Gameplay Stream Announcement

+
15 mins of gameplay is actually a good thing, come to think of it. Sure, it would be cool to see the whole 50-min E3 demo, but it would also spoil a good chunk of mid-game and take away the surprise factor from certain missions, or influence how we approach them when we encounter them in-game.

15 mins of gameplay is actually a good thing, come to think of it. Sure, it would be cool to see the whole 50-min E3 demo, but it would also spoil a good chunk of mid-game and take away the surprise factor from certain missions, or influence how we approach them when we encounter them in-game.

From a content perspective, anyone interested (aka about everyone on the Hype Train) can already read / listen to the storybeats of the demo: some people that watched it have really good memory (e.g. YongYea "Everything I Saw in the Incredible Cyberpunk 2077 E3 2019 Gameplay Demo"). And every spoiler was discussed extensively both in articles and videos. If they want to work a bit on e.g. gunplay and focus the demo on atmosphere & roleplaying sure. But cutting it down to avoid spoilers seems such a strange reason, considering everything was revealed already...

At CDPR: Thank for the information!

This is why we can't have nice things. They've already shown 45 minutes of gameplay, gave a bunch of interviews and you guys are still complaining beacause this SECOND gameplay video is only 15min? C'mon guys, we are better than this. And thanks CDPR for always giving us more content ;)

We got a 48 minutes gameplay a year ago.
The lucky ones, who seen the game demo @E3 and such events got 40-50 minutes more.
We (who wont attend at those events) only deserve fifteen, because... Because why? :shrug:

We are just excited as anyone else. The game will released still in eight months in the future. We are starving for every bit of new information, new screenshot, new video. I think you can understand how dissapointing reading the news: we got only 15 minutes of new gameplay...

Last edited:
Knowing CDPR, they already heard much feedback for the E3 2019-closed-doors-demo and are working on the most criticized stuff, so they don't want to show material that is going to be crticized again for something they are already changing.
If I'm right, we can actually be pretty sure, that whatever will be left for those 15 minutes, will be actually in the full game later on.

Yeah this seems like the most logical explanation they want criticism of stuff they aren't already changing, at least i hope, if they just did it to show the best of, i can understand but trimming a 50 min to a 15 min means either 1 there is going to be ALOT of cuts practically a compilation or 2 its going to be of a few big sections which i would prefer more then the compilation, but to be fair i don't really care as long as i know the game is progressing im happy cyberpunk is an amazing genre that hasn't been explored in video games nearly enough

I’m not entirely certain getting to see an hour of more shooting and spoken dialog we’ve already seen how they work does anybody anything anyway. That stuff can well be fit in 15 minutes. No expectations about seeing something spectacularly different from what we’ve already seen, and we have a ton of detailed explanations about the demo already; just like last year.

If it’d be 15 minutes of systems presentation and explanation - full on info about gameplay mechanics and their workings - it’d be solid. It won’t, of course, but if it was... well, yeah...

Disappointing..specially after the gameplay carrot being dangled for this long. Now i can speculate all i want but however big our disappointments might be it will never be bigger than the responsibility of creating a game of this scale and standing up to expectations, so i sincerely hope that everything is fine there at CDPR and this is not a sign of bigger issues that we don't know about.

15 min is more than enough. I trust you CDPR, you've almost always done the right thing. Not gonna complain like I was owed something, cause I'm not. You do what you do best and ignore whinings. Whatever you want to show us would be great. Keep up the good work!

I’m not entirely certain getting to see an hour of more shooting and spoken dialog we’ve already seen how they work does anybody anything anyway.

We seen those dialogs and shootings / hacking already? Please enlight me, where?

No expectations about seeing something spectacularly different from what we’ve already seen

Do you seen how the hacking working, for example? Where?
The new game demo has a completly different what we seen earlier. So pardon me, but I'm very exited about it. Every split seconds of it...

...and we have a ton of detailed explanations about the demo already;

If you read a movie review, you simply lost your interest to actually see that movie? Seriously? :facepalm:

So apparently it's because of spoilers which I think is bs and it's something else because they put spoilers in trailer, we saw some things from the gameplay in for example Stadia video, screenshots, most people heard or read about impressions from journalists and youtubers. Oh and the public booth on E3 where people saw even more than 15 minutes and I doubt they haven't seen some of the major spoilers.

We seen those dialogs and shootings / hacking already? Please enlight me, where?

Not that dialog specifically, but dialog in general.

Do you seen how the hacking working, for example? Where?
The new game demo has a completly different what we seen earlier. So pardon me, but I'm very exited about it. Every split seconds of it...

You don’t think all of that would fit in 15 minutes?

If you read a movie review, you simply lost your interest to actually see that movie? Seriously? :facepalm:

That’s not... eh... A better way to put it would be after reading a review, or plenty of them, I don’t need to see a trailer anymore. The full movie is what comes next.

I hear that when the game is released, you'll have to buy it before you can play it!
Sounds like BS to me. The people who don't buy it are just as excited as those that do, so why shouldn't I be able to play the whole thing for free?

You don’t think all of that would fit in 15 minutes?

Perhaps we are too different, but I can watch it even 115 minutes... :)

That’s not... eh... A better way to put it would be after reading a review, or plenty of them, I don’t need to see a trailer anymore. The full movie is what comes next.

Look, I think I read at least as many review as you, I got the E3 gameplay demo (not a trailer) in my head, but I'm very certain it's not what is really looks like.

Or, to put in this way: even if you lost your interest for the E3 gameplay demo, there are lots of people around the globe, who are wan't to see that. From start till the end...

Guys, I think a 15-minute preview of a mission is FINE. Why would you guys want 50 mins of spoilers? Granted, if it's a mission designed for demonstration purposes then, yeah, please do 50 minutes.

Disappointing..specially after the gameplay carrot being dangled for this long.

This, the carrot dangling. Now all those yes-men who tried to calm down the audience not able to visit E3 via saying that we’ll see the full demo after Gamescom have changed their tune and claim that it’s actually good that they don’t show the gameplay video in full this time around because of supposed spoilers or because of things that are subject to change thanks to feedback they got from who? Gaming journalists? Since when are they the main target audience?

CDPR indeed has got some great reputation that’s doing the work for them. Kudos! But a lot of folks sure have short attention span and short term memory.

Perhaps we are too different, but I can watch it even 115 minutes... :)

Sure. I bet everyone here would watch it in glee. I’m just saying everything relevantly new can be said and showcased in 15 minutes. So being upset that there’s no movie long clip, is a bit out of bounds since most of it isn’t going to be ”wooow, amazingness, I so didn’t see that coming”.

Everyone willing will see the game eventually. Patience is a virtue. I should know. I’ve been criticising the games mechanical direction for years on end.

[...]

Not sure how people are justifying this. It was two playthroughs of the same mission from two different styles. So really, 25 minutes of gameplay twice. No harm in that, surely not more spoilers playing the same mission a different way. That 25 minutes might be able to be cut down a bit but why axe the second playthrough style? This should be concerning to everyone.

Don't just eat the shit they put on your plate

Edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
If it’d be 15 minutes of systems presentation and explanation - full on info about gameplay mechanics and their workings - it’d be solid. It won’t, of course, but if it was... well, yeah...
that's the problem: we all know it'll be 15 minutes of normal gameplay instead of talking about mechanics. Honestly, 15 minutes of just mechanics will be considered boring by 99% of the audience (not me and you). So of course that's not gonna happen and that's why we wanted the full 50 minutes: to get both action and mechanics.

And no, whoever thinks the demo is shorter "because spoilers" is just very naive (no offense intended, of course, if someone consider it offensive :shrug:).

P.S. I can't express how I feel treated as a gamer (and fan!) for all these decisions from E3 on due to a quite certain ban hammer if I do, but I think I can say that it's just a confirmation of how I felt treated 3 months ago.

Will there be a vod or will it be posted later on YouTube? Because I work nights and there is no way I'm going to be up at 11am lol

So it's 15 minutes of gameplay without commentary and then devs are going to explain more about it. That is not bad. I mean from last demo we know we can drive, we have seen our apartment, we have seen our weapons, we have seen how the city looks, we have seen how we can have multiple options to finish the quest, etc. If 15 min is a quest being done only, even better. Less is more until you get your hand on the game. I'm only interested in mechanics and RPG aspects. I hope they delve on that after 15 min demo. The rest I would like to experience and see for myself, but hey, that's just me!

The 15-minute demo will focus on hacking and stealth build, but they will skip the "brute force" approach because the gunplay was the one thing that was criticized the most from this demo, they want to work on that before showing it.

That's my take.

Top Bottom