Why do they keep changing default male V?

+
I prefer the male V with blond hair that's on the cover of the game than the dark haired V they showed in the 2019 demo and in the cosplay pics they released. I know you can change what he looks like, but still -- why has male V gone through so many changes and fem V stayed the same? Lol like for me, so many male protagonists have dark hair and I was really digging the blond because there are zero male blond protagonists nowadays. All I can really think of is FF characters like Cloud and Tidus
CP77-KV-en.jpgfdfdgd.JPGaaa.pngadsasdas.JPG

Last edited:
The original male V had
I prefer the male V with blond hair that's on the cover of the game than the dark haired V they showed in the 2019 demo and in the cosplay pics they released. I know you can change what he looks like, but still -- why has male V gone through so many changes and fem V stayed the same? Lol like for me, so many male protagonists have dark hair and I was really digging the blond because there are zero male blond protagonists nowadays. All I can really think of is FF characters like Cloud and Tidus
View attachment 11008510View attachment 11008513

The version of V on the left has brown hair, not blonde.

View attachment 11008510View attachment 11008513
I think it’s better they show more options how your character can look like.Make your own picture of how your character will be and that’s the canon version

I like the one on the right. The hair is very well done. I hope that one is representative of how he will look in game.

I think this is better if they keep changing V's face during the trailers, I prefer this way so we don't get accustomed to an "official" look, so our own V will become our true V.

About Female V though, she's been shown only once in the beginning, and seeing that Male V has been shown like twice (I don't count live cosplay ofc), there are chances that Female V comes back in a future trailer, if there is one. Or maybe one trailer that shows scenes of both. "Choose your lifestyle blah..." How cool that would be.

It's dark blond :beer:
I hope there will be many different color variations for hair, natural, unnatural, unmmon unnatural, uncommon natural, metallic, glowing neon, and many more things. You know though, something I keep wondering about when I think of character customization, is how will characters sneak around in stealth if they're all covered in glowing tattoos and glowing clothing and glowing cybernetics? They will all get caught so quickly! Do our glowing parts turn off the lights when we sneak?
Ferro Rocher gold foil covered chocolates with hazel nut centers... "dark blonde" woohoohoo....

You guys know we'll be able to create our own character and customize it as we see fit right ? It's not like Lara Croft or Aiden Pierce, there will be hundreds of different V so it doesn't matter if they change his look.

I guess they change the appearance to hammer home the notion that the protagonist has customizable appearance. Pretty important considering CDPRs previous protagonist (Geralt) didn't.

I guess they change the appearance to hammer home the notion that the protagonist has customizable appearance. Pretty important considering CDPRs previous protagonist (Geralt) didn't.

That doesn't explain why has female V been the same since the beginning. It's not about showing anything. Like NeonArcade daid, It's just the same model which happens to look different because it's made by different engines.
The cover is the same 3D model refined with a pen/photoshop to me.

Top Bottom