Gameplay Stream Announcement

+
Very pleased.

Combat looks sharper. World looks alive. Bike looks AWESOME to ride.

Really torn on heavy hack build or Solo. Siiigh.

Yup, game's look cool and all but I'm still disappointed by the heavily edited version. You don't have time to process what's happening on screen

Guest 3847602

Too short, but what was there looked better than I expected (maybe that was the point of trimming down the length of the presentation). Really wish that Sasquatch isn't a bullet sponge, though, but it's something I can live with.

I thought it was going to be 15 minutes of gameplay, not 5 minutes of quick cuts. :giveup:

I'm going to be that guy- graphically it doesn't look as good as the screenshots seem to imply. There is something flat about the lighting or color, hard to put my finger on it.

Gunplay is looking pretty good but still lacks punch, and part of that is the sound design which has been brought up before. It's not layered or distinct.

And that's about all I can tell from the little bits they showed.

Last edited:
Funny. Bike looked awful to me. Very stiff, very unrealistic. The automatic weapons were OK at best, felt a bit like peashooters.

By contrast, the visuals, melee, and non-automatic weapons all looked and felt great. Character creation looks SUPER in-depth. I like the UI and interface.

I'm disappointed by the overly-guided nature of the demo. I knew it'd be cut down, but we didn't see more than 60 seconds of uninterrupted gameplay, I don't think. Too much lore/background stuff. Heavy solo got way too much screentime IMO.

Sound design is an absolute mess. Could not understand NPCs most of the time, and the subtitles did not help at all.

Pawel Sasko is as amazing and enthusiastic as ever. I love him to death and I want him to have my children. :love:

Sad that we didn't get a look at the skill menu, or any (clothing) shop menus.

Wait, nevermind. Here's the skill menu:
1567190333649.png

Last edited:
I'm not disappointed by the game because to be ohnest, I didn't have chance to see it. What was shown was too fast, too chaotic, too little details shown. So for now I can only say that I'm disappointed by the demo.

Guest 4211861

It's DX:HR, but with more features. DX:HR 2077

It's every bit as stiff and clunky and unsuited to fluid combat. This is what they mean by "RPG with shooter elements" = the shooting is mediocre.

It seems to be either stealth or GTFO, since the combat will be like fighting gingerbread men, so it's better to avoid the fighting.

And the demo is so incredibly lean on content, I can't even pick my teeth with it. Very weak demo. Why not call it a music video instead? It would have been more correct. The 2018 demo was substantially better, like 5x better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoyed what I saw, it’s pretty much how I pictured it in my head actually! Just gotta watch 10x more to make sure lol.

I wanna understand better how hacking works, it was nice to see the quick hacks finally in action too! Character Creator looks awesome, a lot of detail and I’m ready for corpo backgroud! Menu also looks nice and organized.

I definitely wanna hack stuff and be that “ninja” that was never there by using hacking! Like what they did to the vending machine! I love that kind of stuff.

The only thing I don’t think I really liked was the format it was presented! Like I’ll just replay it and stuff but I was hoping for a little more uninterrupted gameplay (of any part really). Editing is to hectic, the guys voice is pretty cool but yeah, I just wanted something more raw I guess. They did tell us about the editing but I imagined it differently, it was hardcore heavy presentation mode, I’m worried it didn’t do it justice (cause I know all the background but a lot of people don’t).

But anyways. It’s 4am here so I’m gonna go, my review might not be 100% right now xD

I liked the presentation. Shorter length helped make the video more focused and thus more informative about main gameplay styles, mechanics, skill trees, and inventory. And that's what I was most interested in this close to game release.

Awww yiss. This was great! The Jojo fanclub - I mean, the Animals look pretty darn awesome and the Voodoo bois look fittingly shady.

Great thing they confirmed nonlethal viability and the skill-perk insight is very welcome.

Militech guard has one, Meredith Stout's bodyguard from the 48min video, during the lie detector job.

That's a .50 Action Express caliber.

By the way, I agree about the gunplay.
It's also dissapointing that they almost always shoot the weapons without aiming down sights ( weapons have red dot sights added and they don't even seem to use them) and despite that there's no recoil.

Also this time the graphics looked 100% current gen.

And I'm now sure I don't want to play a Solo. Brute force like that really isn't my thing. Stealth and creativity are way more up my alley, and those Netrunner ways of handling things looked really cool. :D

And I'm now sure I don't want to play a Solo. Brute force like that really isn't my thing. Stealth and creativity are way more up my alley, and those Netrunner ways of handling things looked really cool. :D
Yeah, you and me both.

I kinda want the arms just for aesthetics, but something tells me I'll need high strength to get anything chrome like that.

@Mybrokenenglish @kofeiiniturpa

Slightly good news? There is DEFINITELY no levelled equipment; period. Unless it's hidden. There are rarity tiers, but that's certainly the lesser of two evils for me.

Also, there is a clothing layering system. I see jacket and shirts, at least. Plus pants and shoes. Separate slots for all.
Could have been worse but also could have been better: my feedback is here :)

The video itself was terrible though.

Top Bottom