Season of the Draconid - animations too long for the 8 second limit

+
It is basically impossible to use both a leader ability and play a card in the same turn. Or play a card and use an order ability. Could you please consider the length of creating a card from another as well and increase the time a little bit, so one doesn't lose the game because of animations? It's a frustrating experience.

You just need to craft a specific deck for this mode... Just like as for the previous seasons...
I think this one is particularly fun and the consequent misplay makes it even more!

Also choose in what order you do what. Things that have a long animation, do them last, as they'll keep going even after the timer.

I'm playing francesca and if you know what you want to do before it's your turn, you can pull leader plus card off but admittedly it's super hard and often ends in cards targeting other cards you didnt want to. And this is on PC, it is probably impossible to do both on console tbh (console controls are sooo clunky)

Also choose in what order you do what. Things that have a long animation, do them last, as they'll keep going even after the timer.
In that specific case I had to play the card after the leader ability for the synergy, but there was no time after Francesca did her thing and I lost because of it. :cry:

So no one has noticed how nerfed NR are? No one noticed some of cards have broken frozen animations? Okay.

Quite funny to get a seasonal mode like this after quite a lot of feedback that the animations and all the pinging interactions are making the game sluggish. I guess that was all preparation for this season.

Wow, this mode really highlights the crappy technical stuff with cards not reacting or reacting very slowly to clicks.

Edit, add: Seriously, emphasizing what I wrote above, the card clicking mechanics are so slow and unresponsive. Normally you forget about it (unless you play charges or coins or something), but now... just wow. Painful how you have to wait for all the animations to end before you can actually do something. For example, playing a unit from the deck with Naglfar is almost impossible because you first have to wait and see the Naglfar card explode before you can actually select the place to put the unit. Why can't those two things happen simultaneously?

Last edited:
animations truly take forever which is the frustrating part of the mode. I lost a game because francesca took forever playing garrison from the graveyard, time ran out and it boosted an opponent's unit lol. I honestly laughed about it but it's still stupid.

In my opinion this mod is the best ever, but the time they gave us per turn is way too short so you have less freedom in what you can play which is unfortunate. I would love to be able to play quick games all year long but not with so extremely short turns.

In my opinion this mod is the best ever, but the time they gave us per turn is way too short so you have less freedom in what you can play which is unfortunate. I would love to be able to play quick games all year long but not with so extremely short turns.
I agree. Normal matches take way too long. I would be happy with shorter turns, but reasonably short, taking the animation times into account. The shortest Hearthstone turn is 15 seconds, if one of the players plays the legendary Dragon Nozdormu, for as long as it stays on the board. With the length, or in most cases lack of animations, I call that reasonable. For Gwent it should maybe be 20 seconds.

Lately I play an Usurper Hiperthin deck and in 8 sec. its almost impossible to get a combo Menno -> marching orders -> Artorius Vigo -> Impera Brigade :shrug:

10 sec. would be enough tho

DRK3

Forum veteran
When i first read about this seasonal mode i thought it was lazy design compared to previous seasonal modes, but to be honest its my favourite yet.

Unfortunately, the animations make some leaders unviable, even if you're really fast. I was using Woodland and it worked well, but now im using Henrietta (working on that 100 wins) and several times i cant finish the play, it has even happened to lacerate myself (since when the time expires it chooses randomly, whether its the row placement or the target)

Just be a smart gamer and adapt. As brunola said, just play solid point slam without time wasting cards that must wait for animations. Best are these "end of turn" buffs....
I have a blast playing this season :)

And the best part: no syndicate op plays .....ha ha

DRK3

Forum veteran
Honestly, i dont know how im going to adapt to regular play anymore...

I havent played ranked yet because i was doing the seasonal trees and seasonal mode, but im done now and im dreading ranked, not (just) because of the same boring OP meta decks, but because of how slow most players are.

In seasonal, even if you're facing the same few decks, at least its non-stop and i never feel like im wasting my time. In casual, i had already started forfeiting matches when facing inexperienced players that were too slow (i know its not their fault), but im probably gonna do that even more now.

this seasonal mode gives the spotlight of what is one of the most complaints this new Gwent has, animations and gameplay, in general, is to slow
no matter how quick you click and don't dare you to play a tutor that pulls a create card because you are going to get punished hard this games needs to implement a queue for orders etc

Just be a smart gamer and adapt. As brunola said, just play solid point slam without time wasting cards that must wait for animations. Best are these "end of turn" buffs....
I have a blast playing this season :)

And the best part: no syndicate op plays .....ha ha

I agree with all your points. But also animations are possible. Today I had a match against Eithne, my leader was Eldain, both with leader abilities strongly dependent on animations. Nevertheless we both had time enough to taunt each other. I had so much fun! And I guess my opponent also. :)

So...Is it that hard to implement either simultaneous animations or order queues at this stage of the game?
Are those things impossible to do?
I believe it will greatly improve the overall feel and gameplay.

Top Bottom