Ghost in the Shell Game?

+

Would gamers like a Ghost in the Shell game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Maybe

• I don't care

• Not my genre

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
Ghost in the shell game?

Hmm?

Edit: Since this thread is still alive I'm going to explain.
Since the Cyberpunk 2077 has such a popularity with the gamer world, I thought there will be some devs that might want to take advantage of the cyberpunk genre. Sony used to make GitS games but I prefer a third party dev making the game.

This game would be kind of a reboot of the GitS trilogy.

Last edited:
Ghost in the Shell game? You have to give some more information as to what you want because just shouting a name of random an anime doesn't give us anything to go by.

Also, there already have been multiple GitS games released. So, what else do you want?

I am a huge Gits fan, but never played the past games. I totally want to and if a new one came about...then totally maybe. I am more drawn to the psychology of the franchise. I love it so much...

Buuut yeaaah, @4RM3D has a point. Without being specific, your not saying a lot and this thread may already be dead...:giveup:

ghost in the shell is not cyberpunk (no rockers and no nomads)
It actually is universally accepted as a prime example of the cyberpunk genre...however, if you mean it's not Cyberpunk 20XX, you are absolutely correct.

On topic, though...what kind of game are we talking about? If we're saying we get to create a new Section 9 team member and take on missions in an open world Niihama Prefecture with our own personal Tachikoma, then hell yeah, sign me up!

Last edited:
wow

So you would also say Neuromancer is not Cyberpunk because it has no rockerboys or nomads, even though Neuromancer invented the expression "cyberpunk"?
It isn't though, Bruce Bethke's novel "Cyberpunk!" coined the term. Gibson's work was more popular/influential, but it didn't invent the term, nor should we keep propping it up as some divine standard to judge all future cyberpunk from, it is severely limiting and encourages stagnation.

okay i think my answer was too simple
cyberpunk is based on gibson work and i don't think Shirou Masamune was thinking that way when he did ghost in the shell
but....i DO think cyberpunk 2077 can mix it's just there a ocean between them
in my version of cyberpunk online "concept" i get section 9 involve in a stolen cpu chip that is essential for bioemplant machinery. further down the plot they found it was done by a american, forcing section to investigated on us soil (that how i got them to mix)
only to found out that it was a veterant gift to doctor Lemier (french canadian lead cybernatic designer at raven corporation in oregon) for all the work he did with the broken soldiers foundation, turning the storie into a debate: can cyborg can be men again?

okay i think my answer was too simple
cyberpunk is based on gibson work and i don't think Shirou Masamune was thinking that way when he did ghost in the shell
but....i DO think cyberpunk 2077 can mix it's just there a ocean between them
in my version of cyberpunk online "concept" i get section 9 involve in a stolen cpu chip that is essential for bioemplant machinery. further down the plot they found it was done by a american, forcing section to investigated on us soil (that how i got them to mix)
only to found out that it was a veterant gift to doctor Lemier (french canadian lead cybernatic designer at raven corporation in oregon) for all the work he did with the broken soldiers foundation, turning the storie into a debate: can cyborg can be men again?
Shirou Masamune was directly influenced by Blade Runner, like a lot of the manga and anime creators of the mid to late 80s and early 90s were, and is anyone really going to object to the idea that Blade Runner is most certainly cyberpunk?

And you still have yet to define what kind of game this GitS would be, btw...

Last edited:
If we're just speaking in general terms about a GiTS game I'd love to see it made into more of an open box RPG similar to what CP 2077 is apparently going to be. But instead of retelling the main story all of the other characters (and new ones) come up in side missions and whatnot. I'm thinking the ME series meets GiTS. Story mode with different options based on choices. And probably flesh out some of the government sectors as faction choices

Top Bottom