What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Overhype.
2. Possible censorship.
3. That non lethal approach will be mandatory, like if you want your allies to be alive or a good story choices and good ending, than you must to be stealthy, like in Dishonored and Metro series. I know, it's a RPG, but forcing to non lethal approach wouldn't be a nice desision.

well for me , there is already one fear that was confirmed back when that 48min showed . Think was one of the Dev ?(They are called Red here on the forum?) who explained that we couldnt choose the companions . Like you like X right? well you be forced to take Y instead for a certain quest . So..there goes running and gunning with your favorite Gf lol .

They could change that by the time it's released...but until I hear something...feeeeear! lol

Of course I'm afraid that the story is a bit bland . The Merc setting isn't anything glorious . Often it assume you are a greedy asshole with no morale compasse . So let's hope they keep their promise of 'choices matters'' and 'great story focus'' .

My last fear...NO ABS!....:eek:

So first thing first, I'm super hyped about Cyberpunk 2077. I've been looking forward to it ever since the teaser went out back in 2013. I could go on and on why this is the case, but that's not what this thread is about.

I don't like to be to hyped, and for most part I'm not the guy that gets hyped over stuff. The reason for that being that I don't want to be let down.
So I would want to hear what everyone is most worried about when it comes to Cyberpunk 2077.
I don't want to hear silly stuff like "I'm worried that I won't be able to do a handstand". I mean stuff that would make you not like the game and maybe even make you not buy it.

Of course try to be realistic, things that may actually happen to the game.
And as always respect other people's opinions and try to behave, this is not a hate thread, just a get down to earth from all the hype thread :)

The thing I'm most worried about is optimization and serious bugs. A lot of big games have these problems lately it seems, games on PC that's only 30-60 FPS or just laggy for some reason and games that's a buggy mess ( you know what games I'm speaking of ;) ). So I would hate it to be the case here.

I don't want stuff like this to happen:
Bug1.jpgbug2.jpgbug3.jpg

I hope this kind of tread doesn't already exist here, I tried to find one, but I may just not have seen it.

Bugs sucks, as long it isnt as bad as FO76, I can deal with it, even though I finished FO76.

My biggest worry was they push this too dark. Sci-fi is hard sell. Dark sci-fi even harder. But now they are telling NPCs can be killed so they went with violence it seems, oh well. Maybe celebs like Keanu can bring more "lightness" if you know what I mean.

My biggest worries are that the character systems are:
- onesided (every skill exists to engage in or avoid combat),
- unvaried (there are no utility skills for less common activities -- i.e. no skill for driving, social interactions, or other 2020 things like forgery, languages, human perception, geology, etc),
- unimpactful (they do very little difference in how the game plays and how the character works),
- predictable (just a basic set seen in hundreds of other games, doing exactly the same things with no surprises),
- gimmicky in places -- I fear the one lifepath choice we have is left as a gimmick that bears no significance anywhere but in the intro and few choice lines in scripted sequences, that that single choice for lifepath we have is overglorified and the affect to the intro sequence just won't cover as much ground as a few lesser, but differing choices could.

and that the world interaction (through said systems) is nothing short of non-existent; that there's very very little to engage in between missions.

I fear that gun combat, inspite of what is said about how the stats are supposed to affect it, is too much like a straightforward FPS (because the developer might be afraid to make the governing systems as impactful as the should be for them to feel like they make a difference, because it would be clumsy early on); and that the smart gun systems won't be helping with that (autohitting with curving bullets is just not a substitute for unimpactful stats).

And I fear that the storytelling focus dictates too much of how the game plays and how we can express our character (immortal companions that are in the way and are not helpful, unkillable NPC's which leads to less choice and consequence, ridig structure to follow even if individual missions might have choices and options in them (i.e. what they said about having to visit ripperdocs to progress), distractingly obvious levelscaling design).

All that combined, I fear the game gets boring, repetitive and colourless to play in the long run. Just like Witcher 3 did.

That's about it. Mostly gameplay related things.

Core storytelling and mission design will probably be good, audiodesign will probably be good, visual design is already better than needed. Bugs and glitches don't bother me, unless they break the game. The game isn't going to be too short for certain.

So what I fear is that the jelly doughnut that's being advertised might not have jelly and has half it's sugar replaced with salt. It looks the part, but...will it also walk the walk.

My biggest concern previously was that the world may be heading into a recession which would undoubtedly have a serious impact on the gaming industry (gaming is luxury goods, and luxury businesses struggle when people are out of jobs/money). If it had hit a year ago, or if Cyberpunk would be in devlopment for another year or two, this could've ended up having an impact on the game (investors putting their money elsewhere, rushing the game due to fiscal problems, etc), but for now I'm feeling pretty good about Cyberpunk.

Multiplayer

What exactly is CD projeck goals in the multiplayer section.
We need more information on this part.

I'm good for co-op up to four players but not online services.

...and that the smart gun systems won't be helping with that (autohitting with curving bullets is just not a substitute for unimpactful stats).

I would hope smart weapons with guided projectiles come with a downside: they should be jammable, making them worse than a conventional weapon against an appropriately geared enemy.

My biggest worry is that Keanu Reeves as Johnny Silverhand is going to eventually get on my last goddamned nerve and make me not want to finish the game. It's been reported that he has something like the second most dialogue in the game, he's an AI stuck in your head so you can't avoid him or shut him up and he's supposed to be a major smartass the majority of the time. I don't know about anyone else, but that's the last thing I want, especially if he nags the hell out of you to do some story related task when you feel like exploring and going off the beaten path.

Being saddled with annoying NPCs is bad enough...making them unavoidable and with you at all times is criminal and could turn me off the game for good. Which is why I won't be pre-ordering or buying at launch, but instead letting others be the lab rats and reporting back just how bad it is.

Multiplayer

What exactly is CD projeck goals in the multiplayer section.
We need more information on this part.

I'm good for co-op up to four players but not online services.

Hmm, interesting to see someone speaking about multiplayer, didn't even cross my mind. Is it even confirmed that they will have multiplayer? Isn't that just something that they are talking about maybe adding after launch?
Well if it's in the game at some point, what about online services don't you like?
Would like co-op as well, but don't see a problem with online multiplayer, it's nothing you need to play, so it doesn't change the main game.

My biggest worry is that Keanu Reeves as Johnny Silverhand is going to eventually get on my last goddamned nerve and make me not want to finish the game. It's been reported that he has something like the second most dialogue in the game, he's an AI stuck in your head so you can't avoid him or shut him up and he's supposed to be a major smartass the majority of the time. I don't know about anyone else, but that's the last thing I want, especially if he nags the hell out of you to do some story related task when you feel like exploring and going off the beaten path.

Being saddled with annoying NPCs is bad enough...making them unavoidable and with you at all times is criminal and could turn me off the game for good. Which is why I won't be pre-ordering or buying at launch, but instead letting others be the lab rats and reporting back just how bad it is.
Me too. I really hope that despite having so much dialog this doesn't become the Keanu Reeves show.

Me too, I won't be buying at launch or pre-ordering but for other reasons. I'm going to buy it at sale. I also don't want all those pre-order items. I don't have room for them in my bedroom.

Guest 3847602

That the game will try too hard to be both story driven and traditional RPG (at the expense of the later) and that it'll end up doing neither of those two things well enough. Essentially, that CDPR's decision to focus their attention on the storytelling is totally misguided because the strength of Cyberpunk brand is completely different than that of The Witcher.
Oh, and possibility of Ciri's cameo has got me worried, too, of course :)

That the game will try too hard to be both story driven and traditional RPG (at the expense of the later) and that it'll end up doing neither of those two things well enough. Essentially, that CDPR's decision to focus their attention on the storytelling is totally misguided because the strength of Cyberpunk brand is completely different than that of The Witcher.
Oh, and possibility of Ciri's cameo has got me worried, too, of course :)

Very much agreed.
Post automatically merged:

I would hope smart weapons with guided projectiles come with a downside: they should be jammable, making them worse than a conventional weapon against an appropriately geared enemy.

My hope is that the upside of not needing as much mobility will come at the cost of being less accurate (according to character stats) and never reaching quite as reliable results as with manual aim at a maxed skill (even a top accuracy of 90-95% can affect the outcomes).

Last edited:
Bugs at launch is my biggest worry. If it's nearly as good as The Witcher 3 a month after launch (PS4) I'll be more then happy.

Cyber Punk will be a game like Fallout 4:
1) RPG in quotes
2) The opportunity to get pleasure from the game only because of the mods
3) It is already known that the game has immortal NPCs (how can an RPG game with freedom of choice be, this is not a game in the genre "immersive sim" ) So, we’ll just look at the story, don’t build our own...
4) Can, just as in F4, we have no opportunity when looking down to see the body with legs? This is the purest pleasure, when in games from the first person tilting the camera down, seeing only the ground, realize that you are just a flying head with a weapon in your hands! (hands growing out of head, apparently)

Cyber Punk will be a game like Fallout 4:
1) RPG in quotes
2) The opportunity to get pleasure from the game only because of the mods
3) It is already known that the game has immortal NPCs (how can an RPG game with freedom of choice be, this is not a game in the genre "immersive sim" ) So, we’ll just look at the story, don’t build our own...
4) Can, just as in F4, we have no opportunity when looking down to see the body with legs? This is the purest pleasure, when in games from the first person tilting the camera down, seeing only the ground, realize that you are just a flying head with a weapon in your hands! (hands growing out of head, apparently)

You should play Witcher 3 to know more about CDPR's style.

Hmm, interesting to see someone speaking about multiplayer, didn't even cross my mind. Is it even confirmed that they will have multiplayer? Isn't that just something that they are talking about maybe adding after launch?
Well if it's in the game at some point, what about online services don't you like?
Would like co-op as well, but don't see a problem with online multiplayer, it's nothing you need to play, so it doesn't change the main game.
There's a 40 person team working on it right now. It's more than just a thought

You should play Witcher 3 to know more about CDPR's style.
OK, this is slightly confusing, to say the least. I've seen people say to not expect certain things because that's not CDPR's style and we should look to The Witcher 3 to get an idea what to expect, but then again you have people saying just because CDPR has done certain things before in previous games, they won't necessarily do it in this game and you shouldn't look to their other games as this is an entirely new IP. So which is it? :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom