The General Videogame Thread

+
Nice interview with Kojima from 4players.de: english-> https://www.resetera.com/threads/4players-interview-kojima-q-a-on-death-stranding.136780/

And I totally agree on this because if you want to set the bar, to make something new, you can't stick to people's opinion in order to make a game for everyone. You need to make brave choices, not caring of the status quo.
A couple of examples:
-GOW 2018 who reinvented the saga
-RDR2's animations (some people complain because they like other types of games better, but rockstar made the most immersive TPP game ever)
-GTA V's driving system which is much worse than GTA IV's because people wanted a casual GTA and not a more serious/realistic.

Of course if you wish to make a more of the same in a genre, this doesn't apply, but you miss the occasion of being revolutionary and end-up being like ubisoft open-world games with their ubiquitous copy-paste mechanics.
Maybe he should listen to others sometimes...it might've made his last game better. But, that's the problem with everyone calling him a genius and such; he's caught up in the hype as well. But it's gonna be interesting to see what happens with Death Stranding, as this time no one can blame anything that goes wrong with the game on the evil Konami overlords. This one, for better or worse, is all him.

Maybe he should listen to others sometimes...it might've made his last game better. But, that's the problem with everyone calling him a genius and such; he's caught up in the hype as well. But it's gonna be interesting to see what happens with Death Stranding, as this time no one can blame anything that goes wrong with the game on the evil Konami overlords. This one, for better or worse, is all him.
Well, MGS V came out incomplete due to Konami wanting it to be released no matter what. It's very clear from the game itself: it's great until a certain point, then story collapses. He made an engine from scratch (fox engine, still used for PES by konami), first, then a full open-world sandbox game with one of the best gameplay and freedom ever seen. All of this in barely 5 years. And I think there's no need to talk about the impact metal gear solid has had on modern gaming.
I'm not one of his fans (at all, in particular for his humor) but there's very little room for criticism in his regards.

My worthless prediction for DS: it'll be an excellent game, but a lot of people will complain because they won't understand it and because it won't be as "arcade" as they want.

Been playing Field of Glory Empires. Played as Epirus in conquest of west only conquesting west from Greece to Spain. Have left the rest to their own destiny.
Have refused decadence usury, minting coins,prostitution, Noble Districts, Noble Garden, slave markets, circus, gambling ring, racing tracks, gladiator schools, monuments dedicated to head of state and second palaces, delicacies shops, trade ports, and others. Have ruled through focus on knowledge academies,libraries , and army, infrastructure, agriculture, culture and some fair trading avoiding monopolies and nepotism especially to outsider elements who gain wealth through manipulation of market/corruption/bribery ,nepotism and monopolism.

The game is far better than Imperator Rome.

Last edited:
Dying Light 2 is looking amazing...!
This, Watch_Dogs Legion and Cyberpunk 2077 are currently my most anticipated games of 2020.

Also, Control turned out to be as dope as I hoped it would be...it has the fun psychic powers of Psi Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy and all the weirdness of Remedy's other games. Also, apparently Max Payne is the former director...:ok:

Last edited:
Yeah...Control

I'm around five hours in & well...damn...I think I got my mojo back

It is excellent & I am enjoying it very much

Trippy & intense

I really want to buy it, but it runs unacceptably bad on base ps4... Either they optimize it or I'll buy it on next gen in 1 year and a half-ish (not at full price at that point).

it's not surprising it struggles on the base consoles...it can get seriously hectic with a bunch of people running around firing stuff and debris flying everywhere.

it's not surprising it struggles on the base consoles...it can get seriously hectic with a bunch of people running around firing stuff and debris flying everywhere.
true, but remedy knew the hardware they were working on since at least 2011, so they knew what can be done and what can't (or at least they could have optimized it better). Given that this is the game which runs worst on consoles so far (drops to 10 fps are not acceptable and I'm one of the guys cares little about performances)... Too bad for them, they'll sell less copies and earn less than they could.

Also it has problems on mid gen consoles as well.

Honestly, it's a taxing game even on really good PCs if you try to run everything on Ultra...when things starting going all out in the combat portions, I can go from 70 to 50 FPS. While I'm glad to have the game now, they maybe should've held the console versions until the next-gen.

Ok...trying to sleep now & all I have is The Hiss in my head

My hands are still shaking & my heart is pumping big time

John Carpenter must have worked on this

Awesome

It looks like 20 bucks game to me.
If it is as linear as it looks to be the entirety of the game, I totally agree with you. If it opens up for some open-world exploration, I could be agreeable to a AA pricetag and depending on the length, maybe even AAA price. But a linear, short game? Yeah, same here...no more than $20.

Playing ALien Isolation, while I wait for Greedfall release on the 10th..

and yes...I'm hiding in here, cose I know..them faceless bot can't follow me! :sad:

This week, I guess I'll be doing double duty bouncing between Gears 5 and the Ghost Recon Breakpoint beta. Then again, I may get the itch to go back to Control and have a Dark Phoneix telekinetic meltdown again. :D

Also, anyone with a console and is interesting in Code Vein, the demo is out and it's pretty good...the character creator is insane, though! Sooooo many options...:giveup:

You know what game just went on sale that I decided not to play because it was an RPG in FPP? KINGDOM COME: DELIVERANCE! the great and awesome steam has it for free Rn. I'm Downloading it now, and I am going to give this FPP RPG a chance. lets see how immersive this is!

Top Bottom