What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen enough of the game to have any real fears beyond the possiblity that their will be no fingertip razors and mirrorshades cyberware. Cyberpunk without being able to at least create and play as Molly Millions would hurt.

At this point? Epic Store exclusivity...

Seriously, I used to have games spread across uPlay, Steam, Origin, GOG, BattleNet and a bunch of game-specific launchers. After centralizing my gaming library to a single platform, I'm not keen on returning to that life. Even though the corpo's battling for profit while making things annoying for everyone else has a distinct Cyberpunk dystobia-wibe to it.

My biggest fear is, that despite all the details being great, the game just won't "click" for me, because the individual parts don't come together. For example: Although being a big Witcher fan since Witcher 1, I was so hyped for W3, but the White Orchard parts only worked for me and pulled me through, because I liked the characters.
It only first "clicked" for me when I was doing the bloody baron quests, because I had gotten used to managing side stuff and main stuff. The "gamey" parts, like combat, leveling etc. still remained "completionist work".
So I hope, CP2077 will somehow start off more interesting, more open, like a pen & paper game, where I can get screwed by wrong decisions, but keep playing, because it's fun to follow through with my decisions.

My biggest fear is, that despite all the details being great, the game just won't "click" for me, because the individual parts don't come together. For example: Although being a big Witcher fan since Witcher 1, I was so hyped for W3, but the White Orchard parts only worked for me and pulled me through, because I liked the characters.
It only first "clicked" for me when I was doing the bloody baron quests, because I had gotten used to managing side stuff and main stuff. The "gamey" parts, like combat, leveling etc. still remained "completionist work".
So I hope, CP2077 will somehow start off more interesting, more open, like a pen & paper game, where I can get screwed by wrong decisions, but keep playing, because it's fun to follow through with my decisions.

Well, they did state that depending on what sort of background you pick for your character you will have a different starting location in the game. Almost a bit like that mod in Skyrim that lets you start a new game but at some random location instead of always having the same exact start.

I personally have no fears regarding this game, everything I have seen so far has been interesting and compelling to me. Perhaps my only fear is that the game won't run on my PC but given that I am going to buy a new PC ( My hardware is several years old ) I am sure that more modern PC's will run the game just fine.
I know from experience that Witcher 3 which was a game that wasn't supposed to run on my PC went with 30 fps on high/ultra settings ( Beside the part where the big city was, there it quite lagged ) But yeah, I hope it will be as well optimized as Witcher was!

Seriously, I used to have games spread across uPlay, Steam, Origin, GOG, BattleNet and a bunch of game-specific launchers. After centralizing my gaming library to a single platform, I'm not keen on returning to that life. Even though the corpo's battling for profit while making things annoying for everyone else has a distinct Cyberpunk dystobia-wibe to it.

Are you from space? :) You DO realize that Cyberpunk IS on Steam and GOG? :)

Are you from space? :) You DO realize that Cyberpunk IS on Steam and GOG? :)

Indeed, if there is storefront exclusivity it would be gog. Only a fool would pick a rival storefront to sell their own so anticipated creation over a storefront which is not just theirs but one of the more popular ones out there.

A minor note: GOG isn't CDPR's but CDP's.
But yeah, if there were to be exclusivity (which there won't) it almost certainly would be GOG.

Indeed, if there is storefront exclusivity it would be gog. Only a fool would pick a rival storefront to sell their own so anticipated creation over a storefront which is not just theirs but one of the more popular ones out there.

Thankfully they already confirmed that it won't be epic exclusive, and no one should be worried about that. It was shortly after Borderlands 3 was announced as epic exclusive that some fan went to ask if CP2077 was going to do something similar. But I am sure CDPR won't betray the gamers with a last-minute exclusivity announcement to make more profit, since they aren't really that greedy and the game is going to sell incredibly well, it had already surpassed Witcher 3 preorders with a very big amount having come from their own store-front so they get all the profit.

My fears are that you won't be able to play the game with an implant-free character, and that a third-person perspective mode is never added via an official patch or mods.

Ok. Schedules it is then. The illusion seems very important to people. More so than certain other things.
Actually, I quite like the suggestion we discussed some time ago that would add contextual interactions to every NPC. This was at least a year ago, probably more. They would be limited and not that special, but it increased world interactivity.

I don't remember exactly what you had in mind, but I believe one was an idle comment (a la RDR2) or a "chat" option, a rob option, and 2 other things I don't remember.

Actually, I quite like the suggestion we discussed some time ago that would add contextual interactions to every NPC. This was at least a year ago, probably more. They would be limited and not that special, but it increased world interactivity.

I don't remember exactly what you had in mind, but I believe one was an idle comment (a la RDR2) or a "chat" option, a rob option, and 2 other things I don't remember.

They could really be anything that fits the bill. Robbing, chatting, picking a fight and seducing are just examples that come to mind first.

I made a couple of mockups about it (could only find one, though - from the link in my sig).

Simple little interactions based on skillcheck that might not succeed for every NPC.

Last edited:
I think its a little early to be doomsaying. A great game can be awesome. A disappointing game is not the end of the world. The Witcher was an award winning series, so if history teaches anything....

But yeah the speculation and hype train is what will kill this game if anything, so chalk that up as mine.

Last edited:
My fears are that you won't be able to play the game with an implant-free character, and that a third-person perspective mode is never added via an official patch or mods.
I've got bad news for you there. They've already stated the eye and grip implants will be mandatory for all playthroughs. It's part of the prologue.

As far as third person view, definitely expect it some time down the road with mods. I wouldn't expect it from cdpr

I've got bad news for you there. They've already stated the eye and grip implants will be mandatory for all playthroughs. It's part of the prologue.

True, they already said that. But they made it sound like these implants in the cyberpunk-lore are the equivalent of wearing glasses in our world, so you can stil remain relatively "human" and from there on never get new implants. Which is fine by me, even if I wished for a "pure" playthrough, too. (Like declining the powers in Dishonored 2.)

I also think, not using implants wouldn't fit into the cyberpunk lore. Quote from CP2020: "Always take it to the edge, that's the cyberpunk way" – Johnny Silverhand

So instead of "I never asked for this", in CP it's more like "Hell yeah, more implants!"

main fear is that the game won't feel smooth (mouse movement) cause they spend too much time on creating an immersive experience.
too bad that there's no alternative 3rd person mode just to see your character every now and then.

True, they already said that. But they made it sound like these implants in the cyberpunk-lore are the equivalent of wearing glasses in our world, so you can stil remain relatively "human" and from there on never get new implants. Which is fine by me, even if I wished for a "pure" playthrough, too. (Like declining the powers in Dishonored 2.)

I also think, not using implants wouldn't fit into the cyberpunk lore. Quote from CP2020: "Always take it to the edge, that's the cyberpunk way" – Johnny Silverhand

So instead of "I never asked for this", in CP it's more like "Hell yeah, more implants!"
Yeah they said beyond that, you aren't required to have any more. I know some people wanted to play 100% human but that's as close as you can get. I understand why, in regards to how the beginning of the game unfolds

Well eye implant if really force on player, and that is not really cool, sure hand jack is ok you need to connect with local terminals and so and that is totally fine, but any other cyberware should be up to player.

I know from experience that Witcher 3 which was a game that wasn't supposed to run on my PC went with 30 fps on high/ultra settings ( Beside the part where the big city was, there it quite lagged ) But yeah, I hope it will be as well optimized as Witcher was!

Actually, that's how it was for me, too, with Witcher 3. Lots of looking at the ground in Novigrad, but still happy, that the same PC I played Witcher 1 on still pulled it off XD
But I was saving for a new PC anyway and when I saw the release date announcement, I knew I'd be buying it in February 2020, so I can play a little Witcher 3 with high specs, and then I am...eehhhm...on vacation in April ;)

Actually, that's how it was for me, too, with Witcher 3. Lots of looking at the ground in Novigrad, but still happy, that the same PC I played Witcher 1 on still pulled it off XD
But I was saving for a new PC anyway and when I saw the release date announcement, I knew I'd be buying it in February 2020, so I can play a little Witcher 3 with high specs, and then I am...eehhhm...on vacation in April ;)

I wonder what it will do globally, since I too took vacation at 16 april 2020, it's going to be massive since a lot of people I've heard have taken vacation at that time and depends on how it is in different countries but here we get 28 days of vacation with 2 weeks being mandatory to be given should it be requested.

I bet there will be a lot of work places that are going to struggle with workers at the release of CP2077 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom