Current Faction ranking

+
How would you rank the factions given the current meta?
Here are my thoughts

1) NR - undisputed efficiency, plethora of engines (with immediate gain and uncapped max value), very flexible leaders, very high diversity of cards (can't think of something they lack)
2) SY - close second - broken coin mechanic, dj tops the other leaders by a huge margin, a few of the cards seem quite OP due to the coin mechanic and leader in question. Huge removal options and huge buff options
3) NG- the Ardal and Usurper removal fiasco. Now you can enjoy round 1-3 with end scores <10 points (yay)
4)-5) SC and SK - in my eyes they are equally bad at the moment. I really can't pinpoint the exact reason, it just seems overall they generate less points than the top 3 factions listed above. Some of the leaders have also lost their shine.
6) MO - the only good deck I can think of is tall Garnichora that goes for 2:0 when the stars align and they draw everything nice at round 1. Still very lame deck overall, not even slightly exciting. The no units woodland spirit sucks compared to the NG options.

Last edited:
Looks pretty accurate. I would say it's undisputed that SY and NR are at the top and MO are at the bottom.

The other three can probably be disputed.

Coin mechanic is bad for the game. Dj leader should have 11 provisions. I wait for other factions buff.

There are a lot of good monster decks out there and they score pretty well.
You just don't know about them.
AQ scores unfortunately fine with all that Artifact abuse going on and can beat SC often.
The most popular Francesca decks do not even run Ida.

Ursurper is definitely not that great.
Just because he scores decent against DJ and Foltest does not mean he is good overall.
He struggles against other leaders.
I often win against Ursurper with SC and I don't even play the supposedly strongest decks with Francesca as leader. At least 75% is my winrate so far.

Ardal is better than Shupesurper but surely not overpowered.

There are a lot of good monster decks out there and they score pretty well.
You just don't know about them.
AQ scores unfortunately fine with all that Artifact abuse going on and can beat SC often.
The most popular Francesca decks do not even run Ida.

Ursurper is definitely not that great.
Just because he scores decent against DJ and Foltest does not mean he is good overall.
He struggles against other leaders.
I often win against Ursurper with SC and I don't even play the supposedly strongest decks with Francesca as leader. At least 75% is my winrate so far.

Ardal is better than Shupesurper but surely not overpowered.

Doing well against Foltest and DJ is a huge deal in the current meta.

Doing well against Foltest and DJ is a huge deal in the current meta.

That is why Ursurper is quite popular at the moment but he doesn't have such a high winrate as Foltest players easily achieve. Even with bad play they often win.

But it wouldn't be more fun to lose against a huge 50 points Glustyworp all the time. AQ gets shut down by Ursurper, I guess. Otherwise you would encounter it much more often.

Coin mechanic is bad for the game. Dj leader should have 11 provisions. I wait for other factions buff.
Just because DJ is in the game, does not mean coins are bad for the game.

The only really strong one except from him is the beggar. I would not say coins are broken when only one leader is OP and only one is very good out of 6

Just because DJ is in the game, does not mean coins are bad for the game.

The only really strong one except from him is the beggar. I would not say coins are broken when only one leader is OP and only one is very good out of 6
Hardly true, look at any deck meta, Dj is far from the only SY leader that you can find in the top tiers.

You can find other leaders too, does that mean tha they are OP? c'mon
I'm not saying they are OP but the fact is they are on top of the meta, and being most efficient is the definition of OP for the majority of people around.
Unless the coin mechanic is changed in a meaninful way so the other factions can respond/prevent the hoarding/carryover of coins, I don't see how can SY be properly balanced.

I´m not sure if the whole faction of SY is overpowered or not and rather say no. There are several changes I would like to see and most of them have been mentioned and discussed many times: DJ and Bounty are the main problems that I´d like to see slightly changed - don´t nerf em too hard please.

On the other hand Syndicate also needs some buffs I think because aside from Bounty and the ridiculous Townsfolk-combo the faction lacks working mechanics. Swarm isn´t really a thing, (self)poison lacks support and most of the dualfaction cards are only used by the secondary faction. They have strong cards but need different playstyles as well. The existing key words - like Intimidate, Hoard, Insane - are only supporting your playstyle but are to weak to be called archtypes.

I would rank NG higher, just because of hyperthin Ardal 3x capacity use that needs to be fixed. I don't know if it's my luck, but I've been against this deck 4 times in a row before ragequit yesterday.

Ardal needs a set limit with his ability and it has to lock.

Tactical cards are very strong, Ardal with less than 5 provision snatching is rare and for a good reason.

Tactical cards are very strong, Ardal with less than 5 provision snatching is rare and for a good reason.

Just get rid of Damien. It's a stupid card and no other faction has the same. It's made so much worse by Ardal having one of the most powerful leader moves, and worse still by Kingslayer.. Make Damien something like "Order - Lock Opponents Leader", and change Usurper to something like "spawn and play Dimetrium Shackles, repeat each round."

Most of the tactic cards are mediocre or really expensive in my opinion. In the past CDPR had to buff these cards to make Tactics playable.

Diplomacy let´s you create a bronze card that is rarely useful. Bribery can be good but is very RNG heavy. Assassination is a useful card but is only 5 points most of the time. The jousting card is strong now dealing 4 damage but not op. Muzzle is strong but also expensive (12 prov for 10 pt).

The Damian + Kingslayer combo is annoying if it works but can be stopped in many cases. And you have to run additional cards to protect Damian or trigger his order effect. As a player you are pretty much all in if you try to pull it off: If it doesn´t work you probably lose. Or you have to copy a different card with kingslayer that is not useful at all. If the Ardal player uses the leader ability in round 1 you know he is playing Damian and can prepare for this play.

Most of the tactic cards are mediocre or really expensive in my opinion. In the past CDPR had to buff these cards to make Tactics playable.

Diplomacy let´s you create a bronze card that is rarely useful. Bribery can be good but is very RNG heavy. Assassination is a useful card but is only 5 points most of the time. The jousting card is strong now dealing 4 damage but not op. Muzzle is strong but also expensive (12 prov for 10 pt).

The Damian + Kingslayer combo is annoying if it works but can be stopped in many cases. And you have to run additional cards to protect Damian or trigger his order effect. As a player you are pretty much all in if you try to pull it off: If it doesn´t work you probably lose. Or you have to copy a different card with kingslayer that is not useful at all. If the Ardal player uses the leader ability in round 1 you know he is playing Damian and can prepare for this play.
Alone they are not the best, but added to units that can lock it's impossible to set up a combo. That is a Nilfgaard problem in general, that they are a risposte faction, but with Ardal it's even worse, since he also has his leader ability.

And let's not forget portal, a tactic that does 6 damage ( almost no engine or strong card can survive that) and gives two charges to his engine. Damian it's fine, because Nilfgaard leader abilities are not great, except in this case. if the combo work it's a 30 points ability, it's way too much also considering the card is not locked.

This evening at rank 9 I play 5 match. All vs scoiatel. Last month all vs Syndacate or Foltest. So every month this things?

SC 58.009 % 2491
NR 51.289 % 1164
NG 48.784 % 1603
SK 47.518 % 564
MO 45.176 % 653
SY 44.142 % 734

Top Bottom