Naming v

+

Are you using your own name or a different one?

• Im using my name because v is our avatar

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Using a different name

Votes: 29 65.9%

• Total voters
Imagine picking name for bhgdsbuyhfdgs which I know, no one would do, but then someone sends a very scripted mail for the name bhgdsbuyhfdgs
This is a good point.
Also a potential source of great amusement, though. I know I've had plenty of funny moments with Skyrim letters addressed to Prisoner or something equally silly. :D

Wouldn't it be less immersive to pick a name, say Kevin and then be never refered to as Kevin by -anyone- except text-based things. I feel that breaks the immersion way more than the route they went with.
Imagine picking name for bhgdsbuyhfdgs which I know, no one would do, but then someone sends a very scripted mail for the name bhgdsbuyhfdgs
The game is already complete, they are simply polishing it at this point as far as I know.
Edit: If this was a text based RPG it would make more sense but I believe everything has been voice acted so.
This is actually quite common in most other RPGs with character creation, so I think it's safe to say people like it and find it immersive.

It's an individual choice to choose a stupid name. If your immersion is then ruined because you chose bakdfgahdfasg as your name, I don't think that means noone else should have the option.

I see this argument quite often when this topic is brought up, and it's tricky. It's not wrong because immersion is subjective, but generally speaking, I'm in favor of offering more player choice and freedom than less; and when it's a feature as commonplace as this, I don't think it's a ridiculous ask.

This is actually quite common in most other RPGs with character creation, so I think it's safe to say people like it and find it immersive.

It's an individual choice to choose a stupid name. If your immersion is then ruined because you chose bakdfgahdfasg as your name, I don't think that means noone else should have the option.

I see this argument quite often when this topic is brought up, and it's tricky. It's not wrong because immersion is subjective, but generally speaking, I'm in favor of offering more player choice and freedom than less; and when it's a feature as commonplace as this, I don't think it's a ridiculous ask.

Alright, I do agree with you as well.
What I intend to say is that I wouldn't mind having to set my character's name and such, even if it's once and it's never brought up again but I am more grateful for the attention to detail in regards how there's depth on other aspects of gameplay, which there no doubt in given the information regarding the game that is out there

I'm fairly undecided, perhaps so were they and they just decided to go with V. How does setting your character name will resonate in the game. It seems like if it's not a focus early on it's trickier to add it later.

At least we can stil imagine our character's name in our heads and just find reasons to keep it secret, I mean why not... the world is out to eat you, chew you out and spit you into the gutter. Since birth.

Alright, I do agree with you as well.
What I intend to say is that I wouldn't mind having to set my character's name and such, even if it's once and it's never brought up again but I am more grateful for the attention to detail in regards how there's depth on other aspects of gameplay, which there no doubt in given the information regarding the game that is out there

I'm fairly undecided, perhaps so were they and they just decided to go with V. How does setting your character name will resonate in the game. It seems like if it's not a focus early on it's trickier to add it later.

At least we can stil imagine our character's name in our heads and just find reasons to keep it secret, I mean why not... the world is out to eat you, chew you out and spit you into the gutter. Since birth.
I get you. And I agree entirely. This is ultimately a small thing. It's meaningful to me, but still small.

The feature has been removed; giving V a first and last name.

View attachment 11012384

32984fe280fcf7239d9b7f373f53423a.jpg

Post automatically merged:

I think that’s the reason they screwed it but i don’t see a reason to remove that feature.Lets hope they bring that back

Last edited:
It personally seemed to me like it was in some corporate database, perhaps they didn't have all the information since the portion where they showed the character creator which albeit was a work in progress tells me like it was some file that was viewed where we list the known facts about the protagonist V.

But what would be cool ways for the name to resonate within the game? Other than putting it in when you first get to create the character.

For my head cannon it will be Vanessa Voltage and Victor Vegas .

As for NPCs calling my character V i am happy , nothing is more stupid than companions / lovers you have had since the beginning of the game not calling you by name . IRL you don`t call your friend by a title . No offense meant but it seems to me in American culture you call each other by last names but in my culture it would be rude for a friend to call me by last name , it would be my real name or a nick name like V .

No loss for me, I'm sure they had their reasons. Get this, I'll just call the character, V

Not sure how this doesn't make it a character creater lmao

Also, hard toldja so

For my head cannon it will be Vanessa Voltage and Victor Vegas .

As for NPCs calling my character V i am happy , nothing is more stupid than companions / lovers you have had since the beginning of the game not calling you by name . IRL you don`t call your friend by a title . No offense meant but it seems to me in American culture you call each other by last names but in my culture it would be rude for a friend to call me by last name , it would be my real name or a nick name like V .
But v isn’t the name of your character

It personally seemed to me like it was in some corporate database, perhaps they didn't have all the information since the portion where they showed the character creator which albeit was a work in progress tells me like it was some file that was viewed where we list the known facts about the protagonist V.

But what would be cool ways for the name to resonate within the game? Other than putting it in when you first get to create the character.
Maybe you can enter the name later on that’s what i think and they changed the beginning a bit

So finally, we aren't going to give V an additional name and surname for what I've understood ?

That's a bit sad, but ok.

Best thing would be to wait for the new gamescom gameplay build.I think we can add a first name and last name in the final version

I'd like this to be a thing only if it serves an interest, like seeing this name on papers, emails... Like Deus Ex did back then with J.C. Denton. Like you said, nothing is settled yet, wait and see...

I'd like this to be a thing only if it serves an interest, like seeing this name on papers, emails... Like Deus Ex did back then with J.C. Denton. Like you said, nothing is settled yet, wait and see...
If we can’t name our character i would be disappointed but you can name him whatever you want without typing a name in because v is an avatar for the player anyway....but a character creator should have the option in my opinion

Top Bottom