The one change which when done, I will play Arena..

+

rrc

Forum veteran
I haven't played Arena in a VERY LONG time. To be precise, I haven't played Arena after HC hit. I tried a couple of times but then thought it is not worth the cost I pay to get the mirror shard. There has been countless posts about Arena improvements, but now, the Devs (@Burza46 and @SlamaTwoFlags) have called out explicitly ( ) asking our feedback and hinting that there is going to be a major overhaul to Arena. So, what is the one thing if it is done to Arena, you will play Arena (or if you already play Arena, you will play more)? Lets stick to only one change you want to see and if you are lucky it may make the cut when Arena is overhauled.

My request is: I want to be able to choose the type of keg I get as a reward in the end of Arena. I want to be able to choose between Base Set keg or Crimson Curse keg or Novigrad Keg (all kegs which cost the same) and the possibility to get the Legendary Gold from the entire collection when we win Arena (not restricting to Base Set cards).

If this change comes into picture, I will consider playing Arena, until then, it is useless for me as I have full premium collection on base set.

Copy-pasta of an earlier post of mine:

The problem with arena is that too many leaders are completely useless. CDPR really needs to give us the option to view all 3 leader choices before selecting any cards because that allows us to find at least some possible synergy. Furthermore, we should be able to select 30 cards and then make a 25 cards deck by removing 5 (useless) cards of our choice. This also allows us to take some more risky (more synergistic) cards without the risk of having them brick. Finally, the provision variance is too high and needs to be toned down. All cards should be rolled on a total scale of 160 to 180 (give or take).

TL;DR:
1. Have the leader choices available from the start.
2. Allow to pick 30 cards and discard 5 cards of choice.
3. Less RNG in the provision costs.

I think, keg type must be random, as Arena is a random mode. And, may be, make more then one keg as a prize for higher wins? But the leader must be chosen first, cause otherwise we must deny most of cards, because we don't know if we get an appropriate leader at the end.

My main complaint is that when I play rounds of arena, they do not count as rounds played for daily rewards. Since most of the playing of the game I do is geared towards reward points, it is hard for me to justify the time arena takes. Also, arena should award RP as well.

My main complaint is that when I play rounds of arena, they do not count as rounds played for daily rewards. Since most of the playing of the game I do is geared towards reward points, it is hard for me to justify the time arena takes. Also, arena should award RP as well.

Agree. 2 hours of game time, which you can prioritize on either arena or getting 18 wins. Well, the math here is simple, 4 reward points vs random rewards you probably dont even need.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I usually dont play Arena, only when there's a special mode that makes some Arena contract possible. And im drowning in Ore, i can even afford to pay the shards, do the deck and if dont like it rip it and start again.

But i really support this change, not only to arena, but to the reward book and rewards and everything - im tired of getting base set kegs which are completely useless to me. Im sitting on +150 of them (100 on an accidental purchase), waiting for some event where i could get more from them, or even better, convert them to other kegs.

Guest 4368268

In spite of its current flaws I do still enjoy the mode as is. In my experience in ranked since Homecoming arrived there's been very little variety each month so I personally get bored pretty quickly. This mode at least has me guessing and paying attention. In terms of a change I'd like to see I'd have to say the provision system makes the current deck-building process of Arena more than a little awkward. Show me a 4p and a 7p bronze and I don't really see why I'd ever pick the lower one.

Top Bottom