The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
One of the reasons I have followed this game since the paperback RPG is that it follows an actual field of study that I have been interested in since I was a kid. People seem to think this technology is in the realm of science fiction. It's actually already here. Maybe not as advanced yet but take a look at this video. We are very close to making this game not just a game but actual reality.

Keanu Reeves playing bass at Sanremo 2017 on Rai 1. It starts at 8:03 mark until 9:22.
Just curios to hear him play since he did it in the past.

The future!

A NASA pilot in some mild trouble from mucking with her ex bank account while on the ISS. But that means, (from CTV News):

"As of yet, no criminal charges have ever been laid against a person in outer space. But as space tourism edges closer to becoming reality, a new legal framework may have to be put in place to deal with off-world criminality. "

"off-world criminality"

An issue! Said seriously by serious people! In real life!

The future is HERE.

Can someone explain to me why every other thing in the States is salted caramel flavor? Is this something to placate people who can't accept pumpkin spice is seasonal and not year-round? And now that pumpkin spice season is right around the corner, what does that mean for salted caramel? I imagine the minds of countless latte-sipping soccer moms exploding in Starbucks nationwide as they struggle to make a choice to give to the barista. :censored:

I saw an article about that ISS case in our news yesterday but it didn't mention anything beyond that the case was probably the first-ever crime committed in space. Which was interesting enough in itself.

"Off-world criminality" sounds like some sci-fi term; it's rather bizarre to see.

A NASA pilot in some mild trouble from mucking with her ex bank account while on the ISS. But that means, (from CTV News):
"Off-world criminality" sounds like some sci-fi term; it's rather bizarre to see.

This is quite rich. But what she did was also quite stupid. Still, it's also quite cool. As there was no damage done, all the drama is quite silly. But seeing how it pans out will be quite interesting. Yes. Quite.

Humans... :rolleyes:

Can someone explain to me why every other thing in the States is salted caramel flavor? Is this something to placate people who can't accept pumpkin spice is seasonal and not year-round? And now that pumpkin spice season is right around the corner, what does that mean for salted caramel? I imagine the minds of countless latte-sipping soccer moms exploding in Starbucks nationwide as they struggle to make a choice to give to the barista. :censored:

Can't really relate. I'm American, but I really don't like caramel. Sickly-sweet stuff.
#TheGreatPumpkin

Salted caramel is a fairly common flavour here as well (e.g. in ice-cream and chocolate) but I've never tasted it because it sounds suspicious.

Also, it reminds me too much of salty liquorice (which is everywhere here; I even saw potato chips with that flavour!). I love liquorice but I can't stand most types of salty liquorice (the very mildest ones are tolerable), and I suspect salty caramel might be similar as I do like "regular" caramel.

Salted caramel is a fairly common flavour here as well (e.g. in ice-cream and chocolate) but I've never tasted it because it sounds suspicious.

Also, it reminds me too much of salty liquorice (which is everywhere here; I even saw potato chips with that flavour!). I love liquorice but I can't stand most types of salty liquorice (the very mildest ones are tolerable), and I suspect salty caramel might be similar as I do like "regular" caramel.
It's in ice cream, milk, yogurt, cookies, cake frosting, popcorn, creamer, cereal, sugar, freakin' potato chips! :oops:
I was at the store with a friend of mine and I commented on the pervasiveness of salted caramel...his response was some people just go overboard with certain flavors and can't just enjoy them in moderation. In the 80s and 90s it was cocaine, and now between salted caramel and pumpkin spice, he may be on to something. :LOL:

...freakin' potato chips!:oops:

:oops:

...sugar...

:oops:!?

Wait -- you melt sugar to make caramel. Then, they do something with the caramel to turn it back into sugar??? (It's like they hired Mr. Bean to try to create jobs...)

Then, they do something with the caramel to turn it back into sugar???
Oh, I bet it's just some caramel flavour in the sugar, not actual caramel. Because why use real caramel when artificial flavourings are cheaper and already used everywhere anyway. :p
(There may be some sarcasm in this post.)

I love salted caramel. Those little biscuity things that have chocolate and salted caramel topping are amazing. Millionaire Shortbreads I think they are called. Now I want one :(

Top Bottom