Overview of update 3.2

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

Paweł Burza and Jason Slama go over the changes coming with Update 3.2!

Decoupling leader skins from their abilities is a big cosmetic change. Also, a lot of (small) QoL stuff and Twitch Observer looks pretty neat. Cool stuff, so far.

Finally, Vampires are not completely unplayable anymore.
Detlaff's change is fine, especially considering he finally has synergy with Vampires.
Harmony being on non-Dryads as well is also a great change, in fact maybe enough that I would try Scoiat'ael, rather than considering to dust the entire faction.

I don't like reducing the leaders to cosmetics. It doesn't even makes sense, will Brouver or Dana obtain a bow when played with Eithné's ability? Will Eredin or Dettlaff vomit arachasae? One of the coolest things of Homecoming was introduction of 3D leaders, true heroes recognizable because of their abilities. This change is going to kill this feel, might as well change them into 2D cards again.

Hate the leader skin/ability decoupling. The whole reasoning behind it sounded like 'hey we have too much work and since we are lazy, we gonna do this, to make it easier for us'.
You missed the point.

It's a lot of work for them and they are appreciated for us and then with each patch they go forgotten and unused.

Abilieties, except Monsters leaders, never made much sense with the leader anyway.

Now we can finally use our favourites regardless of the meta

Excited for the changes overall

Still a firm believer of reach tho (if half of all cards have reach 2, reach 1 will see play and rows will regain their identity)

Okay, there appears the issue: if you just make a card less difficult to play and increase it's provisions, it is DUMBING down. The game already feels repetitive, simple and therefore boring. By changing Call of The forest, an unique card, to just ST version of other special cards, it makes it less interesting!
Same with deleting Bearmasters, which you could kill and summon, or use "Tactic" card. It all was a part of flavorous "depth", already barely even existing.

Last edited:
So leaders are back to Witcher3, where you just choose different abilities for your leader. Plus additional cosmetics now?
It feels a bit like a capitualation, but at the other hand it doesn't really matter, as you can still play the leaders with the fitting ability. And moreover, it allows them to create leader unspecific abilities.
And I bet everyone who wished for Brouver and Filandravel switching abilities will be happy.

No change to Keira?

Eithne + Call of the Forest is now a much better Dana? Did I get that right?

Decoupling leader abilities from leader characters is not branding. It's exactly the opposite. The leader characters are the brands, easily recognizable and working through associations. You associate an ability with a specific leader and vice versa. That's how brands work.

It's funny how they already mentioned the problems they themselves encountered with decoupling/unbranding leader abilities: not knowing which ability was chosen. That's the proof you have no brand. And then presenting a fix - displaying the name of the ability more clearly, which is still worse than it is right now.

I do recognize what is said about some leader characters rarely seeing play and the effort of creating a leader character for every ability. So instead of completely decoupling leader abilities from leader characters, I would like to propose that each leader character can have a few (2-3) abilities to choose from. That way, you will still have branding, you will have abilities that fit with the leader character and you will have a solution for the problems raised. Because Detlaff spawning Arachas Drones, that is plain silly. I know they know, just by the way they mention this themselves and laugh about it.

Edit, add: Good job on reducing variance for better balancing (best examples: Tuirseach Bearmaster, Francesca).

Last edited:
RIP Heimdal and Cerys :( Those reworks are not bad, but they seem unnecessary to me.
The rest of the patch looks prety good, Vampires are finaly geting some love :)

The leader thing is weird. Someone explain to me why we even have leaders on the board at this point? Their flavor is gone. They are just bodies standing there for no reason because who they are has nothing to do with the actual ability and gameplay.

The leader thing is weird. Someone explain to me why we even have leaders on the board at this point? Their flavor is gone. They are just bodies standing there for no reason because who they are has nothing to do with the actual ability and gameplay.
That! I asked myself the same question a few minutes ago. I'm confused.

Yes decoupling! Thank god! Finally Brouver can be a dwarf leader and I can unlock skins for leaders who are not as strong without feeling like I am wasting RP!

Also for the people saying this is CDPR being lazy... CRUNCH IS BAD! ANYTHING THAT REDUCES CRUNCH IS GOOD! The human cost being saved here should not be dismissed as laziness! Even if you dislike the change, THIS IS A GOOD THING FOR THE PEOPLE MAKING THE GAME!

Beyond that, ya its will take a bit of getting used to, but its not going to make the game harder to play and it will allow better skins and new abilities to be added later. This is a weird change, but its better for the devs, its going to allow for more customization and it will make unplayable leaders who you like the flavor of to get some love.

Top Bottom