The World of Cyberpunk 2077

+
I just wanna say its a good move to make this kind of book available to everyone, and not just the elite few who managed to get their hands on the nigh-impossible-to-get collector's edition.

I just wanna say its a good move to make this kind of book available to everyone, and not just the elite few who managed to get their hands on the nigh-impossible-to-get collector's edition.
?? This book is in the collector's edition? Isn't that an art book?

I have the one they did for The Witcher, The World of The Witcher. It's one of my favorite books I own because it has both lots of arts and lots of interesting texts, not only about the arts themselves but about the games' and books' lore.

I'm definitely getting this one (when it releases in spanish) :D

Good move, I bet the game itself only scratches the surface of Cyberpunk World.

Btw, this isnt necessarily for us gamer, Cyberpunk 2020 PnP has massive 5 mill playerbase too.

Even if I don't buy CP2077 because it's to "twitch" for me to be physically able to play I'll definitely be getting this book!

After a quick Google search it seems like no where :( Maybe send DarkHorseComics, an Email . I guess it depends what state your from and if you have a big Comic store near , Zing has a lot of everything too.

After a quick Google search it seems like no where :( Maybe send DarkHorseComics, an Email . I guess it depends what state your from and if you have a big Comic store near , Zing has a lot of everything too.
I pre-ordered this morning through Amazon. It's just not on the au site.

Bonggging
Post automatically merged:

It's a different book in the CE unboxing vid, dunno if it is Dark Horse & has the same stuff

Gonna dig deeper
Post automatically merged:

?? This book is in the collector's edition? Isn't that an art book?
Ok...duhh...I play football!

This is a different book - the world compendium. It is also in the day one edition from those crackers at EB Games (they still owe me my Okami shirt that "disappeared" after I pre-ordered like day one)

If you pre-order that now (and you would be nuts not to...even I did) you will get the steelbook with the Maelstrom art & a couple other goodies.

Snootchie Bootchies

Last edited:
It's a different book in the CE unboxing vid, dunno if it is Dark Horse & has the same stuff

I know it is a different book, but until now it was the only known source for explaining and detailing the world of CP 2077. Theres tons of info on 2020, but you know, there is a 57 year difference between the two.

I would personally love to learn and understand more about the world CP 2077 is set in, before the game launches. It would help make the wait easier and allow me to plan my character and backstory beforehand.

I know it is a different book, but until now it was the only known source for explaining and detailing the world of CP 2077. Theres tons of info on 2020, but you know, there is a 57 year difference between the two.

I would personally love to learn and understand more about the world CP 2077 is set in, before the game launches. It would help make the wait easier and allow me to my character and backstory beforehand.
Ah, gotcha

I've only just started on the 2020 stuff...I had no idea about it as I was into other shit when that came about

Fascinating

Seeing concept art depicting how night city has changed since 2020 would be so cool. And some art conneted to the red rpg coming out soon.

I think this is a big miss in launching it after the game. Many would like to read before playing. If so many people have already started the game and possibly deep into it, the book does little good at that point. Just my opinion.

I think this is a big miss in launching it after the game. Many would like to read before playing. If so many people have already started the game and possibly deep into it, the book does little good at that point. Just my opinion.

But if you get it before the game, won't that just spoil the entire game for you?
And even if you don't care about spoilers, you know some guy will keep posting spoilers everywhere on the internet so people that don't want spoilers will get them...

But if you get it before the game, won't that just spoil the entire game for you?
And even if you don't care about spoilers, you know some guy will keep posting spoilers everywhere on the internet so people that don't want spoilers will get them...
I don't think this book will do that? Thought it was just background info filling in some of the details between 2020 and 2077. This isn't a guide book for the game itself, it's just details on the world of cyberpunk.

I don't think this book will do that? Thought it was just background info filling in some of the details between 2020 and 2077. This isn't a guide book for the game itself, it's just details on the world of cyberpunk.

The name is "The World of Cyberpunk 2077", so would think it's about the stuff you will see in Cyberpunk 2077. If you want more info about the between 2020 and 2077, just read and play Cyberpunk Red when it comes now august 1.

Maybe I'm in the wrong, but it would make sens if this book is about 2070 and what's in that world (things you may or may not see in the game).

You could be right, but I don't think there will be spoilers. I think it's more just detailed background info on things in the world. Even then, it would be your choice to read before you play, right?

You could be right, but I don't think there will be spoilers. I think it's more just detailed background info on things in the world. Even then, it would be your choice to read before you play, right?

Go to a cyberpunk 2020 wiki or read the new Red if you just want info about the world, it already exist, and info about the year 2077 will most likely have one or more spoilers that most people want to see for the first time when playing the game.

And you kinda miss my point about spoilers. If I'm on the internet, I will get spoilers shoved up my face if people know any, not my choice.

Go to a cyberpunk 2020 wiki or read the new Red if you just want info about the world, it already exist, and info about the year 2077 will most likely have one or more spoilers that most people want to see for the first time when playing the game.

And you kinda miss my point about spoilers. If I'm on the internet, I will get spoilers shoved up my face if people know any, not my choice.
The general public is not going to go on a wiki for background details and certainly won't be playing RED. I think you may be missing the point of this book

Yeah, it's kinda pointless, at least to me. If it had been released before the game, I would've bought it to read up on the world so I can play the way V is supposed to be, an operator in the know about what's going down in Night City. However, I can't see me buying the book when I can just play the game that came out first instead.

Top Bottom