FPP/TPP Perspective Thread OPEN. Be NICE.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, customization doesnt make much sense with fpp. Hopefully some modder will bless us with a tpp. For me that would be full immersion.
I’m only on Xbox so I won’t have that mod but it will be great for PC players to get a TPP mod
Post automatically merged:

That's pretty much every reasonable person's argument in this forum back in June 2018 when we first heard about the FPP only.

I think now it's a little too late for CDPR to add a TPP toggle option but... it's always worth trying.
Could they add it in a post update or is that too much to do?

I’m only on Xbox so I won’t have that mod but it will be great for PC players to get a TPP mod

They probably won't because of artistic vision, and even if they do it will work only is they really used natural movement for FPP instead of "It looks better in FPP even if totally unrealist" ones.

I always find it interesting that The Rad Brad is often the first, or one of the first, creators to publish gameplay (self-controlled or dev-controlled). I think it's because he's a pretty lukewwarm, non-offensive personality. He offers pretty much the same level of mild optimism and enthusiasm no matter what the game is, and generally avoids the wild "oh my GOD that was SO RANDOM AND WILD, right 12 YEAR OLD AUDIENCE MEMBERS?!" nonsense.

He's the equivalent of a radio song that you don't particularly enjoy, but listen to anyway because it's not bad enough to change the station. Still like the guy, I ain't bashin'. He plays a lot of different stuff, and has gotten me into a couple games I'd never have played if not for him.

Gameplay doesn't impress me too much so far, but it does at least look like an improved version of the original; the parkour looks entertaining. I'm not sure I'd say it should be a pillar of FPP gaming that CDPR should look at, necessarily, but there's certainly more "going on" with the player's body and hands. Less floating camera, more (unrealistically agile and strong) real human.

The video two posts up? Isn’t he doing exactly that?
Not that I can tell.

Mostly, he's just saying "Oh, that was cool." or "I didn't know you could do that" in a fairly even tone. Compare that to.. well.. almost any other gaming youtuber on the planet, like the aforementioned Pewdiepie or perhaps Markiplier (if you don't know them, you're better off for it), and the difference is clear.

Not that I can tell.

...Compare that to.. well.. almost any other gaming youtuber on the planet..

Well, you probably watch these things more than I do. So perhaps my view is narrower.

I find the exaggerated frothing and excitement (often spiced with a lisp and an obnoxious tone of an ”adult” teen) mostly irritating. I can’t help it.

Well, you probably watch these things more than I do. So perhaps my view is narrower.

I find the exaggerated frothing and excitement (often spiced with a lisp and an obnoxious tone of an ”adult” teen) mostly irritating. I can’t help it.
That's fair enough, and I share your point of view. It's more a "lesser of two (billion) evils" situation for me. If I want to see games played by somebody who is relatively competent, it's one of the better ways for me to do so, when the alternative is seeing nothing or seeing a highly-scripted demo from a dev.

Granted, there's fewer and fewer games that get my attention nowadays. Minus the slew of CRPGs to look forward to, pretty much just Outer Worlds, 2077, to a lesser degree Greedfall, and Bloodlines 2.

Interestingly, and to bring it back to the topic, almost all of these games are FPP-only or mostly FPP. I wonder why that's the case.

Id guess the lack of having to deal with facial animations for the protagonist makes it easier and less time consuming... could be a factor perhaps. Maybe because its more suitable for VR if they want to go that route at some point?

Outer Worlds, 2077, to a lesser degree Greedfall, and Bloodlines 2.

Interestingly, and to bring it back to the topic, almost all of these games are FPP-only or mostly FPP. I wonder why that's the case.

Only 3 out of 4 games and Bloodlines 2 have mod support from day one so TPP mod will come realy fast.

Adding body in FPP is not bad, but it does not add any thing to game really, you won't look down a lot to see your body, for example my friend like that CP2077 is FPP but he don't see why they adding body it serve nothing and add nothing to the game.

Tbh I just want a Fourth Person Perspective, 1st because I wanna know what that looks like 2nd because I personally don't care, if the team think FFP is the way to go, go for it I'll play it if they decide actually TPP only go for it I don't care, what I do care about is that the game is what they want it to be

Well, with the Witcher 3 they patched the busted combat and took a crack at Geralt's drunken walking animation post-release, so it's possible, I suppose.

Looks messy.
And directed.
You mean like the Cyberpunk demo? It's a trade show demo...they're all scripted until they're on the floor for anyone to play. But to be fair, during the demo, the narrator does admit that the person playing trained to be able to get everything right in one go.

Last edited:
That's fair enough, and I share your point of view. It's more a "lesser of two (billion) evils" situation for me. If I want to see games played by somebody who is relatively competent, it's one of the better ways for me to do so, when the alternative is seeing nothing or seeing a highly-scripted demo from a dev.

Granted, there's fewer and fewer games that get my attention nowadays. Minus the slew of CRPGs to look forward to, pretty much just Outer Worlds, 2077, to a lesser degree Greedfall, and Bloodlines 2.

With Cyberpunk and The Outer Worlds, my guess is that the logic went "futuristic, therefore guns, therefore FPP." Plus the latter is clearly in the mold of New Vegas, while the former is at least partially inspired by Deus Ex. Bloodlines 2 devs have called it an immersive sim, so they were probably taking cues from Dishonored. Greedfall, on the other hand, is clearly trying to emulate the Bioware experience circa 2010, so third person makes sense for them.

Incidentally, it's too bad that TOW is a 2020 release for me. I would have considered it for an end of the year purchase otherwise, despite a disappointing history with Obsidian. No room for Baldur's Gate 3 on your list? I didn't care for the originals and wish there was more information out about it, but I loved the D:OS games and I'm intrigued to see what Larian does with 5th edition rules.

It seems paradoxical that in the AAA scene third or first person is essential for RPGs, but MOBA's are still ridiculously popular. Maybe the average gamer prefers story-driven releases to be as movie-like as possible.

FPP is the best way to immerse the player into the game, TPP makes it seem like you are watching someone else play the game.

Adding body in FPP is not bad, but it does not add any thing to game really, you won't look down a lot to see your body, for example my friend like that CP2077 is FPP but he don't see why they adding body it serve nothing and add nothing to the game.
You won't look down often while walking/running but it's quite essential to have said body in the game when you slide or vault over an obstacle.
So it adds quite a bit I'd say. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom