Forum Gwent - campaign

+
Dear all,

I would like to play some friendly games in a different settings.

The idea would be to have a short campaign, in which individual Gwent matches are tied together and the game progress is shown on a map.

forum-campaign.jpg

Are there any forum users interested? If so, just let me know.
I'm looking for a minimum of 3 other players up to a maximum of 8.

Of course the setting is entirely non-competitive and unofficial, no prize and such... Just (hopefully) some fun.

---

Turn description: each turn a player chooses an adjacent area to attack. The attack is resolved (unsurprisingly) by playing a game of Gwent.
If the attackers is succesfull, he / she gains control over the attacked area. If the defender repels the attacker, then nothing changes on the map.

Victory condition: the player able to control simultaneously 10 region wins. This requirement is decreased by one each turn. For example, 10 areas have to be controlled in turn 1 to secure the victory, 9 areas in turn 2, 8 areas in turn 3 and so on.

Losing condition: if a given faction loses all the controlled regions is eliminated. This rules does not apply to the monster faction.

Monsters: they can attack wherever they want on the map, not necessarly an adjacent area. Even if they lose their last controlled area on the map, they are still in the game.

Map features:
- castle: the attackers' deck has a -4 provision modifier when attacking the area protected by a castle. Please change your deck accordingly.
- dwarf stronghold: attackers cannot use spells in their deck when attacking this area
- place of power: ban a single leader of a given faction. The ban last as long as you control the place of power. The banned leader can not be used even against third factions and to attack or defend other areas.

---

When? CEST 21:30-23:00 / day yet to decide

Interesting.

I'm not entirely sure I clearly envision your idea about the regions, and how players would manage to control them simultaneously. Could you possibly explain this again, please? As I understand it, each player would start at a location on your map, with a themed deck reflecting the chosen position, and would attempt to defeat a player in an adjacent location?

I like the basic idea as I'm a fan of such a kind of games, but there are quite a lot of things left unclear:
-is this supposed to happen at a single day, or are players resolving their matches whenever they have time?
-are the player turns all happening at the same time or one after another?
-what happens if more than 1 player decides to attack a certain region?
-how often are players allowed to change their decks?

@Riven-Twain
Each player (or group of players if we have many participants) would actually represent a single faction. I'll come back with a better explanation as soon as I'm back home. :cool:
@FG15-ISH7EG
Indeed, I wanted to hear what you guys think before writing in detail and see whether there is interest.
Post automatically merged:

I'm not entirely sure I clearly envision your idea about the regions,

I think the best way to explain what I have in mind is with an example!

Player A picks Nilfgaard as his favourite faction.
Player B chooses Monsters, player C Scoiatel and player D Northern Realms, because nothing else is left and there is no Skellige in this campaign.

sad-NR-player.png

As Monster controls a place of power, the player is allowed to ban a leader: she chooses to ban Calveit. Player C (Scoiatel) bans the Arachas Queen.

The first turn Player A decides to attack player D. Specifically to attack from region 2 to region 4. The player may decide to attack any region bordering his domains. On the map, the different locations have a small number close to them, to ease the communication between players.

In this example, the player is not allowed to pick Calveit as a leader, because previously banned, and has to build a deck with -4 provision compared to a regular Gwent game. This represents the disadvantage of having to cross the Yaruga to attack a Northern Realm's castle.

The two involved players have to fight! After the Gwent match is over, Player A has defeated player D. Region 4 has been conquered by NG. The map is updated

NG-crossing-the-Yaruga.png

Player B can now perform an action. As the Monster player is not subject to any limitation concerning where to attack, she decides to spawn her deadly army at 8.
The Nilfgaardian player has now to defend himself from a treacherous Monster attack in the rear...

After all 4 players have performed their action the turn is over.

-is this supposed to happen at a single day, or are players resolving their matches whenever they have time?

I would split the campaign in a few fixed number of days. I'd like to have a faster pace, if possible.

I'm of course open to the suggestion of other players. If they prefer otherwise and have their matches whenever they have time so be it.

-are the player turns all happening at the same time or one after another?

If we are four players, the player action would happen one after another. This would also solve the problem of what happens if more than 1 player decides to attack the same area.

If more players decide to join, we could try to have the game run in "parallel" and multiple Gwent matches played at once, by having two actions solved at once.

-how often are players allowed to change their decks?

As often as they like.

I'm open to suggestion, if you would add a feature on the map or you think a certain rule would make the game more interesting, I welcome fresh ideas.

Last edited:
Top Bottom