I’m so bored of always going first

+
I have been thinking for a long time that most times I start being the first player.

Today, after several games in the first position, I started to count them. I have 6 consecutive games being the first player (only 6 counted, but I started counting after many games happening this).

Since reaching pro rank I go first in around 90 percent of matches. This is no exaggeration. How the hell is anybody supposed to be competitive when faced with such an outstandingly unfair disadvantage?

Some people love going first. Kind of depends on the deck.

If I go first and have a decent hand then I'm almost guaranteed to have the last play of the game which is a gigantic advantage.

I understand that, it just seems when I play certain decks that the chance of the coin flip is completely removed. Certainly with these decks it’s an advantage for me to play second, but surely it should all be left to chance and not deck dependant?

Since reaching pro rank I go first in around 90 percent of matches. This is no exaggeration. How the hell is anybody supposed to be competitive when faced with such an outstandingly unfair disadvantage?

Win anyway? If your win con is to get the good coin or hope your opponent doesn't draw well you either need to rethink your deck or your play. Just saying....

Not the point I’m trying to make. The coin flip is supposed to be random and 50/50, it isn’t.

It'd be more accurate to say it's supposed to appear random. It's a video game so it's reasonable to substitute pseudo-random for random. There is some algorithm designed to make it behave randomly. If you consider all of the "random" elements in this particular game it's quite clear it leaves a lot to be desired. Random damage, reveal mechanics, mulligans, etc. It's not a leap to think coin flip would exhibit a similar level of random. This is to say it's not even close :).

Your point was not missed. It's a reasonable point to make. My point is you know the behavior ahead of time. If you draw the short straw find a way to adjust around drawing the short straw. Plan ahead around the possibility of drawing the short straw. Sometimes you reflect on a game, recognize you did everything right but there was nothing to be done. The other player had better luck somewhere. Most of the time there is something you could do to handle it. Either in the deck builder or the game play.

Add an artefact, mate, something that just sits on the board. If that's not countered, you can usually seize the initiative.

So this is really bugging me again. Today I’ve played around 10 games and I’ve gone first in every single one. Yesterday I went first in around 80 % of the games I played.
I’m changing leaders, I’m changing factions, I face various different factions and decks, the only thing that stays the same is that I always seem to go first. When I switch to a leader that I’ve just played against, in which they went second, I still go first in the match.

Can somebody please try to explain why this is because it’s really starting to get on my t*ts?!

Guest 4305932

There no reason to switch leader or whatever It's random. Every game it's a coinflip.

There no reason to switch leader or whatever It's random. Every game it's a coinflip.

There’s absolutely nothing random about an event that continually favours one outcome over another. This isn’t happening just now, it’s happened since I started playing the game. From the beginning the outcome has been overwhelmingly in favour of me going first. That has nothing to do with probability.

I’m not changing leaders because of this, I’m simply giving information and data about the situation.

Guest 4305932

There’s absolutely nothing random about an event that continually favours one outcome over another. This isn’t happening just now, it’s happened since I started playing the game. From the beginning the outcome has been overwhelmingly in favour of me going first. That has nothing to do with probability.

I’m not changing leaders because of this, I’m simply giving information and data about the situation.

So what? CDPR is purposefully making you go first because...?

Every match is an indipendent event. You can go first 1000 times in a row.

So what? CDPR is purposefully making you go first because...?

Every match is an indipendent event. You can go first 1000 times in a row.

Instead of just giving the same answers said hundreds of times before, “the game is completely random and you just have bad luck”, why don’t you try to come up with a reason based on the information I’m giving?

Maybe it’s the type of leader I use; mainly Ardal, Calanthe, Whoreson and Calvert. Maybe it’s the type of cards in my deck. Maybe it’s the type of deck, I try to make control decks.

Either way I can categorically state that it happens far too often to be random.

Top Bottom