E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another interview:

Talks about techies a bit. Some bonuses to crafting & operation of the flathead are the main things mentioned. Again mentioned that crafting can be done by all builds, just that a character with techie skills is more efficient with it.

Other than that, nothing super new.

So we know theres another unannounced RPG coming from CDPR. Could this be a hint of it? Left picture looks like Cyberpunk but what is that right side picture? Im getting Diablo vibes from it, their next RPG is Diablo aka Dark Fantasy game?

Man, if its some Dark Fantasy RPG I will be staying in these forums much longer.

So we know theres another unannounced RPG coming from CDPR. Could this be a hint of it? Left picture looks like Cyberpunk but what is that right side picture? Im getting Diablo vibes from it, their next RPG is Diablo aka Dark Fantasy game?

Man, if its some Dark Fantasy RPG I will be staying in these forums much longer.

The right side of the screen is the Witcher. Or rather, one of the Wild Hunt.

For a CDPR uberfan you seem quite uninformed. It’s the King of the Wild Hunt. I gathered you played Witcher 3. Well probably with your eyes closed.

Dani (fellow user from the polish forum) asked about third person cutscenes in the game on facebook and it seems my past speculation based on podcast with Lilayah was correct, they were removed from the game and now entire game plays out in first person, even during cutscenes.

I know some people will be disappointed by that (especially In That One Thread), but personally it's cool with me.

Guest 3847602

Driving too?
Not a big problem for me either, but I know that many people tend to avoid classic first person view in driving games, especially the ones with arcadey physics.
Also,makes me wonder how romance scenes are gonna work in first person... :-/

Driving too?
Not a big problem for me either, but I know that many people tend to avoid classic first person view in driving games, especially the ones with arcadey physics.
Nah it's just cutscenes as far as I can tell. Driving is still toggle for TPP/FPP.

Guest 3847602

Nah it's just cutscenes as far as I can tell. Driving is still toggle for TPP/FPP.
OK, I got confused about "entire game plays out in first person" so I just assumed TPP is completely gone now. It's good that they're keeping it for driving at least.

I disagree, Kyle Rowley definitely mentioned TPP cutscenes last year in some interviews before he left. I think they just decided to change design. https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpun...after-all-but-only-in-vehicles-and-cutscenes/
I meant those two specific scenes. The elevator cutscene feels like a way to make a cinematic opening for the presentation (in the actual game most likely we will simply walk into elevator and ride to that floor without any cutscenes), then the scene in V's apartment feels like a way to transition from Scavenger's quest to Maelstrom's quest without the need of showing everything that happens in-between to save time. CDPR did something similar with their past presentations.

So, by now, we've all heard the news about binary gender options being removed, you now pick a body type.

Fine by me, I'm on board with that. NPCs will still call you "He" or "She" if you want. Truly couldn't care less, do NOT want to start a political conversation, and the controversy surrounding this debate is completely irrelevant to me and this post.

My question is, will NPCs still react to your gender as previously confirmed, or has that been removed as an unfortunate side-effect of this change?

If anyone knows, or if anyone is willing to ask a Red, that'd be cool. Thanks.

EDIT: Secondary question. My assumption before was that you'd be able to mix and match different body type aspects. In fact, they keep saying "mix and match" whenever this topic comes up, but if your only options are "male or female voice, male or female body type," that's quite limited.

Will you be able to have male sex organs but a female-presenting body (which may make you appealing to NPCs with certain sexual preferences), and vice versa? What about breasts or lack thereof on a male/female body?

Note, when I say male/female, it's for simplicity's sake. Not to pigeonhole anybody.

Dani (fellow user from the polish forum) asked about third person cutscenes in the game on facebook and it seems my past speculation based on podcast with Lilayah was correct, they were removed from the game and now entire game plays out in first person, even during cutscenes.

I know some people will be disappointed by that (especially In That One Thread), but personally it's cool with me.
I really hope that's the case (always FPP = more immersion) but I THINK I watched a recent interview where tomas *insert proper polish surname* said we can see V in TTP during some cutscenes.

Or maybe ti was Miles tost in his interview with @Kinley

Don't have time (or will) to watch them again)
Post automatically merged:

My question is, will NPCs still react to your gender as previously confirmed, or has that been removed as an unfortunate side-effect of this change?
they said NPC will have specific sexual orientation, so they'll react according to V in those regards.

Other than that, I haven't heard anything in neither the cases *not sure this makes sense in english*

I really hope that's the case (always FPP = more immersion) but I THINK I watched a recent interview where tomas *insert proper polish surname* said we can see V in TTP during some cutscenes.

Or maybe ti was Miles tost in his interview with @Kinley

Don't have time (or will) to watch them again)
Post automatically merged:

they said NPC will have specific sexual orientation, so they'll react according to V in those regards.

Other than that, I haven't heard anything in neither the cases *not sure this makes sense in english*

Other reactions were discussed previously. No specifics, but I'm assuming it would be slightly altered situations depending on your gender and such. I dunno. We'll have to wait for confirmation.

At least we can put this to bed now. A LOT of people said I (and, by extension, you) was wrong when I tried to discuss it on the Discord (which, incidentally, I'm no longer a part of), but it's true after all.

Having no third person cutscene will adress the criticism that some people had, about V doing things on their own rather than it being player's decision..

I don't mind either way, though i love the idea of seeing EVERYTHING from V's pov, except maybe driving.

No it's based on voice according to a translated interview. http://thegeekgetaway.blogspot.com/2019/08/cyberpunk-2077-removed-gender.html

"First of all, we are allowing you to make whatever character you want, without a barrier between male and female attributes. You can pick a body type more typical for males, but with a female face, haircut and voice. Ultimately the type of voice will determine how other characters will refer to you. However for people in Night City issues like that are indeed of much smaller importance."​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom