love the game and your approach to both it and the community. Kudos.

Secondly, may I suggest a minor UI improvement? In Shupe's shop would it be possible to go straight to "open goodies" from the purchase kegs screen? It seems odd to always have to go back one screen in order to go forward.

Thirdly, the way in which cards like Impera Brigade, Mahakam Volunteers, and Brokilon Sentinel place the card drawn from the deck sometimes seems a bit inconsistent (occasionally the second card is adjacent to the first, other times it appears at the end of the row). Is this deliberate? It makes predicting placement awkward for those occasions when positional play is important (i.e. Manticore Venom).

Finally, would it be possible to have a way to flag a card which was not in the starting deck (so that when it goes to the graveyard it can still be identified as having not been in the starting deck)? This would make assimilate more consistent and eliminate a lot of the guesswork (and TryNet's premium/non-premium method!).

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers aye,

Dan

CD Projekt want end develop this game ? Because with this expansion lot of people stopped play gwent good job :)
I have one Ask why other factions had orders / cooldowns …. but coins can be inifnite used ? Nice ruined our game :)

Hi Gwent team.

a) Some languages were removed recently after Novigrad launch... but... can we have at least subtitles when you play cards or when you're using the leader's chat? I'm asking this because some people now can't understand what the characters are saying... you know when you play a card. So can you guys try to implement those subtitles at least?

b) Also will you try to fix Calanthe's face in the future? She looks extremely old even ugly in Gwent... but she died young more or less (44yo) and she was pretty in the novels...

Heya, I'm here again.

Today, is there a chance we ever see a Steam release for the multiplayer Gwent?

Honestly, I love this game, but see it as wasted potential. If more people tried it, it would certanly reach much higher skies then it does, however, Card Games don't get in the highlight easily. Perhaps a Steam release would help?

Love y'all, the expansion is amazing!

Hi Devs,

Are you guys aware of the Xbox Store issue? All Xbox players are unable to buy Novigrad Kegs or the Syndicate Pack. If you are aware, do you have an idea of when we can see a fix?

Thank you!

will you change/nerf Skjall? I think 4damage points for a mediocre, virgin peasant is too much. Can you guys please think to low 1damage point and even 1 provision cost for him? Skellige has (as always) too many removals besides they can deal that extra 1damage point easily with ships and heroes like both an Craite leaders. Please think about it. Logic.

In the future, will you implement cross-platform (like, previously, Xbox <> Win 10) again or will you at least allow an account transfer?

Hi there,

I have one question with a little backstory for understanding.... I'm formely gwent player from closed beta start...I played it on Xbox one with crossplatform with windows 10 (it was nice to have this option, cause I'm traveling a lot with work etc.)...The game was amazing, I spend over 600 hours of gametime (and I'm not talking about money for kegs :))... Then Homecoming patch happened and I was dissapointed.... I tried it, I don't like (just my point of view)... I stopped playing the game for some months. Now i saw some streams and with Novigrad patch I want give it second chance, cause you, developers, make a hella work there in my opinion and the game seems intereting again for me. The crossplatforming is not supported anymore. The game is really hard playable on xbox now to be honest. I saw, you made migration week back in december from Xbox to GoG platform...

And finally my question - do you plan or just think about that you will allow this in future again (the account transfer)? I know, it must be hard work. I don't mind, if this "account transfer" will cost some money or something like that, but have this option will be nice. I have full card collection and other stuff I got in game progress and I don't want to lose them. Thanks for answer and keep doing great games.

-Trimorus

Mod edit: Extrapolated the question for easier reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
a) Why a card like Dudu with a completely useless ability eight out of ten times has 10 provisions but cards like Vabjorn that can destroy any card with Crach an Craite have only 9 provisions? Just look at Milaen for example: 9 provision, 4 strength body and 4 dmg ability. Now look at Vabjorn (as always an Skellige card): 9 provision, 5 strengh body and can destroy easily any card if that card is not boosted. Both Dudu and Vabjorn are extremely unbalance in opposite ways.

b) The game is good but it needs more balance to be a perfect game. Can you just nerf some of the most played and annoying cards (those that are always autoincluded in each deck for the same faction) and PLEASE buff yes or yes those cards that nobody wants to play in their decks because their abilities are useless in every possible scenario? I have +1000h and I swear, I've never seen anyone playing cards like Lambert: Swordmaster, Thaler, Kaedweni Cavalry, Half-Elf Hunter, Siren, Gael and so on.

c) Can you do it? because in theory It's very simple. 1/3 card pool is balance.
One third of the cards have useless or even bad abilities, some of them have mediocre abilities because other cards are always better for the same provision cost, even their abilities are superior for the same amount of provisions (Trebuchet, Lyrian arbalest, Reinforced Ballista and Cintrian Mages are much much better than Ballista because for the same provision cost their abilities are superior, so normal Ballista is completely useless and bad in all scenarios) and others (like Dudu himself or even Gael for example) have decent and even interesting abilities, but nobody plays them because their provision cost are expensive and the result is far away to be impressive. On the other hand, 1/3 of the cards have very good abilities for their provision cost, which means that they are op. (Svalblod priest for example is super good for only 5 provisions)

So 1/3 of the cards are balanced, 1/3 are bad or even useless, and 1/3 are too good for their provision cost.

Please try to fix these things when you can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom