V’s age

+
Okay so from my understanding, V’s current age in the game is 22-23 years old. However, I was wondering if we would be able adjust the age of our V during character creation. For example, making V more older in his 40s or 50s.

We don’t know much of the story so far, so I don’t know if it will go against the roleplaying/story aspect of the game.

I think we shouldn't be able to change V's age. The whole setup works because V is (stereotype incoming) young and naive, learning the ropes in Night City.
I'll always remember playing the original Deus Ex, being 16 or 17, and thinking: Man, why is everyone so condescending to JC Denton, he's such a cool agent!
But playing it again later, being around 30, I thought: Goddamn, JC is only 23 and so arrogant with his attitude. No wonder the more experienced agents give him some talks.

So, TL; DR: I think, the story setup and some dialogues just wouldn't work, if V was 40 instead of 20. (For example when Johnny Silverhand explains something from his past, like an 40-year old V wouldn't know it by her/himself...)

Okay so from my understanding, V’s current age in the game is 22-23 years old. However, I was wondering if we would be able adjust the age of our V during character creation. For example, making V more older in his 40s or 50s.

We don’t know much of the story so far, so I don’t know if it will go against the roleplaying/story aspect of the game.
Well, as V is a begginer in her/his trade, the 40/50 ys old character would be kind of stupid :)
"I used to be high school teacher, but it hardly paid the bills, so I decided try killing people for money instead" :) Well, story of my life, maybe except killing people part :)
And I believe it is official then they are going born in 2054.

The relative incongruity of V's age depends on the backstory, in the game or for personal RP. My V will be a 52 year old accountant named Greg. He moved to Night City at the same time as he bought a motorcycle and leather trousers; a rookie status makes sense for Greg as he has never held a gun before.

The relative incongruity of V's age depends on the backstory, in the game or for personal RP. My V will be a 52 year old accountant named Greg. He moved to Night City at the same time as he bought a motorcycle and leather trousers; a rookie status makes sense for Greg as he has never held a gun before.
Well, it doesn't seem we start as someone who never held a gun before. And in Cyberpunk, it makes that guy the most unique person in the Solar System :)

Personally, I'm not too fussed about the age nor the fact that you can't really 'name' your character. But I hope there's a fairly robust selection of things you can customize your characters looks. They have already stressed how important it is for people to be able to personalize their character to their liking with a wide arrange of cyberware, and other cosmetics. I hope there's also some cool cyber-ninja stuff there something akin to the avatar I'm using.

An older V doesn't make any sense of story or lore-wise. casue even if was olde rand had a midlife crises deciding to leave everything behind and start fresh he would have to have some skills at something from before rather than starting fresh. rather than an arrogant punk trying to figure things out and self-assured he going to beat the system and come out on top

They spent 3 games with an old dude.

As an "Old Dude" im offended ...j/k

Am I the only one thinking both V don't look their age? They look late 20s/early 30s to me

I didn't get that impression, but *if* they look older than their age it can be attributed to hard living. Street Kid V grew up poor in Night City, Nomad V is something like a War Boy (or girl) from Mad Max (lol), and I doubt even Corpo V will be given a background where they grew up affluent. Likely Corpo V was just a regular Joe or Jane that temporarily rose above the class they were born into by getting a corporate gig.

I didn't get that impression, but *if* they look older than their age it can be attributed to hard living. Street Kid V grew up poor in Night City, Nomad V is something like a War Boy (or girl) from Mad Max (lol), and I doubt even Corpo V will be given a background where they grew up affluent. Likely Corpo V was just a regular Joe or Jane that temporarily rose above the class they were born into by getting a corporate gig.

There is definitely this. Take a look at what some of the soldiers looked like in WWII or Vietnam. 20-25 could easily be mistaken for 30+ years old.

Well, as V is a begginer in her/his trade, the 40/50 ys old character would be kind of stupid :)
"I used to be high school teacher, but it hardly paid the bills, so I decided try killing people for money instead" :) Well, story of my life, maybe except killing people part :)
And I believe it is official then they are going born in 2054.
You've never watched "Breaking Bad", have you? ;)

I'm fine with the age. It makes sense in the context of the story, or at least what we know of the story.

On the other hand, please, please don't pull something like Fallout 3, where the young protagonist runs around, "has anyone seen my dad?"; "I really want to find my dad."; "Waaaaaa! Daddy, where are you?!". Ugh. One of my least favorite experiences in a game that I actually finished (clicking quickly through all conversations along the way).

In case no one has mentioned it, here's a screenshot from the cosplay guide. This seems like confirmation that V has a set age of 23, though I suppose this could just refer to the default V, as reference for the cosplay contest.
1566299413422.png

Top Bottom