What is the first thing you'll do in Night City?

+
April 16th 2020. Game installed. Character creation. Tutorial/pologue. Night City is now yours to explore. What is the frst thing you'll do as a player? You follow directly the main quest, do some free roam, start as many side quests as possible?

Personally, I will sightsee Night City and its districts to see how it looks like and get the vibe of it. It's something I do in every open world game. No quests, no real purpose. Just a tourist. Given districts are not hard level gated so you can't access them at all, ofc.

Then I'll test how solid the game is: I'll look for an high level enemy/NPC and see if I can kill him. I'll drive my car into a wall (or other vehicles) to see how the game deals with accidents (car gets damaged, V loses HP, wall's texture change to mimic cracks, if riding a bike V falls?). Steal vehicles to see how different they drive. Start shooting on the crowd to see the crime system. Try to enter buildings and see what happens.

Then I'll probably reload my save and start playing following the "right" path drawn by devs alternating main and side quests (and see how well interconnected the 2 type of misisons are), but first I want to know how solid the game (and its world!) is.

Dive head-first into the story and characters. I'm all for the RPG aspect of the game, and I wanna scope out all the romances as well. Once I have a foothold, I'll start exploring the city and just having a blast! I might reload the game a few times depending on how the origins work, but otherwise, that's the plan! You know, I haven't really thought about it up until now, because I'm not really sure what we'll be able to do in the game as a whole, but still, that's the gist of it

The same way I start any other open-world game; punch some random person, then escalate and raise as much hell as I can until I die or the game makes me start over. Once I have that out of my system, play normally. Probably explore (if the game will let me) and get the lay of the land.

Romance Meredith Stout. And climb that corporate ladder.

...but that'll take a while I'm assuming.

I will be driving my Quadra Vtech around and getting as many cheeseburgers my eddies can afford!!!

Wherever the lifepath takes me. I might check the music first though, its kinda interesting to see what kind of music they went.

Playing the main quest but I would like to visit all the buildings that are "open".

I too will go sightseeing from the start, to see what I can do in the city, aside from shooting around. Like, going into a club to see if I can dance and drink. Seeing if we can sit in a restaurant, to look out the window, observing the pedestrians while enjoying a quick meal. Finding some first side activities, to see if they're worthwhile. Or just walking around in the massive apartment building, where V lives, to see what kind of neighbors there are and to how many of them we can talk to.

I'll guess I will do a lot of walking too, exploring alleyways, wandering through parks, taking the train or cap to get around, abiding the traffic regulations when driving myself. Actually, this will apply to the entire game, walking and driving like in RL too, without the convenience of fast travel. Unless "shit hits the fan" that is...

...oh, and I want to reach the highest point in the city, to see how breathtaking the view will be.

I'll probably do a couple of missions to see how things start rolling, and then take a more freeform approach (to what extent that is possible).

I know what won't be the first thing I do: following the main story (unless I have no choice). :p

Probably just exploring the city, climbing wherever I can, getting killed by at least gravity. You know, the typical open-world stuff. :D

Most likely I'll go through all the skills you can get, reading all the descriptions, to see how exactly I want to build my character. Then because a lot of skills develop as you use them, I'll probably be spending hours in the gun range or doing other activities to lvl up my character before I jump into the story.

Yep. Sightseeing. A nice walk, find a nice place to practice getting used to inputs/controls(hopefully customizable)and physics til it's second nature. It's gonna be a loong game. Don't want to die from forgetting the maps(yes i'm a scatterbrain).

...check the menu of that Filipino restaurant before taking on the main quest.

Last edited:
Check out the guns and mods for them. Hoping these aren't locked behind skills but I have a feeling they may be.

Lots of exploring and sightseeing between the districts, also something I hope isn't locked behind story progression....

Top Bottom