Townsfolk Deck Solution

+
I think that the Townsfolk Djikstra deck is broken with getting over 100 points in one turn. My solution for this is changing Townsfolk to 5 provision and text change to "At the end of your turn, if you gained Coin this turn boost self by 1."

What do you guys think about this change?

sadly this does not change anything about dj being broken.. imo the amount of charges have to be capped, or charges removed all together and the ability reworked..
also this would make townfolk just a really bad and slow engine, killing the card completely.

DJ Townsfolk is broken, DJ is OP and the whole coin mechanic is broken. The coin mechanic needs to be overhauled, then a lot of the other problems will be fixed or easier to fix as well.

Townsfolk isn't really the issue here. DJ having 17 coins to generate/spend is.

There's 2 fixes for this.

Cap DJ to 5 charges

Or

Limit DJ to once oer turn.

If it's still overpowered then mess with DJ provision allowance.

If Igor turns out to be a problem after this then increase Igor insanity cost to 6.

Don't touch Townsfolk,it's a normal and healthy card.

I also thought about townsfolk being limited to once per turn. I honestly dont see how that would ruin the card. it's a cheap bronze and would still be in line with other slow engines. I wouldnt mind it being a 2 strength boost either, that way they would have to be played early and could be dealt with. and it's not like DJ would have any problem triggering that every single turn whatsoever. not to mention the other coin generating units.

I also thought about townsfolk being limited to once per turn. I honestly dont see how that would ruin the card. it's a cheap bronze and would still be in line with other slow engines. I wouldnt mind it being a 2 strength boost either, that way they would have to be played early and could be dealt with. and it's not like DJ would have any problem triggering that every single turn whatsoever. not to mention the other coin generating units.

The problem with doing that to Townsfolk means the card becomes a near non-issue. You could ignore them with impunity because the return is too low for the investment.

DJ broke Townsfolk and Igor and as the 1 card vs the 2, DJ should be nerfed.

Igor is a bit iffy but it's on par with Foltest's pride or Draug so I don't see it as anything beyond a damn good card.

That being said Igor+Scribe+Townsfolk is the craziest ggnore combo in Gwent and if it goes off, there is no combination of cards, no strategy that will save you.

Making Townsfolk melee locked would be a solution to this if CDPR deems that combo a problem.

As I said in the other thread, I concur with your point about DJ. He should be capped at 5.
Townsfolk is not a broken card. In fact it has a very good design fitting to SY. It's DJ who breaks this mechanic.

Compare DJ with Eithne.
  1. Both have charges throughout the whole game that they can use in one turn should they need.
  2. DJ has 5 charges, Eithne has 4 charges.
  3. DJ can gain more charges. Eithne cannot.
  4. With his ability, DJ can feed other cards with points. Eithne does not have such cards in her deck.
Conclusion:
DJ is strictly a better leader. A much much better one.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Compare DJ with Eithne.
[...]
Conclusion: DJ is strictly a better leader. A much much better one.

You cannot compare leaders between factions in a vacuum. Besides, Eithne has more provisions and more tools to align a Scorch, which happens to be the weak spot for the DJ Townsfolk deck. So, no, DJ is NOT strictly a better leader.

On the other hand, you can make a case for DJ being overall better than Gudrum (them being in the same faction).

You cannot compare leaders between factions in a vacuum. Besides, Eithne has more provisions and more tools to align a Scorch, which happens to be the weak spot for the DJ Townsfolk deck. So, no, DJ is NOT strictly a better leader.

On the other hand, you can make a case for DJ being overall better than Gudrum (them being in the same faction).

Of course Eithne is a much weaker leader. Presenting one neutral strong play against DJ decks (Scorch) because she can damage-ping a bit does not really make her look better. Eithne has to draw the right cards and then use her 4 damage pings and deck to possibly align some opponent units for Scorch (or Geralt: Igni and Schirru), while DJ's has many more coins that can be used in more variable ways, however needed (playing around Scorch as well). It can even be argued that DJ could do the same better than Eithne as SY pings like crazy and can set up a Scorch or Geralt: Igni as well, but SY meta right now is just focused on easy quick removal, pinging everything from the board with bounties and spamming the board with boosting and coin-generating units.

Of course Eithne is a much weaker leader. Presenting one neutral strong play against DJ decks (Scorch) because she can damage-ping a bit does not really make her look better.

I said that the comparison was flawed because you cannot compare leaders between factions in a vacuum. Yet, you are doing the same thing. Besides, a Scorch and/or Schirru deck works against more than just DJ. Now, when you put both decks in the current meta and investigate the results, then you might come to the conclusion that DJ is overall better. However, that would still not make him strictly better and such research has not been done, which leads back to my original point: the comparison is flawed. Okay, let's drop this and get back on topic.

Townsfolk are fine, DJ is not because he is better than Gudrum. So, DJ needs to be nerfed by giving him a cap of 5.

I said that the comparison was flawed because you cannot compare leaders between factions in a vacuum.
It's not "in a vacuum".
It's a comparison of how DJ performs in HIS faction and how Eithne performs in HER faction. This was particularly specified in points 3) and 4).

So it's not a vacuum at all!

I said that the comparison was flawed because you cannot compare leaders between factions in a vacuum. Yet, you are doing the same thing. Besides, a Scorch and/or Schirru deck works against more than just DJ. Now, when you put both decks in the current meta and investigate the results, then you might come to the conclusion that DJ is overall better. However, that would still not make him strictly better and such research has not been done, which leads back to my original point: the comparison is flawed. Okay, let's drop this and get back on topic.

Townsfolk are fine, DJ is not because he is better than Gudrum. So, DJ needs to be nerfed by giving him a cap of 5.
It's not a vacuum comparison, because it's clearly mentioned that DJ can use his many charges/coins to feed other cards, which is exactly what makes his combo with Townsfolk OP. On top of that, DJ could run Scorch as well and align opponent units with the many pings an SY deck can make. I don't need research to see the most obvious. He's an OP leader through the crazy amount of charges he can get. But this is a smaller issue. The whole coin mechanic should change so that coins are no longer hoarded safely like an immune artifact, solving this problem as well.

Have you, brothers, grown tired of having no way to interact with enemy coins? Eveline Gallo is your answer! A neutral card accessible for all factions.

EvelineGAllo.png

Provisions: 11.
Art: Przemek Gul

P.S.
Before someone says this is not the thread for it, I remind you the title is "Townsfolk Deck Solution". So... yeah.

Have you, brothers, grown tired of having no way to interact with enemy coins? Eveline Gallo is your answer! A neutral card accessible for all factions.

View attachment 11011516
Provisions: 11.
Art: Przemek Gul

P.S.
Before someone says this is not the thread for it, I remind you the title is "Townsfolk Deck Solution". So... yeah.

I dont think the solution for this can be a single neutral card that is trash against all other factions. not to mention the huge rng factor for drawing one specific card.

Absolutely no tech cards in this game please. The ONLY ccg where tech cards are OK is Mtg, because of the best of 3 rule. You start putting tech cards in a game where you only play single matches and you end up with Hearthstone, a game where half of your matches might as well have been decided by flipping a coin to see who wins

What does "tech card" mean? Excuse my ignorance. Gwent is the only CCG I played.
Cards whose main purpose is to counter specific enemy cards or decks, but dont provide much value if not playing against that specific deck.
Geralt Yrden against boost decks, Gimpy against swarm decks, Artifact removal, weather clear and so on.

What does "tech card" mean? Excuse my ignorance. Gwent is the only CCG I played.

Tech card just means a card specifically designed to counter a certain playstyle. Like mahakam ale is a tech card against locks.

Your card is a pretty extreme case of tech card. It's only effective against 1 faction, and can completely destroy them. Its worth 20+ points if you steal 9 coins.

Top Bottom