Weekly Poll - 7/26/2019 - Music

+

What music genres are you most looking forward to hearing in Cyberpunk 2077?

• Total voters
I voted for 1 ,2 and 4 . I have to say i am looking forward to some Lizzy Wizzy , she is interesting to me .

8, 9, and 10. For real. All those punks and pops and raps and whatnot are mainstream; it would be nice to have something different for a change.

10 for when outside the city, whereas 8 and 9 could fit the city itself in a somewhat weird way. Not if playing all the time -- but to spice things up every now and then. If nothing else, it would be interesting. :D

(Also, I personally am not a fan of metal/rap/hip-hop/electronic/techno.)

2, 5, 9.
Metal can cover for punk. Ambients are a given. And classical music gives good contrast to the setting, plus it’s also awesome music that’s a universal fit.

Guest 3847602

1 & 5 for the sake of immersion, 2 because that's what I'll be listening to the most.
It's gonna be very disappointing if 3,4 or 6 is left out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats wrong with Psytrance? Im not trying to be selfish here, but its super progressive, monotonic, and repetitive, perfect fit for NC. At least I dont expect NC people to be dancers and such or some dreamers who go by the lake and start dreaming or are they, think I watched the trailer and it said "NC is city of dreams, and Im big dreamer". Did they go with "dreamers"? I imagine NC people to be "doers" if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
1, 5 and 9.
1 and 5 for most of the game ambient, and Classical for greatest moments as there is no better music for that.

Last edited:
I'm a little disappointed at the voting system here, I wanted to pick 'em all but only three are possible, so I voted for none, which also doesn't really works...
...In terms of music, I think it needs a good mix of everything, including the numerous sub-genres each category has to match the themes in the game. Ambient music should match districts/factions/characters/encounters and so on. I think the following could fit well.
  • Johnny Silverhand - Rock & metal mixed in with some 80s/90's techno & pop tunes. Maybe I think too much of Keanu Reeves and of iconic 80s/90s movies...
  • Jackie - I think of rock/metal, with some mariachi elements, well not too much mariachi, just enough to hear Jackie's origins...
  • Maelström - Hard gritty electronic industrial EBM, maybe some synthpop and/or gothic.
  • Animals - Full on nu-metal/aggro-metal.
  • Outlands/Nomads - Something akin to "Mad Max - Fury Road", lots of drums, e-guitar riffs, sounds that remind you of roaring car engines, oil spilling, and screeching tires.
  • Indian Cap Driver (from 2018 Trailer) :D - Some "over-the-top" Indian electro-swing, like a modern version of a cap driver with obnoxiously annoying music, but breaking the cliche a little by making it endurable.
  • Trauma Team - I'll would go with something akin to the soundtrack of "Heat" Force Maker, which played during the bank heist. Imagine that music, Trauma Team arrives, starting to sweep the area, searching for the client. Doors are kicked in, boots are stomping, their scrambled voices go "Go-go-go!" "Clear!", "Move!", "Out of the way!". It goes on for a few minutes with an unchanging beat. "Client located!", they tend to the client with CPR & first aid, putting him on a stretcher and start moving back to the vehicle. Enemies appear, music cuts completely out, "CONTACT!" and the rest of the scene goes without music whatsoever, just the gun sounds and screaming/yelling of the involved people, trying to survive...
...yeah, something like that.

I'm a little disappointed at the voting system here, I wanted to pick 'em all but only three are possible, so I voted for none, which also doesn't really works...
That's the point. If I put an option "I want variety," then everyone would pick it. The max you can vote for in a poll is 5. I normally pick at most three to force people to choose the ones they like the most.

Last edited:
That's the point. If I put an option "I want variety," then everyone would pick it. The max you can vote for in a poll is 5. I normally pick at most three to force people to choose the ones the like the most.
No biggie. I guess I'm more disappointed at myself for struggling with such votes...
...I went with 2, 5, 7 now. I think they suit my tastes the most.

...In terms of music, I think it needs a good mix of everything, including the numerous sub-genres each category has to match the themes in the game. Ambient music should match districts/factions/characters/encounters and so on. I think the following could fit well.
  • Johnny Silverhand - Rock & metal mixed in with some 80s/90's techno & pop tunes. Maybe I think too much of Keanu Reeves and of iconic 80s/90s movies...
  • Jackie - I think of rock/metal, with some mariachi elements, well not too much mariachi, just enough to hear Jackie's origins...
  • Maelström - Hard gritty electronic industrial EBM, maybe some synthpop and/or gothic.
  • Animals - Full on nu-metal/aggro-metal.
  • Outlands/Nomads - Something akin to "Mad Max - Fury Road", lots of drums, e-guitar riffs, sounds that remind you of roaring car engines, oil spilling, and screeching tires.
  • Indian Cap Driver (from 2018 Trailer) :D - Some "over-the-top" Indian electro-swing, like a modern version of a cap driver with obnoxiously annoying music, but breaking the cliche a little by making it endurable.
  • Trauma Team - I'll would go with something akin to the soundtrack of "Heat" Force Maker, which played during the bank heist. Imagine that music, Trauma Team arrives, starting to sweep the area, searching for the client. Doors are kicked in, boots are stomping, their scrambled voices go "Go-go-go!" "Clear!", "Move!", "Out of the way!". It goes on for a few minutes with an unchanging beat. "Client located!", they tend to the client with CPR & first aid, putting him on a stretcher and start moving back to the vehicle. Enemies appear, music cuts completely out, "CONTACT!" and the rest of the scene goes without music whatsoever, just the gun sounds and screaming/yelling of the involved people, trying to survive...
...yeah, something like that.

Not bad, Corps should be into hot girls, imho. They could put little The Wolf of Walls Street twist into them.

This is definitely Netrunner/Hack music..

Not bad, Corps should be into hot girls, imho. They could put little The Wolf of Walls Street twist into them.

This is definitely Netrunner/Hack music..

Lol, since when do girls suffice as music? But I actually struggle hard, to think of music for corpos, or rather to put it into any genre. They're usually not doing a lot of action, at least not physically, yet, their job can be quite intense.
I kinda think of mysterious, brooding music. Classical music mixed with... I don't know, something that could fit an office environment...
...maybe like this, but slower to underline the brooding, calculated business thinking, intertwined with some classical strings to represent the upper class luxury... maybe?

Lol, since when do girls suffice as music? But I actually struggle hard, to think of music for corpos, or rather to put it into any genre. They're usually not doing a lot of action, at least not physically, yet, their job can be quite intense.

Usually big salary and hot girls go hand to hand. That's how I view corps anyway.

This MATTN girl looks hot, too bad her music sounds too "barbiesh" Nevertheless, could be nice choice if CDPR is looking for djs. Also from Belgia, not far from Poland.

Last edited:
Usually big salary and hot girls go hand to hand. That's how I view corps anyway.

This MATTN girl looks hot, too bad her music sounds too "barbiesh" Nevertheless, could be nice choice if CDPR is looking for djs. Also from Belgia, not far from Poland.

The topic is music, not hot girls...

The topic is music, not hot girls...

Are you saying they should take some German Dude like GTA5 did?

Btw, DJs are actually a thing in Cyberpunk, theres even own gang for them.

"The DJs are a Chromer gang whose membership consists of wannabe rockerboys with little or no talent (and a lot of expensive hardware). Most of them are tweens, engaging in small time crimes (Larceny, Ticket scalping, Bootleg memorabilia. "

https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/D.J.'s

MATTN likes surprisingly good beats, but then out of sudden she can go some strange fantasy/barbie pad.

These are my favorite hard-techno girls.

Last edited:
Good music. :p
Picked metal, synth, and of course punk.
But I'll be glad for all possible choices. Whatever my character's situation requires. :giggle:
I'm sure glad I'll be able to change radio stations at whim!

Player choice! (y)

Top Bottom