The sheer scale of Night City

+
Pondsmith's vision of Cyberpunk is global. It extends beyond just Night City.

Nice, so that solves what to do in sequels.

Btw, speaking of invisible walls I think they work just fine IF the area is big enough, small area with invisible walls can really break immersion but if its large enough its ok.

Yall gotta know I'm gonna be swimming around in all that nasty city river water, mapping out erry square foot of the bottom, looking for weirdo lost things, and hidden sewer drain tunnels and stuff.

It'll probably be one of the first things my character does.
Main quest? Nah. Imma go swimming for 20 hours straight. :p

The sheer scale, even if limited in the end, is surely full of details and encourages the explorer to take a look at every corner. And not just once, perhaps at different times of the day under different weather conditions. Lighting and ambience can vastly change (your experience).

Yall gotta know I'm gonna be swimming around in all that nasty city river water, mapping out erry square foot of the bottom, looking for weirdo lost things, and hidden sewer drain tunnels and stuff.

It'll probably be one of the first things my character does.
Main quest? Nah. Imma go swimming for 20 hours straight. :p

LOL Marquis just make sure V has TT Platinum i`ll bet that waters not very clean :LOL: On a serious note have CDPR said anything about swimming ?

LOL Marquis just make sure V has TT Platinum i`ll bet that waters not very clean :LOL: On a serious note have CDPR said anything about swimming ?

I have yet to see any news anywhere that mentions swimming.
There is, however, water, and where there's water in an RPG, there's usually swimming.
That, of course, invites debate about the fidelity of water-proofness in cyberware, and questions as to how various cyberware might effect a character's ability to float and swim ... or sink directly to the bottom immediately.
I can see some plausible reasoning for the dangers of complete submersion vs. taking a shower depending on one's level of cyber enhancement, but, the mechanics of translating those variables into an already complex game might prove troublesome and may likely get streamlined into a yes/no swim/sink answer like how your character in Fallout could swim wearing any and every armor, except power armor where which they would then sink and have to walk along the bottom.
Dunno. It'll be interesting to see how or if swimming gets implemented in a creative way, or is just given to the player. :)

Whatever the case, I'm going to test it.
That's my typical approach to any open-world RPG; ignore main quest, and explore all the things, get lost, and eventually after lots of exploration, circle around back to doing a quest in the main story, then loads of sides, and prolong doing anything main quest related while continuing to explore and do "stupid" things. :)

I would be very surprised if CDPR outright removed game world content at this point. Renfine it, sure. But I think it's unlikely that they'll waste work if that can be avoided.

Im having seconds thoughts, what if Ubisoft decides to make own Cyberpunk game? They can pump out Outskirt/Open World so fast, it would be wiser to keep building Night City, bigger and bigger every sequel. That'd put them apart from their competitors. Ubisoft isnt only company with good open world engine, Warner Bros has good engine too, games like Mad Max and Middle Earth. Night City is what makes Cyberpunk awesome.

Im having seconds thoughts, what if Ubisoft decides to make own Cyberpunk game? They can pump out Outskirt/Open World so fast, it would be wiser to keep building Night City, bigger and bigger every sequel. That'd put them apart from their competitors. Ubisoft isnt only company with good open world engine, Warner Bros has good engine too, games like Mad Max and Middle Earth. Night City is what makes Cyberpunk awesome.

Even if Ubisoft tried to make a Cyberpunk style game, it would be so comparatively generic stylistically and mechanically as to not be a direct competitor for 2077. It would be like nearly all Ubisoft Open world games. A re-skin of the same basic elements over and over.

Even if Ubisoft tried to make a Cyberpunk style game, it would be so comparatively generic stylistically and mechanically as to not be a direct competitor for 2077. It would be like nearly all Ubisoft Open world games. A re-skin of the same basic elements over and over.

Ok, but it would be fun to see how Night City looked after 10 year or so, if they expanded and improved it with every sequel. But if they wanna do World of Cyberpunk thats fine.

Ok, but it would be fun to see how Night City looked after 10 year or so, if they expanded and improved it with every sequel. But if they wanna do World of Cyberpunk thats fine.

That's part of what makes this world so interesting. There is still plenty of room for it to grow no matter which way they go.

That's part of what makes this world so interesting. There is still plenty of room for it to grow no matter which way they go.

What they can do what other open world games hasnt done already? Or will they follow the city after city approach? This time it will be Night City, next time Thunder City? then Doom City? Go Space is one option is that Cyberpunk?

I think my idea is out of the box, build Night City bigger and bigger as more sequels comes. Sure, its little bit risky move, because no-one knows how players feels about it. But if its succesfull it would help some small indie companies, indie companies doesnt have resources to build anything awesome but if they keep building their game like 3 to 5 sequel something nice could come out of it.

Last edited:
Well there were rumors about an Expansion set on the moon for CP2077 at one point prior to E3 last year, but they never got confirmed. I wouldn't be surprised if next cyberpunk game was in same area plus a bit, nor would I be surprised if it was a totally new area.

Woah woah there guys.
First of all we need the full release of Cyberpunk 2077. Then there will be an expansion 1 and later on an expasnion 2. Remember they said "expect nothing less than the witcher 3" and Blood & Whine was such a fucking good expansion to TW3 that it was nominated for GOTY in the RPG category.

So before we talk about a next game. Let's see what we get with the first one shall we? :)

Its not too early to talk about the direction of the series. I started to think about it, it happens in real life too, Cities grows, New York didnt had as many skyscrapers as they have now 30 year ago. So basically they could tell the story of Night City with the series. I think it would be fun to go back to Night CIty every 3-4 year or so to see what has changed etc. If CD Projekt Red isnt doing it, I hope someone does.

bravo man, solid work. I wish I could give you some red points. I did something similar for mortal online and it took quite a bit of work.

I would perhaps rather explore new cities and places in future series, not revisit the same one every X years.

For future games, that is.

This map analysis is really interesting. When I watched the gameplay reveal at youtube(Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Reveal — 48-minute walkthrough) again, I got an idea that could be helpful.

You maybe mixed up "orbital air space center" and "city center" and some other in return.

When we look at around 24:54 of the gameplay reveal, we look at what you considered as the "orbital air space center".

If that is the case, there must be atleast one railway connections between what you considered "orbital air space center" and "little china(Watson)", because you can clearly see one railway above the car and i think there is another one on the right corner( on the right side of the big bridge). If we now look at the metro map, we see that there is no metro connection between "little china(Watson)" and what you considered "orbital air space center".

The idea that this are the metro railways comes from around 13:13 of the gameplay reveal. There you see the elevator to a metro station and that type of railways above.

Although there is not that much space between "little china(Watson)" and what you considered "orbital air space center" at 24:54 of the gameplay reveal, but in the metro map it looks like a big distance. A further detail was that what you considered the "orbital air space center" at around 31:36 of the gameplay reveal seems alot bigger than the "city center" and that seems somehow wrong to me.

So I've considered what changes, if we switch "orbital air space center" and "city center". And the changes actually fit quite well.

Then our previous "city center" would then be "Kabuki(Watson)".

At around 25:59 of the gameplay reveal we would then see at the right side the end of the chanel between then "Kabuki(Watson)" and "little china(Watson)".

Although then the northern industrial district(nid) could then be at the north of "Kabuki(Watson)" and "little china(Watson)".
That would actually make much sence because then we would meet the Militech agent actually in nid as mentioned before.
Although te area around there and allfoods seem much more like nid then something one would call Kabuki.

The only strange point could be the metro scene in the 2018 e3 trailer(Cyberpunk 2077 - Official World Premiere Trailer | E3 2018).
But if we look at 0:20 of the trailer, then we see that the metro seem to run to "Kabuki(Watson)" or previously "city center".

Does that make any sense to you???

Do we know anything about the districts? As far as I can recall there are supposedly 6 major districts with subdistricts in them.

Do we know anything about the districts? As far as I can recall there are supposedly 6 major districts with subdistricts in them.
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...-about-cyberpunk-2077.11008534/#post-11588785
Night City is separated into six districts, which are:
  • City Center: Night City's biggest pride, this is the heart of corporations, the cluster of neon, and the quintessence of luxury.
  • Watson: A unique mix of Asian cultures, it is a fallen corporate giant now populated by immigrants, hiding various bazaars and markets in a tangle of narrow alleyways.
  • Westbrook: Featuring tourist-oriented Japantown, it is a place for the wealthy who like to work hard and play hard.
  • Heywood: Living in one of the neighborhoods of the predominantly Latino area means you successfully managed to climb the social ladder -- it's a massive suburban housing district, with an underlying gang problem.
  • Pacifica: On the other end of the spectrum, this is the most dangerous part of town, abandoned and overrun by gang activity. Separated from the rest of the city, it's a place of immense poverty.
  • Santo Domingo: All of Night City is powered from here, with its countless power plants and industrial factories, stuck in an endless cycle of modernization.

Also there is the Badlands around the outskirts of night city.

Top Bottom