Poll: Did You Enjoy The Novigrad Expansion Journal Entries? [Spoilers]

+

Did You Enjoy The Novigrad Expansion Journal Entries?

• They could have been improved. [Please, specifiy how.]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Greetings, all,
As some may know, the Novigrad expansion featured an experimental extra lore element from Gwent's developers: Walter Veritas' journal entries, which were posted in various places on Twitter. Walter's truth-seeking investigations were intended to pique players' interests for the expansion, and also deepened the narrative surrounding its release. For my part, I kept careful track of their progress, collected the entries, and, in collaboration with @Burza46 , and @SlamaTwoFlags, re-posted them on the Forums as Novigrad Confidential: The Journal of Walter Veritas, as a reference resource for interested players.

However, there was neither an overwhelming response to this series on Twitter, nor here, so I'm personally rather curious what people thought of these lore articles. Did you like them? Dislike them? Didn't know they were even published? Could they have been improved? If so, how? Please, let us know your reactions.

Thanks!
~R.

rrc

Forum veteran
I loved those journal entries. I didn't read them until after the Expansion was confirmed. I was thinking that it is a hype for something that was going to come much later. Once I realised it was about the leaders, I read them all and I really like them.. Especially the last one
ooh poor Dodrick RIP

I loved those Journal Entries. They were well written and give a nice inside into Novigrad and all the new introduced characters.

Especially the last one
ooh poor Dodrick RIP
I was quite surprised by that
I didn't expect them to get rid of one of the new characters that quickly. While a lot of game characters have died during the overall story, it feels irritating (in a good way) seeing a newly introduced character biting the dust instantly.

I'd really like to see more background stories like the journal in the future.

rrc

Forum veteran
I loved those Journal Entries. They were well written and give a nice inside into Novigrad and all the new introduced characters.

I was quite surprised by that
I didn't expect them to get rid of one of the new characters that quickly. While a lot of game characters have died during the overall story, it feels irritating (in a good way) seeing a newly introduced character biting the dust instantly.

I'd really like to see more background stories like the journal in the future.
I agree. It was kind of shocking and sad.
Doadrick will be in every single of my NG deck and every time I play him, I will remember the untimely horrible death he got. All his charming look and smile and handshakes were in vain :cry:

Agreed, I for one thank you for collecting them all. I think the story elements of the game are very good and I would hope it could continue or even conclude somewhere in another Witcher Tales. As is, if you are going to make an Easter Egg hunt, you should at least let people know what day Easter is this year.

You have people gathering info on Gwent a number of different ways, (in forums, streamers on Twitch, some just read Reddit or the main page or one of the fan sites) so when you put out something this professional, you should promote it using all of them.

I for one thank you for collecting them all.
You're welcome. I'm glad you liked them!
As is, if you are going to make an Easter Egg hunt, you should at least let people know what day Easter is this year.
Heh heh. Ay, rather. Lucky I brought a basket, eh?
You have people gathering info on Gwent a number of different ways, (in forums, streamers on Twitch, some just read Reddit or the main page or one of the fan sites) so when you put out something this professional, you should promote it using all of them.
Very true. Thanks for bringing up this fact.

Past tense, so it's over now? I was hoping to find out what, if anything, Walter found out about his family. Oh well, ten long entries can't have been an easy task to write. Felt like a proper story, and having all the entries on a single page made reading really convenient.

I don't think I need to explicitly state what I voted in the poll. :p

PS. Victor's seal, seen in the first journal entry, has his initials (VV) on it, written in the special font that CDPR love using in their games. In case anyone's wondering about those two characters.

I think you should add a "I do not care either way" or "that sort of thing does not interest me".

I'm not interested in that sort of material but I feel that if I click "No" I would be saying I did not like the text, which is not true.

Top Bottom