The General Videogame Thread

+
I saw 2 things that immediately made me say NO to WD:L:
1) level's on enemies' heads here as well (after AC origins, odyssey and FC:ND, pure ubisoft style: they made one mechanic and reuse it ubiquitously)
2) wrestling moves. I can't take this game seriously.

WD1 had a terrible driving system and narrative was a little simple, but it was serious, so it had my interest. WD2 was too "childish", I hated it. WD:L looks like it want to continue that way.

The concept of using procuderally created characters is very interesting, I'm curious to see how this will fit with narrative and vice versa. It could work very well but it can also end up in something very basic.

I'm mainly interested in WD:L because of the character stuff. At the same time, I can see that getting old/ boring after a while, with no main character to get attached to. The main attraction for me though, is exploring London. It'll be a blast to explore that!

People who don't think you will get attached to random characters probably don't play games like the X-Com series or the State of Decay series. If you play with a random character enough and build it up with skills over time, and especially if you can customize the look like in X-com, which you can in WD Legion, most people will get attached to them. This is especially true if the specter of permadeath looms over them.

I'm definitely looking forward to WD Legion, actually just about as much as I'm looking forward to CP 2077, even.

Steam Sales so far, Technomancer, AC Odyssey, Wolfestein 2 and Darksiders 3. Darksiders 3 is what I look forward the most actually, its been a while since Darksiders 2.

Cyberpunk styled point and click adventure game in the works - Encodya: https://chaosmonger.itch.io/encodya

Developers are planning a crowdfunding campaign soon.

New releases usually aren't something I'm interested in but I did grab the Rusty Lake trilogy on GOG last night. Something about point-and-click puzzle games appeals to me.

So far I'm really enjoying the puzzles in Hotel; they're not too easy but not too hard either. Great atmosphere, too. Creepy in a good way. (Never watched Twin Peaks, so I'm not getting any such vibes.)

(I know the games aren't new -- but they were new releases on GOG.)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they added levels on enemies' head in control as well. :facepalm: Can we get something a little different for once, please? All games have the same mechanics right now... FFS :giveup:

Graphically and artistically it looks great, at least.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they added levels on enemies' head in control as well. :facepalm: Can we get something a little different for once, please? All games have the same mechanics right now... FFS :giveup:

Blame the people who rush through a game and then complain there isn't enough to it...developers are using this as a way to slow players down some and get them to actually experience the game they spent years making.

In a way, I can't blame them for the frustration that makes them come up with stuff like this. Nothing more annoying than creating something that a player is supposed to take their time and explore and savor, only to have players rush through it, miss an insane amount of the game in a mad dash to see the credits and then get online to bitch about how the game the developers built to take double digits in hours to complete was finished in single digits.

(Empties the entire clip. Marshmallows. Everywhere.) Let's tone down the energy a bit. I can feel the heat. Look at that marshmallow! It's literally boiling. Too much heat. (Clicks the trigger a few more times just to ensure the rifle is empty. Shoulders it.)

But, I get you. I am also feeling more than jaded about the almost complete lack of ingenuity in many designs. Trouble is, it's safe. It's what people know and like. And the crux of the situation is that people keep buying it. That's the final nail in the coffin...along with a few clamps and a couple bags of dirt thrown over the top.

What really needs to happen is people lauding and celebrating innovations that really work. Without positively bringing things to the forefront...the complaints all start blending together...

I'm not sure why there's so much hype for this game. Looks to be the same thing as Quantum Break. Shooty shooty bang bang, magic powers. Wheeee.

Is there more to it that I'm missing? I can't even muster the energy to be disappointed by enemy levels. Is it an RPG now? What? o_O

Anyway, on a more positive note, this game looks fun. Open-world action platformer.

Is there more to it that I'm missing?
rogue-like (-lite?), no microsoft's shitty live action series, ridiculously good art direction.
I'm not particularly interested in the game itself, but that art direction already sold it to me. Black friday, probably already at half price or less and it'll be mine. If the game is good, ofc.

rogue-like (-lite?), no microsoft's shitty live action series, ridiculously good art direction.
I'm not particularly interested in the game itself, but that art direction already sold it to me. Black friday, probably already at half price or less and it'll be mine. If the game is good, ofc.
Why is her mouth so weird? The main character.

Timestamped:

Art direction looks pretty dull to me, but to each their own. I obviously hope it's a good game, too, I love to be surprised.

Anybody here excited for bloodlines 2?Damn waited so long for a remake and hopefully they don’t f* it up.Still miss companies like troika games.A new system shock is also in development and there is still hope for a remaster of the first deus ex what was the best in the series.Baldurs gate will be great for sure because larian reminds me a bit of cd project in their passion for rpgs.Another xcom would be cool too

Top Bottom