E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it in survival games where you do not always have a map via HUD or so.

In other words you have to trigger it yourself by pulling out a physical map in game or even reality or do the meta stuff and look up an online map.

If things can be optional or toggled it would be best so you don't get the carrot stick on the donkey pointing you everywhere If you don't want to but also don't have to look up directions all the time either if you are not into that.

It's the future basically so middle grounds seem like a good idea. Allow the "carrot stick" (figurative) but make it optional for those who want to look up maps.

Even simpler: if you can toggle some guiding elements it would be nice.

Well, the screens are very nice but I don't think it's possible to have multiple NPCs in an area looking like that on the base consoles.
Unless you run it at 15 fps....:shrug:

Well, the screens are very nice but I don't think it's possible to have multiple NPCs in an area looking like that on the base consoles.
Unless you run it at 15 fps....:shrug:
Why not? Other games manage a ton of NPCs on screen without issue. I've yet to see any scene in CP push boundaries

RDR2 has no problems with that, but rockstar is rockstar...

RDR2 was ok on the base consoles for the most part but that game was 90% countryside and 10% city.
When you entered the only big city in the game, Saint Denis, the frame rate drop was visible due to many NPCs and horses moving around.

CP2077 is mostly city.

Holy heck that looks cool. Very glad to see it, though of course I hope for everyone else's sake it's optional.
Rare to see man being so happy about the presence of minimap in the game, but that's cool, I think nowadays people are being overly shamed over their preference toward features that are considered a "casual" by nature. Me myself I don't have any strong preferences toward minimaps and that sort off stuff, but I don't mind them either, however giving an option of turning it off and designing the quests in a way to incorporate this kind of UI devoid gameplay would be, of course, ideal.

Rare to see man being so happy about the presence of minimap in the game, but that's cool, I think nowadays people are being overly shamed over their preference toward features that are considered a "casual" by nature. Me myself I don't have any strong preferences toward minimaps and that sort off stuff, but I don't mind them either, however giving an option of turning it off and designing the quests in a way to incorporate this kind of UI devoid gameplay would be, of course, ideal.
If you'd known how long I've wanted one and asked for confirmation/denial, you'd understand my excitement. :p

For me it's not really about ease of use, but actually the opposite. I like tons of information density, I don't like streamlined UIs. Or rather, don't prefer them. I like ammo counters, health bars with numbers and percentages, I like minimaps with speed and compass indicators, crouch/stand state indicators, scroll-able on-screen quest logs, hotbars for weapons and consumables... Etc. The more useful junk I can throw on my screen -- of course, without completely obstructing my view, and ideally with resize options -- the better.

Given that (apparently) 95% of gamers do not like that stuff and want a super minimal/nonexistent UI, I'm over the moon whenever I see an option to tailor things closer toward my preferences.

For me it's not really about ease of use, but actually the opposite. I like tons of information density, I don't like streamlined UIs. Or rather, don't prefer them. I like ammo counters, health bars with numbers and percentages, I like minimaps with speed and compass indicators, crouch/stand state indicators, scroll-able on-screen quest logs, hotbars for weapons and consumables... Etc. The more useful junk I can throw on my screen -- of course, without completely obstructing my view, and ideally with resize options -- the better.
That's definitely an interesting way of looking at that. Indeed, usually most people associate the UI information density with the game being designed to be more casual friendly, but you can also look at that in opposite way, the information density makes you pay attention to more things at once without the need to constantly pause the game just to check character current status.

The only complaint I have so far regarding what was recently shown of the UI is that the red and orange colored texts and labels might be hard to read/make out on some contexts. For instance:

ECZfbVIXYAYqUCJ.jpg

Imagine you’re watching this scene ten to fifteen feet away of a 40″ TV. Something like the wrench icon with the 5/4 indicator looks good contrast-wise, and the teal colored texts look even better, but the NPC’s name ("Placide"), the X button prompt, and the greyed-out (well, oranged-out) dialog option might be hard to read depending on what’s visually behind them (like the capital A in "Animals").

I know anyone can move the camera to make stuff easier to read but I would’ve preferred better contrast for texts overall.

Good catch. That reminds me, in the 2018 demo I saw the Vindicator (or Lexington) pistol having similar modes as well, judging by the letters near its ammo counter: F/A (fully automatic?) and S/A (semi-automatic?).

Yes, exactly.
All the weapons in the 2018 demo had two modes.
On the tech ones (the double barel shotgun and the corpo rifle) the 2nd mode is CHD (charged).

The Kang Tao has F/A and BST (burst fire)

When are we going to get some gameplay? There should be one or two in the whole world that didn't went to E3 or Gamescon.
-----

And a minimap? I don't remember the last time I played a new game that had one. I almost feel nostalgic

Gamescom demo is exactly the same as E3 except for melee combat that has been completely removed: CDPR has understood that they need to work a lot on that and prefer not to show that mess to public until ready.

Regarding NG+: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-new-game-plus-cd-projekt-looking-fo/1100-6469267/
"What I can tell you is we are looking into a suitable idea for implementing New Game Plus," producer Richard Borzymowski told GameSpot at Gamescom. If and how has yet to be seen and talked about."

"Let's go with the two most basic approaches to New Game Plus, or whatever," he said. "Complete example: either you finish the story and you're left in the open world, or you can start a new game with the character you've previously developed. With the first approach, in our case, the benefit of replaying or playing more is that there are many, many activities. I presume that most players will first finish the story rather than do everything there is because that's pretty time-consuming. The other approach basically funnels you into one of the playstyles, right? So we're looking for a way to ensure that you're able to keep your progression, but are you still able to take a different path in order to see one of those parts that was hidden behind one of those actual choices. And we will probably get to something, but it's too early to talk exactly how, because we want to make sure that it fits [Cyberpunk]. Everything we want to do, we want to fit."

Gamescom demo is exactly the same as E3 except for melee combat that has been completely removed: CDPR has understood that they need to work a lot on that and prefer not to show that mess to public until ready.

Source? I would be honestly surprised if they don't showcase the Nanowire since it was the main go to weapon in e3 demo. I don't remember any other melee weapon being center of attention.. Am i forgetting anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom