CDPR, please revert OST changes done in 3.1 in the next patch

+
How the music plays out in Gwent has been changed between 3.0 and 3.1.

As we all know, every faction has 2 soundtracks - Calm one and a more energetic one.

Before 3.1 patch - draconid season - It worked like this; In all of round 1, calm soundtrack plays, while in Round 2 and Round 3, the banger OST begins.

After patch 3.1, music in the background is always calm, unless player reaches a certain amount of cards in their hand - I think it's round dependent - then it switches to the second music piece.

I think 3.1 way of playing OST in the background is back, because sudden change of music can throw you off the rhythm - if you care for music, that is - and it feels artificial. And it feels wasteful to be able to listen to the better (imo, of course) music piece for only a minute or two, because the game may end afterwards.

I understand this may be a minor or petty complaint, but I do believe music is what made Gwent all the better and has never been bad, except for the change done.

Tbh ideal would be to have 3 music pieces for each faction: one for Round 1, one for Round 2, one for Round 3.

The game has music? :think: Oh, wait a minute...

music.png

Got bored hearing the same thing over and over again, so I just have my own playlist.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I hope they enable you to play [...]

Throughout Gwent's history, there have been so many different requests for different soundtracks that it's impossible for CDPR to implement everything or even offering a fine-tuned choice. Yet people (talking in general) are making too big a deal out of it, I think. Hence, the easiest is just to assemble your own playlist. Anyhow, there have been similar suggestions, in the past.

On a side note, that actually makes me wonder why so many players appear to be "married" to the soundtrack. Well, if I would be interested, I could run a poll asking players how many are actually listening to the music. But I am not that curious.

Throughout Gwent's history, there have been so many different requests for different soundtracks that it's impossible for CDPR to implement everything or even offering a fine-tuned choice. Yet people (talking in general) are making too big a deal out of it, I think. Hence, the easiest is just to assemble your own playlist. Anyhow, there have been similar suggestions, in the past.

On a side note, that actually makes me wonder why so many players appear to be "married" to the soundtrack. Well, if I would be interested, I could run a poll asking players how many are actually listening to the music. But I am not that curious.
All I'm asking for is the music flow to be reverted. I can see why people would want more variety in musics, but I believe Gwent has the best OST it's ever had until now. Maybe except for old SK music. gib back pls

I hope they enable you to play the old music. And most importantly the original Gwent track from witcher 3.

The thronebreaker Mahakam ale track is also great.

This! I also loved the old "Witcher 3 Music" option in the closed and open Beta of Gwent and sincerely hope they will give us the option back. It was more... tavern-like and, to me, it just felt right for this type of game. I felt much more relaxed when playing Gwent :)

I know I can just mute the in-game OST and play my own stuff, but still - a native option would be much more convenient.

All I'm asking for is the music flow to be reverted. I can see why people would want more variety in musics, but I believe Gwent has the best OST it's ever had until now. Maybe except for old SK music. gib back pls

I agree. I like the music, but mostly I'm hearing the second music piece, I'm tired of listening that. Turning the music off and playing another music for myself is not the same, although the next best solution.

Top Bottom