V’s age

+

Guest 4310777

Do we know for sure that V won't age during the game? The expansions could also fast forward to an older V, unless CDPR have a restricted timeline they are licensed to work within.

Do we know for sure that V won't age during the game? The expansions could also fast forward to an older V, unless CDPR have a restricted timeline they are licensed to work within.

Well, the game is set in the year 2077, so I'm pretty sure that V will not age during the game. I don't know about expansions, maybe it could be set after the year 2077, but then it would take away the charm of the 2077 trademark.

Technically V may age if you have days pass and count the date, much like in say The Elder Scrolls or Fallout.

Realistically only up to 2-3 years, if at all. I reckon it will start on a day X and with gradual progression you might see less than a year pass or maybe one.

I am not sure how the Witcher handled it but I doubt we see a (notable) time skip in the main game. Not counting DLC.

Time will tell, I suppose.

Well, as V is a begginer in her/his trade, the 40/50 ys old character would be kind of stupid :)
"I used to be high school teacher, but it hardly paid the bills, so I decided try killing people for money instead" :) Well, story of my life, maybe except killing people part :)
And I believe it is official then they are going born in 2054.
I mean, I've kind of had my fill of 20 something hero stories, I would absolutely play the shit out of Cyberpunk Breaking Bad.

I mean, I've kind of had my fill of 20 something hero stories, I would absolutely play the shit out of Cyberpunk Breaking Bad.
the thing is the 20 something is pretty much where it has to be unless its a sequel following a established hero. older than that your going to have skills that may or maynot be the players ideal choice and could put off some. the 20ish age is more believable to be starting fresh on own and learning skills and tools of chosen trade

the thing is the 20 something is pretty much where it has to be unless its a sequel following a established hero. older than that your going to have skills that may or maynot be the players ideal choice and could put off some. the 20ish age is more believable to be starting fresh on own and learning skills and tools of chosen trade

I agree. Now I get what others say wishing or preferring older characters. At least I myself saw this "phenomena" when I grew up. I didn't cross the 30 threshold so far, but basically when I was younger in the later teens and then turning 20 and onwards, I'd notice upping character ages in various settings, from RP characters in MMORPGs to less heavy RP focused games or servers such as Space Station 13 ones. Long story short perhaps you tend to play or prefer characters roughly your age or older after a while, but in this scenario I'd say it's okay or more fitting opposed to the character V being older and thus you'd expect they'd be more 'established' or skilled in some areas.

But now you can naturally explore those over the course of the game and see a certain progression.

If you rly want to play an older V....

Just start the game and only sleep your way to 60+ so you get your senior discount on the bus.

An older V doesn't make any sense of story or lore-wise. casue even if was olde rand had a midlife crises deciding to leave everything behind and start fresh he would have to have some skills at something from before rather than starting fresh. rather than an arrogant punk trying to figure things out and self-assured he going to beat the system and come out on top

As an "Old Dude" im offended ...j/k
As am I.

Sure, and you aren't going to get much argument from the corporate board rooms that keep churning out the same stories with different faces, but lets not pretend that's the only story that makes sense. Maybe V has always just worked in their family's bodega, which is in a building that was just bought and demolished by a major corp. V has put in their whole life into that store, but that won't translate to skills/stats you put on a character sheet, and now pushed to desperation they have to consider the seedy offer from the thugs that frequented the store. V could believably be any age with this plot I, a hopeless stem lord, literally just pulled out of my a... thin air, imagine what an actual writer could come up with if we stop pretending a lazy default is the only option.

The age is predetermined - according to promotional materials. Personally, I have absolutely no problem with it.

I would even like it if in the future there was a sequel in which the protagonist would also be "V" but this time, for example, 10 years older. You could import save from the previous game and see how the character you built has grown old.

Top Bottom