Make Nilfgaard Great Again

+

Guest 4305932

That's what's supposed to happen. Of course less people played it after it was nerfed. That didn't make the concept or strategy of the deck any less awesome. Why do you keep using some balance patch as a argument against an entire archetype's idea?

Read my post again, I am not using it as an argument against "the entire archetype idea" (which i loved). I simply think the skill required is really overestimated (especially after MW where everything before became a golden age) and that the nerf simply showed that it wasn't played for his strategic value but for his strength, I think it's funny that a deck that is still used as the pinnacle of skill was basically gone after one nerf. and it says a lot about what many people really ask from a deck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read my post again, I am not using it as an argument against "the entire archetype idea" (which i loved). I simply think the skill required is really overestimated (especially after MW where everything before became a golden age) and that the nerf simply showed that it wasn't played for his strategic value but for his strength, I think it's funny that a deck that is still used as the pinnacle of skill was basically gone after one nerf. and it says a lot about what many people really ask from a deck.

It doesn't really matter how fun a deck is to play. If you lose with it you won't play it very much.

A lot of great ideas in the document. Most of them sound good and like a real improvement. But I'm a bit concerned by Ursurper. Gaining 1 poison for 3 enemy mulligans is quite a bit. Assuming he will only get 1 additional charge through still means, he can destroy any opponent, which is really strong, when you go last in round 3. Nonetheless, the ability is really flavourful.

Guest 4305932

It doesn't really matter how fun a deck is to play. If you lose with it you won't play it very much.

I have seen many people stating they just want to have a fun and strategic deck. And the same people refusing to use tier 2-3 fun and strategic decks while using some midrange tier 1 and then complain about how everything is boring etc etc .

I have seen many people stating they just want to have a fun and strategic deck. And the same people refusing to use tier 2-3 fun and strategic decks while using some midrange tier 1 and then complain about how everything is boring etc etc .
Yes, cause these people would like to enjoy the game. Try to enjoy a game when you are losing 60/70% of the time, see how this goes. In BETA such decks could be played way more efficiently. The balance and thought put was actually better. Especially for the NG Faction, which was a standard for diversity.

Yes, cause these people would like to enjoy the game. Try to enjoy a game when you are losing 60/70% of the time, see how this goes. In BETA such decks could be played way more efficiently. The balance and thought put was actually better. Especially for the NG Faction, which was a standard for diversity.

Right, who could forget the thriller of playing against weather monsters, weather monsters, weather monsters, SK queens guard and then weather monsters again. And ofcourse NG with spies, reveal and the most beloved mill deck.

Right, who could forget the thriller of playing against weather monsters, weather monsters, weather monsters, SK queens guard and then weather monsters again. And ofcourse NG with spies, reveal and the most beloved mill deck.
So your point, considering the diverse state of NG ATM, is?

My point is that in Gwent today there is much more diversity than there was in beta. True that there are no more decks that are 100% archetype. Yet the decks i encounter are way more versatille than they ever were during beta (and i'm not talking just about NG).
I enjoyed beta as much as you did, but its long gone and i if one can't enjoy the game at its current state perhaps it's worth to try and enjoy something else. Comparing today Gwent to beta in every discussion won't bring beta back nor would it make you enjoy Gwent again.

But he's right,if u dont like this game then dont play it
Well, I am not (as are tens of thousands other users). I was playing a bit before the SY, but since their introduction I am disgusted with Ranked and Seasonal is meh this month. Doesn't mean that I am not checking for stuff for something (bleeps and giggles, mostly). I've invested thousands of hours and decent amount of cash in this game, but my interest in this once great product right now is minuscule at best.

Which is really sad.

If you ask me nilfgaurd is in a good place.So is SC. I have not won a match against these with northern realms in months.Make the north Great again.Evenwith the two awesome cards we got with syndicate is not enough.
Also what iIwant to know is why did NF most powerful card come in a 5 strength (goon who replays leader ability) this card needs changed. Every best Northern realms card is 3 strength. This means if I don't have aa lock or broken removal like freakshow, hljmar, or Skelton, then NF gets a 15 point swing. I'm playing self made but strong decks too and having a hard time winning a rank 16. Yet I've stuck with the north since beginning of beta

(Just an FYI)

*Nilfgaard

*NG
Im aware thank you. I'm posting from mobile and it's pain sometimes. My posts are full of wrong spelling and bad grammar. I'll just call them the guys in scrotum armor from now on. As that ls what they are now, one something is on TV it becomes the truth. Thank you netfluxx

DRK3

Forum veteran
Sorry for the topic revive, but the title felt appropriate for what i wanted to say.

I know NG on the past couple of months has just been hyperthin, and more recently, assimilate too. And i've read a lot of people saying none of the other archetypes was viable.

At the time i disagreed, but i just had a match that changed my mind...

Im a fan of lock decks. Im using one right now, with 6-8 locks. It might not be so good overall, but it is SUPPOSED to destroy engine decks, so most of NR decks. I remember in the past using similar decks and whenever i saw NR i knew i was gonna win.

But i still lost this match by a lot. Why? I got enough locks, but i can only play 1 per turn (only serrit can lock multiple, and my opponent was good enough or lucky enough to not use same bronzes on eavh round)

I cant do anything when my opponent plays 2 engines for 4 consecutive turns: Calanthe ability, Portal, Vernon Roche and the sword artefact on Roche again. It's just overwhelms any possible chance to stop their engines, and why NR is pretty much unbeatable on a long round.

I know NR is the greedy faction, but i believe a lock deck is meant to counter any engine deck effectively, which is not the case.

But i still lost this match by a lot. Why?

Lock is outdated, you are paying less power for provs in order to cancel the opponent, but now with the update on bronze cards you cant do it and gain points at same time.

I know NR is the greedy faction

NR is no more a greedy faction, is just a very strong tempo archetipe with the benefit of stomp if you cant stop some core mechanics.
Right now is easy to try to outscore them than control them.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Lock is outdated, you are paying less power for provs in order to cancel the opponent, but now with the update on bronze cards you cant do it and gain points at same time.

NR is no more a greedy faction, is just a very strong tempo archetipe with the benefit of stomp if you cant stop some core mechanics.
Right now is easy to try to outscore them than control them.

Lock is outdated, but it shouldnt. It's a much healthier form of control than removal. And the problem with locks is you can only lock 1 in 1 turn while your opponent is placing 2 engines in 1 turn.

And NR might not be as greedy as when it had deadly Foltest Pride and Kiyan, but its still the greedy faction. It even says so on one of the new loadings screen hints, so it's CDPR's words.

Sorry about offtop but how I can take cat frame with cat icon? I already took 3rd frame but without icon.

Guest 4368268

Got a pretty solid deck going atm. The premise is basically using 'Enslave' leader ability (seize for 6) + defender, Damien, Steffen Skellen and Letho Kingslayer as icing on the cake. Deck overall isn't as bad as I expected it to be as tactics might be weak but are fairly versatile. Being able to seize up to 3 times is generally an auto win on its own.

Top Bottom