Season of the Dryad is here!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

Livin' free in harmony! A new season has begun! In this month’s seasonal mode on turn end friendly odd value units are damaged by 1 friendly even value units are boosted by 1.

Season of the Dryad will last until Wednesday, October 2nd, 10am CEST.

This seemed like it would be a fun mode.
Until this evening when people found out that the arachas queen deck is absolutely broken in this mode.
There's always decks that are stronger in each challenge, but this really feels like a massive exploit that should be fixed soon.
I don't want to see a season where you see back-to-back arachas decks all day, everyday.

Until this evening when people found out that the arachas queen deck is absolutely broken in this mode.
There's always decks that are stronger in each challenge, but this really feels like a massive exploit that should be fixed soon.
I don't want to see a season where you see back-to-back arachas decks all day, everyday.
I feel you. When I saw the seasonal mode I jumped straight to Arachas thinking She-Troll and Vran Warrior. Didn't even modify my already existing deck. And I won most of the time. Today I play again and indeed, it didn't take long for people to realize it's super strong.
On the other hand, it didn't take long for people to counter with Usurper, which completely kills Arachas decks
Post automatically merged:

Also play cards/leaders that ping and just get rid of the arachas, the rest won't work. Tech an epidemic card and you might even get some instant forfeit XD

Last edited:
Well it's workable advice at least, but it still doesn't change the fact that this is very messy situation.
Ugh, it just frustrates me to no end to see such a cheap, exploitative deck be so effective.
Oh well maybe the arachas spammers will get spammed with userpers and epidemics hard enough that they go back to playing fair*

*spoilers - they won't, that's not how exploit spamming works

Interesting, i played 10+ games so far yet all i see is Skellige and NR decks.

This game mode is hilarious. I just played a match with using a Svalgod Greatsword build against an Arachas Queen with a She-Troll of Vergen. End score was 240-200. The She-Troll had over 160 power and my Greatswords had over 70 each (plus a 100-ish Dagur).
Post automatically merged:

Well it's workable advice at least, but it still doesn't change the fact that this is very messy situation.
Ugh, it just frustrates me to no end to see such a cheap, exploitative deck be so effective.
Oh well maybe the arachas spammers will get spammed with userpers and epidemics hard enough that they go back to playing fair*

*spoilers - they won't, that's not how exploit spamming works
Greatswords/Dagur beat AQ pretty well in the game I played. Maybe try that?

I started off trying Crach, but decided Svalgod was better to adjust my units' power.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Just a little tip for fellow Contract Achievers:

This Seasonal Mode is ideal for the contract 'the bigger they are...' (scorch a 50pt or higher unit)

This was the first contract that appears on my contract list and somehow in almost a year og HC Gwent i had never done it, because it's rare for a unit to go so high (maybe Aglais, SheTroll, Dagur and Cahir) and when i did see one, i didnt have a counter or used a reset which doesnt work for the contract.

So, i used Geralt:Igni (works too) against a huge She Troll of Vergen, shouldnt be hard to find as Arachas decks seem to be over 50% matches on this mode.

Scorched a 195 She Troll (Seasonal) (Contract Done).jpg

Good luck!

Just a little tip for fellow Contract Achievers:

This Seasonal Mode is ideal for the contract 'the bigger they are...' (scorch a 50pt or higher unit)

This was the first contract that appears on my contract list and somehow in almost a year og HC Gwent i had never done it, because it's rare for a unit to go so high (maybe Aglais, SheTroll, Dagur and Cahir) and when i did see one, i didnt have a counter or used a reset which doesnt work for the contract.

So, i used Geralt:Igni (works too) against a huge She Troll of Vergen, shouldnt be hard to find as Arachas decks seem to be over 50% matches on this mode.

View attachment 11014298

Good luck!

Yes! Very similar to my deck. With a lot of locks against those ... Vran Warriors 😁

AQ is so easily beaten by SK you just need 3 locks 1 reset and Gerald at last round and she stands no chance.

The number of forfeits from AQ that I got is staggering, I had one match 112 at 9...

Is clear that SK is the top winner in this seasonal, also Meve can do pretty well but it's easier to play with the self dmg bear abomination from SK.

I love this seasonal cause I will take my 250 wins for SK so simple...

In seasonal, my Eithne deck welcomes with open arms every arachas queen variation out there.
It's kind of funny, the first deck I played in this mode was SK and I started seeing this deck. I was confused since I just steamrolled it. Then I was playing AQ a bit to get some contracts/quests and I realized it's just built to 100% counter AQ.

IMO, it's better to just run some more generalist cards: in all of my seasonal decks I'm running Artefact Compression and 2x Dimeritium Shackles. Those cards are great counters vs SK and AQ, while also being useful against other decks like Maeve or Fran.

DRK3

Forum veteran
The Arachas Queen deck is damn good in this Seasonal compared to most decks... but the moment it becomes the most popular, the counters start appearing and it's very easy to counter AQ.

It's focused on many small units and few huge units, so all you need is a Tremors or Gimpy or something that instantly removes all arachas, and a couple of tall removals or resets. Also a couple of locks or removals for Vran Warriors or they'll wipe your board in a few turns.

The Skellige GS/ Dagur decks do even better because on top of this, they also take advantage of the arachas spawn interactions. I've also played with SK against other factions and it seems really good, probably the best this Seasonal.

Top Bottom