Gameplay Stream Announcement

+
I never expected a turn based game. But the removal of the social skill of humanity the mistaking of the solo from a trained soldier to basically Rambo and things like double jump the magic potion of sandsquatch that things actually destroy the spirit of cyberpunk.

They insisted this is an rpg first and foremost and at the same time all skills are just combat related.
They said we would create our character from the ground up but V has little dialogue option is a fixed character and many time it talks with no player imput.

Heck even fallout 4 has social perks that may be not very important but they are there.

This game play just like an open ended dynamic shooter not an rpg.

There was double jump in last year's demo and that's because of legs cyber ware, which makes sense. Sandsquatch does not use magic, she uses steroids, I don't see anything wrong with it. About the social skills thing... I don't like it either, but I hope humanity at least is still there.

I still like the game, I like cyberpunk genre and this represents its spirit very well, but this video shows nothing. I think we still know too little to be disapointed

There was double jump in last year's demo and that's because of legs cyber ware, which makes sense.
To be fair, cyber-enhanced legs would explain a higher single jump, not a double jump, which is basically pushing off of nothing to reach greater heights. That's just Mario stuff...:ohstopit:

Since when steroids make you immortal or resistant to bullets?
Subdermal armor is a thing in cyberpunk, and the double jump thing I agree is arcade, but also too much of a small detail. I also forgot they said people will judge you based on your clothing and hairstyle, which is kind of a social skill...

I just hope cool also works as social skill, keeping calm under pressure can also be useful for conversation, not just for holding your breath while you aim a sniper rifle.

Subdermal armor is a thing in cyberpunk,
it is (skinweave), it has nothing to do with steroids and it has nothing to do with the magic bottle on her back (after V destroys it she becomes killable). The juice is supposed to be for strenght, not bulletproof skin.

As I said in a previous post, royce made sense (first you destroy his shield then you can kill him), the same concept is not fine with sasquatch.

I am watching the demo again today from the official source in 4k and I think that this time V wasn't playing as a strong or a fast solo...
He was playing as an Aged solo, instead of Kiroshi optics he was equipped with cataracts.

OT: I have been very critical of CP2077 lately, and I wish to dial it back a little. Not because of this stream, but because I believe CP2077 will be "good enough" for me to enjoy. The little flashes that this stream showed, just fortify my opinion. CP2077 won't be the second coming of Jesus, but a good enough game.

I didn't need to be sold the game because I have already preordered it, and that's a good thing because this trailer did a pretty poor job selling me the game. The pathological need of cutting away anything remotely resembling a spoiler left the trailer in tatters. It looked basically a slideshow of animated slides. However, it did fill the minimum criteria of showing us stuff we hadn't seen before, and a glimpse of two different playstyles. The bare minimum.. That's kind of a recurring theme lately.

I even got a little piece of something I wanted in there, something that I wonder if it was inserted there following a thread of complaints I did last winter: when I complained how little V opposed the gorilla in the Stout encounter during 2018 trailer. In this video V snatches his hand away when Placide tries to plug into him, showing that he just doesn't quietly take all the shit thats handed to him.

Offtopic: The Sasquatch encounter. At first it looked like Sasquatch was every bit the bullet sponge boss that people were afraid of, but in the end V disabled her by destroying the thingie on her back (kind of like Batman and Bane). So instead of a bullet sponge boss, we got a boss-mechanic boss, which I guess is the best we can hope for. No way were these encounters going to end up as something ground breaking... At the very least the devs pointed out that you can circumvent the entire fight if you so choose... that's more important.

ps. All I ask is that they release the image of the Nomad background as a wallpaper... the way did with the other kind of backgrounds. The nomad image isn't hosted anywhere yet to my knowledge. Point it out to me if Im wrong.

Top Bottom