Nilfgaard - Relentlessly Boring

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hate playing against the lock/kill everything decks. Although I threw a jank version together for a daily quest and it was rather satisfying to play. I didnt get a lot of ggs that day.

I'm a veteran MTG player and I often play control decks, so I understand the general concept. The problem I see here is that the equivalent of aggro or tempo decks cannot really get around the action economy; in most situations you and your opponent are playing cards 1-for-1.

This is a mini rant.

Why the hell is something like the usurper even in the game? is a huge 50 50, he has rubbish options to win, so it's all decided by what kind of deck you have, if it is leader dependant or not.

I encountered him just twice till now, today I hit 13 and for some reason 1 player in 2 is using the Usurper. It's not only boring but annoying and cheap.

They all have the same deck and all play in the same way, hoping that I have rubbish card without abilities. Why has this not been reworked?

This is a mini rant.

Why the hell is something like the usurper even in the game? is a huge 50 50, he has rubbish options to win, so it's all decided by what kind of deck you have, if it is leader dependant or not.

I encountered him just twice till now, today I hit 13 and for some reason 1 player in 2 is using the Usurper. It's not only boring but annoying and cheap.

They all have the same deck and all play in the same way, hoping that I have rubbish card without abilities. Why has this not been reworked?

You have just summed up a long on going debate lol.

I have said since day 1 of seeing Usurper that he is bad for the game. NG also needs some more help with it's archetypes. Not a great faction right now.

I play Ardal tactics and i think it's kinda funny because you can surprise your opponent with different strategies like double muzzle (muzzle-assire-menno) that's why i love ng :)

Raunbjorn

I play Ardal tactics and i think it's kinda funny because you can surprise your opponent with different strategies like double muzzle (muzzle-assire-menno) that's why i love ng :)

Please don't play that deck. It's disgusting, really. :)

Its much simpler to play Skellen if you want to double Muzzle, but i know that is subject to counter, if they remove or lock Skellen instantly.

Actually you can Muzzle 3x, and steal 3 more units with Ardal's ability, Damien and Letho KS on Damien, plus Sweers. NG can steal so many units from opponent, that's one of the reasons it's so popular, to counter NR and SY.

Guest 4368268

This is a mini rant.

I don't like the concept of Usurper, I much preferred what he did in pre-homecoming. But equally, I hate leaders that throughout the entire game involve themselves in the game (Gerni, Crach, Meve and so forth) so in light of that I'm glad he exists. I'd even say in a meta like the current one his existence is vital. So although I get your annoyance I'd agree with the sentiment of him being a necessary evil.

I don't like the concept of Usurper, I much preferred what he did in pre-homecoming. But equally, I hate leaders that throughout the entire game involve themselves in the game (Gerni, Crach, Meve and so forth) so in light of that I'm glad he exists. I'd even say in a meta like the current one his existence is vital. So although I get your annoyance I'd agree with the sentiment of him being a necessary evil.

I find the leaders with ongoing to effects to be better for the game than the one shot leaders. One shot leaders encourage the nonsense of saving up for one giant last play which is pretty boring.

I got to a level where almost everybody is using usurper or Ardal and it is really annoying and not fun. The first is a 50/50 win-loss depending on your leader and the second is just a ridicolous luck game: removal, removal, lock, removal, snatch, lock, snatch and repeat.

Basically it all depends on card picking luck. I do not mind losing, but for goodness sake this is just annoying.

Can somebody please tell me if there is a counter deck? I usually hate people that look online for meta or anti meta decks, but I have to get beyond this level or I will drop the game entirely.

Any advise?

I got to a level where almost everybody is using usurper or Ardal and it is really annoying and not fun. The first is a 50/50 win-loss depending on your leader and the second is just a ridicolous luck game: removal, removal, lock, removal, snatch, lock, snatch and repeat.

Basically it all depends on card picking luck. I do not mind losing, but for goodness sake this is just annoying.

Can somebody please tell me if there is a counter deck? I usually hate people that look online for meta or anti meta decks, but I have to get beyond this level or I will drop the game entirely.

Any advise?

Just wait for a balance patch. The game is pretty broken right now. If you don't want to play DJ or Foltest, Ardal and Usurper are pretty much your only options to counter. Come back in a few weeks and hopefully something will be different.

I despise playing against nilfgaard. At least Dj lets you play the game. not lock this, snatch that, etc. etc. etc.

Just a quick math about DJ. You have 9 coins limit and, say, 11 charges by third round (which is on average very much achievable). That is in total 20 coins, or 20 points of damage in just one turn + the 4-point body of Ewald. Now, if we add bounties to this mixture, the situation gets even scarier, because bounties are basically additional damage for free. You spend coins to get more coins to deal more damage - the broken loop.

Example: assuming DJ saved all his charges to R3 and placed a single bounty on a 6-point unit, results in a 30-point finisher. That's just... I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom