Casual Mode Locked Out

+
Hi there

I know in the 3.2 update casual mode has been locked out for players below level 7 at which point it will be unlocked. Problem is I'm level 37, Prestige 4, Ranked 20 and I can't see the button to enable casual mode.

Any one else having this issue?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    328.5 KB · Views: 136

rrc

Forum veteran
Hi there

I know in the 3.2 update casual mode has been locked out for players below level 7 at which point it will be unlocked. Problem is I'm level 37, Prestige 4, Ranked 20 and I can't see the button to enable casual mode.

Any one else having this issue?
The restriction applies to RANK and not LEVEL. So, for new players and players still not fully familiar with the game, it is locked out. It is 100% perfect solution. New players going to casual mode will only get thrashed. This prevents it.

So sorry, I'm still not following, as Prestige 4, Level 37, Rank 20 should I be able to play Casual mode or am I restricted to Ranked only?

Basically am I experiancing a bug?

Wait what? I thought it was a level thing not a rank thing. I am not interested in reaching level 7... So I am forced to play Meta until I reach it otherwise I can't test my decks or play just for fun?? The hell?

Yeah that's what I'm worried about as well!

I'm about to have to use a terrible internet connect for 7 months where I'm going to lose connection at least every 2-3 games so playing ranked like that is a recipe for a disaster.

Plus tha means for me reaching level 7, even if I do not want to ( I am level 10), and then abandon the mode so just not loose rank and loose the ability to play casual

If you don't care about rank what is the problem loosing in ranked mode instead of casual ??

The only good reason to play casual is when you are high rank !

If you don't care about rank what is the problem loosing in ranked mode instead of casual ??

The only good reason to play casual is when you are high rank !
That ranked is full of try harder, cheap decks and Usupers.

Casual have people of all sorts, with meme decks, people testing decks or simple decks that are out of meta.

Just because I don't care about rank does not mean I have fun loosing over and over again against Foltest and Ardal because I am using a deck for fun

Lower ranked is better than casual in terms of match ups and variety, up to a certain point. Which point that is, is difficult to say. But my guess (based on experience) would place it somewhere around the start of the single digits (rank 9). As such, the netdeckers shouldn't really be an issue, on average, compared to casual.

I have no idea what I am playing. When I finish a game it's not showing me any level progression at all, but according to this thread I am not allowed in casua unless I am level 7.

What the hell is going on?

Edit: just restarted the game, now I see seasonal mode and everything seems fine, but I lost 4 levels? After winning 3 games in a row? What?

I have no idea what I am playing. When I finish a game it's not showing me any level progression at all, but according to this thread I am not allowed in casua unless I am level 7.

What the hell is going on?

Edit: just restarted the game, now I see seasonal mode and everything seems fine, but I lost 4 levels? After winning 3 games in a row? What?

You need to be rank 7, not level 7. But I lost rank too. Yesterday I was rank 10, today I was suddenly rank 14. I don't care about rank, but I liked playing casual, beeing thrashed was never an issue for me, I feel patronized now.

It definitely is the best decision if they're interested in keeping new players.
If you want to play meme decks doing so below rank 7 shouldn't matter. If you lose a few you can easily get back up.

Whereas if new players start in casual and get demolished by veterans practicing variations on meta decks you can't easily get back players with a bad first impression

It definitely is the best decision if they're interested in keeping new players.
If you want to play meme decks doing so below rank 7 shouldn't matter. If you lose a few you can easily get back up.

Whereas if new players start in casual and get demolished by veterans practicing variations on meta decks you can't easily get back players with a bad first impression

Yes, these days many people has the frustration tolerance of a 3-year-old child, I experience that every day on my job. So I can understand the decision very well, but still that's a pity for me.

This will annoy some players who exclusively play casual. Perhaps the casual mode should unlock once you hit rank 7 and then stay unlocked regardless of current rank.
In my humble opinion the same should apply to Pro-Rank. Once you have qualified you should be able to pick the game up and compete without the whole ladder grind.

Top Bottom