Worries For Character Creation

+
Video game FPP isn't real life FPP.
I talked about that a few posts ago. Check out my post :)
Forgive me, I assumed that you also assumed that I understood that. I didn't think to make it clear enough so I apologize, those are excellent points, and even if I was subtly aware of them before, I'm definitely more aware of them now. The only thing I have to say at this moment on that besides what I have already stated, is that I even further assumed that senses like (smell,taste,touch) were already assumed as something we were probably not going to experience inside of a videogame in 2020. I never once thought any of those senses would be included in CyberPunk2077, so when I was referring to perspective I meant it strictly in a visual/area/positioning format, as if to say that as a human being, and V in the very masterfully made CyberPunk2077, were most definitely at the very least (since First Person Perspective) going to share the same visual experience and location of eyes/perspective in a visual sense (give or take the ability for the level of fine control a human being in real life has, for example I doubt I can scratch my nose or change my tongue positioning or bend down and look at a specific spot on my stomach or turn my arm over and look at my elbow in CyberPunk2077, which is quite honestly totally understandable) I hope this clears things up. :)

While presets are fine, I do prefer sliders because they provide a lot more freedom. And they can often be used to create monsters, which can be tons of fun (looking at you, Oblivion). :p

I like messing with sliders and seeing what sort of combinations I can come up with. Presets simply don't allow that to nearly the same extent.

But yeah, considering there is a character creation for the first time in a CDPR game, I don't care too much about what it's like. It's a new thing even if it's just choosing between male and female (yes, I know there's going to be more to it than that; it's extreme on purpose).

Still not the same view, even when not talking about other senses.
To look like in videogame FPP, you need at least:
-blinkers
-a cervical collar
And even then your view will still be a tad better.
I thought I made the distinctions clear in my other post, and even in acknowledgement of what other people were saying. did you read my post? :shrug:
Post automatically merged:

While presets are fine, I do prefer sliders because they provide a lot more freedom. And they can often be used to create monsters, which can be tons of fun (looking at you, Oblivion). :p

I like messing with sliders and seeing what sort of combinations I can come up with. Presets simply don't allow that to nearly the same extent.

But yeah, considering there is a character creation for the first time in a CDPR game, I don't care too much about what it's like. It's a new thing even if it's just choosing between male and female (yes, I know there's going to be more to it than that; it's extreme on purpose).
But aren't sliders just a very long line of presets that have had their own buttons and distinct numbering and labels removed, and then replaced with a very slippery and imprecise button? What I mean is, instead of having a slider like this
O------------------------------------
just improve the GUI so that each individual " - " is labeled with it's own button and number so that it looks like this
[1]-[2]-[3]-[4]-[5]-[6]-[7]-[8]-[9]-[10]
It's still the same line of settings, but now every " - " looks like [number] and every [number] is it's own button, so this slippery button isn't there any more [O]----
It would also solve the issue of never knowing what " - " setting " O " button is on.
would be really cool! :D

But that's the problem, a handful of people can do REALLY impressive characters, the other 90% of us aren't terribly good with sliders.
Lol I'm one of those people who's awful at using sliders. It's just a GUI problem that can be solved very simple by improving the GUI so it's clearly labeled and isn't slippery anymore. What do you think of the other posts I made in this thread? (the one above this one within the same post) :D

Last edited:
What do you think of the other posts I made in this thread? (the one above this one within the same post)
I think lots of people have lots of opinions. I try (and don't always succeed) to label my opinions as opinions and discuss verifiable facts. So while I'm reading the posts there's nothing productive I could say in response to many of them.

But that's the problem, a handful of people can do REALLY impressive characters, the other 90% of us aren't terribly good with sliders.

It’s not terribly hard, but it is very choresome and boring (and ultimately useless, since the game doesn’t care about it).

That’s why I’d like there to be a randomizing button.

I just really want to be able to put that scar on my Omar

Yo, Omar comin'

Bonging

It’s not terribly hard, but it is very choresome and boring (and ultimately useless, since the game doesn’t care about it).

That’s why I’d like there to be a randomizing button.
I usually spend a few minutes on it, there's always cutscenes.

NOBODY confirmed third person cutscenes or (things that could be called a 3rd person cutscene, but for technical reasons are not called that) would not be in the game. This is being made up completely out of thin air, and we are worrying for no reason. Everyone relax! :shrug:
If I am wrong, someone please prove me wrong with undeniable evidence.

:shrug:

I don`t have the time to re watch / listen to them again but in one of these pod casts Lilayah ( i think this one ) said no 3rd person cut scenes .

First person perspective is the perspective of all human beings. Only difference is in a video game you do not have the same degree of control, but it's still counts as first person perspective. :shrug:

I don't want to derail this thread, but monitor FPP field of view is drastically less than a real-life human FPP. I imagine you are sitting at a monitor reading this? Without moving your head, look around the edges of monitor at the things you see around you. That is how much is missing. Until we arrive at full VR, FPP is not immersive due to how restricted it is, at least for me it isn't. Its like looking at the world through a keyhole. This discussion has already been had in other threads.

FPP is the natural point of view of humans yes, but computer FPP does not represent that field of view accurately.

Also, FPP can have the same clipping issues as third person, if you are allowed to look around freely (not in a FPP cutscene). You can't 'hide' stuff with FPP, you still need to see your own limbs and body, and you can thus see your body or clothes clipping through things. FPP is not automatic solution to these issues.

What I mean is, instead of having a slider like this
O------------------------------------
just improve the GUI so that each individual " - " is labeled with it's own button and number so that it looks like this
[1]-[2]-[3]-[4]-[5]-[6]-[7]-[8]-[9]-[10]
I wouldn't call that an improvement. Sliders don't need to have any indication of what you're choosing, beyond the arrow or dot or whatever is used to choose a setting.

Not knowing the exact setting isn't an issue for me, either.

I wouldn't call that an improvement. Sliders don't need to have any indication of what you're choosing, beyond the arrow or dot or whatever is used to choose a setting.

Not knowing the exact setting isn't an issue for me, either.

I think it makes it a little easier when you have numbers rather than a spot along a line .

I think it makes it a little easier when you have numbers rather than a spot along a line .
The reason I don't need to know the exact setting is that I don't create characters that are exact replicas of previous characters.

The only improvement to a basic no-indicators slider that I would want is a "reset to default" button if the default isn't something super clear (like as far right as the slider can go).

The reason I don't need to know the exact setting is that I don't create characters that are exact replicas of previous characters.

The only improvement to a basic no-indicators slider that I would want is a "reset to default" button if the default isn't something super clear (like as far right as the slider can go).
The benefit of having indicators is that someone can post their character and the exact specs to get that achieved face. In games that don't have that, save files with premade characters end up being popular downloads

Yeah, 34:26 specifically. Timestamped below. I don't think she outright says no 3rd person cutscenes, but she says it "might be just that" (referring to only seeing your character in the inventory, and presumably mirrors).

I'm kind of already assuming I will not be able to see my character third-person except in menus or a mirror (no cutscenes at all with dialogue and maybe tiny snippets with preset cut scenes only like when you first enter apartment perhaps) and I also already assume I will not be able to look down all the time at my body/legs/feet at all (except preset animations in specific situations like vaulting, sitting down for specific scenes, etc) while just walking normally, so I am really not too concerned about character customization that much right now. I think character customization is less important the less often you will actually see your character.

I haven't even seen the simple act of V's hands manipulating like say elevator buttons (no V hand to push button, it just clicks on with your mouse) so I kind of feel like it's going to be a floating head with arms only at times. I still hope though for character customization that you can have some level of preset slider options that allow a lot of different looks for V.

I'm kind of already assuming I will not be able to see my character third-person except in menus or a mirror (no cutscenes at all with dialogue and maybe tiny snippets with preset cut scenes only like when you first enter apartment perhaps) and I also already assume I will not be able to look down all the time at my body/legs/feet at all (except preset animations in specific situations like vaulting, sitting down for specific scenes, etc) while just walking normally, so I am really not too concerned about character customization that much right now. I think character customization is less important the less often you will actually see your character.

I haven't even seen the simple act of V's hands manipulating like say elevator buttons (no V hand to push button, it just clicks on with your mouse) so I kind of feel like it's going to be a floating head with arms only at times. I still hope though for character customization that you can have some level of preset slider options that allow a lot of different looks for V.
You can see your body, legs, and hands when you look down. This is not a floating camera.

Top Bottom