I’m so bored of always going first

+

Guest 4305932

Instead of just giving the same answers said hundreds of times before, “the game is completely random and you just have bad luck”, why don’t you try to come up with a reason based on the information I’m giving?

Maybe it’s the type of leader I use; mainly Ardal, Calanthe, Whoreson and Calvert. Maybe it’s the type of cards in my deck. Maybe it’s the type of deck, I try to make control decks.

Either way I can categorically state that it happens far too often to be random.

I give this answer because is the most reasonable one. The information you are giving are literally showing that deck composition or leader choice does not influence the coin flip outcome.

I’m changing leaders, I’m changing factions, I face various different factions and decks, the only thing that stays the same is that I always seem to go first. When I switch to a leader that I’ve just played against, in which they went second, I still go first in the match.

You can go first 1000 times in a row.
While I generally agree to your point, this specific statement is not true. Even chaos has its rules. It's called probability. In a true 50/50 randomizer, the probability of experiencing 1000 times the same outcome is around 0.

So this is really bugging me again. Today I’ve played around 10 games and I’ve gone first in every single one. Yesterday I went first in around 80 % of the games I played.
I’m changing leaders, I’m changing factions, I face various different factions and decks, the only thing that stays the same is that I always seem to go first. When I switch to a leader that I’ve just played against, in which they went second, I still go first in the match.

Can somebody please try to explain why this is because it’s really starting to get on my t*ts?!

Curious... this is happening to me again in the last days... Whit Svalblod leader.
I change the leader (now I use Harald), and is solved...
I think the coin sometimes is crazy.

While I generally agree to your point, this specific statement is not true. Even chaos has its rules. It's called probability. In a true 50/50 randomizer, the probability of experiencing 1000 times the same outcome is around 0.
Yes, but over an infinite set of those random events, every outcome will be achieved with probability 1.
And while we have not an infinite set, just think about how many players are playing the game. The probability of it happening not at all is a lot lower than it happening at least once.

Yes, but over an infinite set of those random events, every outcome will be achieved with probability 1.
And while we have not an infinite set, just think about how many players are playing the game. The probability of it happening not at all is a lot lower than it happening at least once.
Damn, you're right! Chaos is so irritating.

So none of you are going to take into account that with certain leaders it’s clearly advantageous to play second? Or that the majority of times I play second I win the match?

I’m not saying it definitely isn’t random, I’m saying it extremely unlikely and I’d like people to try to think of reasons why this is other than saying it’s random.

Guest 4305932

So none of you are going to take into account that with certain leaders it’s clearly advantageous to play second? Or that the majority of times I play second I win the match?

This is a completely different argument. Going second is an advantage. But going first is not an "outstandingly unfair disadvantage". If you struggle so much going first you should rethink about your deck/strategic plan

I’m not saying it definitely isn’t random, I’m saying it extremely unlikely and I’d like people to try to think of reasons why this is other than saying it’s random.

I think you didn't bring any point that could make me considerer the idea that it's not random but decided by your leader/deck composistion. It a simple application of Occam's razor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 4368268

Most of the time I feel like it's 60/40% blue or red so I have no problem with that. The only time I brought out the old tinfoil hat is when I chose Harald as a leader (a quintessentially coin sensitive one) for my new deck and suddenly I had a 15-something blue coin streak going on. It felt very unfortunate to say the least but in pre tactical advantage Gwent it would have sent me to an asylum. :giveup:

I just played 10 matches and went first 10 times, basically EVERY TIME, 10 out of 10 going first.
Seriously this simply can NOT be random, i had a similar issue with an arena run yesterday so how exactly does it work?

Welcome to the .09% club...

Though this happens in real life less often, there is a 100% chance going first 10 times in a row will happen in a digital environment, because the math says it should at some point.

Top Bottom