Player Body Types in Cyberpunk 2077

+
So it seems the body types for this game have finally been revealed, gender non binary 1 and gender non binary 2 with no real sliders to customize these body types further. Don't get me wrong I was kind of expecting this to be the case as when you introduce variable sliders to body types clipping issues between various items of clothing become more pronounced and CDPR look more focused on getting everything looking the best it can be and avoiding those clipping issues at the expense of customization, however with the variance in the body types of many of the other characters shown so far I was kind of hoping that the player would get a little more choice in their character's body type other than the lithe body type shown so far.

I mean sure the body type makes sense if the character is an agile hacker but if you are going for the strong solo type it does not make as much sense for that body type to be manhandling members of the animals gang who are much bigger than you and even going toe to toe with an absolute unit like Sasquatch. Was kind of hoping for a little more option regarding body types.

In fact I do have to say I am a little concerned about customization in general, I know not everything has been shown however when you look at some of the more unique character models such as the massively roided up Sasquatch or the maelstrom gang with half their face missing due to having their eyes replaced with big glowing optical sensors it would be a little bit of a letdown if the only option we have is to play as a Gap clothing model with a little bit of surface wiring showing through.

I mean reading through the source material with all the potential exotic cosmetic mods such as chrome skins and the ability to turn your character into a furry it would be nice to see some of the more bizzare and unique options be made available to the player instead of just being limited to NPC characters. I know game design is an expensive process and only so much can be done, however there are a lot of people looking forward to the customization options in the game (despite a lack of 3rd person), is there anyone able to confirm there will be more exotic customization options or at the very least let us down gently and temper our expectations regarding customization?

That said I will say the underwear at least is looking a little more comfortable now, so kudos for that!

It's been mentioned (but not 100% verified) that the body/face customization in the demos is limited compared to what will be in the final game. How much more limited ... *shrugs".

This is not at all what they mean when they say choose between two body types, you guys know that, right? There's a whole section in CC for your body.

When they say two body types, they are basically saying "pick male or female," but in a more trans-friendly way. You can then adjust your body further (mixing and matching body parts) at will. I'm certain this contains SOME level of actual "body type" customization, I.E. chubbier, skinnier, muscular or not, etc.

No need to worry.

There seems to be a lot of " The sky is falling " here , i know some of people are disappointed with the Deep Dive but lets not forget this is CDPR .

This is not at all what they mean when they say choose between two body types, you guys know that, right? There's a whole section in CC for your body.

When they say two body types, they are basically saying "pick male or female," but in a more trans-friendly way. You can then adjust your body further (mixing and matching body parts) at will. I'm certain this contains SOME level of actual "body type" customization, I.E. chubbier, skinnier, muscular or not, etc.

No need to worry.
They have said that and until proven otherwise I believe them but a lot of stuff has changed and they always seem to glaze over the CC in videos I'd love to see a more in depth look at it and answer all the questions once and for all.

This is literally what the new "body type" is. It replaces the choice of gender. That is fine.
The choice between "playstyles" seems to be demo only, it makes little sense in live game.

What I and others are worried about is the level of customization, since this demo shows very little of what we wanted to see, therefore defeating the purpose of a demo.

No need to worry.
That's pretty cool. I'm still curious if we can have this during character creation
-Female physical body
-Male reproductive organs
or
-Male AND Female reproductive organs at the same time like Japan's Futanari which is a really interesting cultural thing they get major credit for coming up with. Really cool.

I want to try and recreate Schrodinger from Hellsing Ultimate (probably my favorite anime ever)
Yes, the nazi bad guys get defeated in the end
Post automatically merged:

What I and others are worried about is the level of customization, since this demo shows very little of what we wanted to see, therefore defeating the purpose of a demo.
I do also agree with this, and it makes me very stressed out.

It's been mentioned (but not 100% verified) that the body/face customization in the demos is limited compared to what will be in the final game.

Even in the past developers promised a lot of stuff for their games, and in the end most of that don't make to the game.

It would be much better they show CC more in depth, like this they say one thing about CC, and you see totally different things and that just bring confusion and worries.

Even in the past developers promised a lot of stuff for their games, and in the end most of that don't make to the game.

It would be much better they show CC more in depth, like this they say one thing about CC, and you see totally different things and that just bring confusion and worries.
I hope that it isn't, and don't believe this is the case, but I would kindly appreciate some clarification from CDPR.

Japan's Futanari which is a really interesting cultural thing they get major credit for coming up with. Really cool.

I want to try and recreate Schrodinger from Hellsing Ultimate

Futanari is just japanese for Hermaphrodite :D

And Schrodinger is male with cat ears :D

And Hellsing Ultimate is great :D
Post automatically merged:

I mean great if you can put penis on female character and make a transgender character:D i know my friend would make V like that just for fun, but till we see CC more in depth, all that talk about how CC is deep with so many options, is just that a talk.

Edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
Futanari is just japanese for Hermaphrodite :D
Oh, I guess your probably right. It still feels like Japan invented the concept though, but if anything they helped it become immensely popular, and did a good job helping people understand it and learn to appreciate it, especially because of how Japan, well, I mean, showed the world "Hey this is actually a legit thing" and then I and the rest of the world were like "Whoa! Cool!"

And Schrodinger is male with cat ears :D
Yea but if I had to use customization to create Schrodinger, I couldn't use the large big muscle body type since Schrodinger doesn't have that type of body. I would actually need to intentionally go out of my way to choose the (for the lack of a better term, and because I'm really not good at playing political safe/unsafe word-minefield, and in fact I'm terrible at it so I will just use words that I know to describe what I mean, since the alternative is being unable to communicate AT ALL, PERIOD. ahhhh) female or feminine body type, so that I'm able to customize a character that is as much like, as close as I can possibly get to making an accurate replica of Schrodinger in Cyberpunk2077. Cat ears though, that's gonna be very difficult unless CDProjektRed decides to add in exotics, but even then, it's possible the cat ears may not be the same style that Schrodinger does, so may end up giving him human ears, or possibly elf ears if that's do-able. Unfortunately no adorable female english speaking voice with german accent to give him. What I mean to say is that It's all about trying my best to construct this character, and I will use any combination of in game options/parts as I possibly can to achieve the best Schrodinger Cyberpunk2077 character possible. :)
And Hellsing Ultimate is great :D
Yeaaaa! :D

There's a BIG difference between the intentional over-hype most publishers engage in and a developer realizing something works "better" one way rather then another, or, during the course of development deciding some feature requires more time/effort then it's worth.

CDPR has repeatedly, REPEATEDLY, said these demos are not the final cut of the game, it's still in development. So 99% of the claims that people make about them lying about this or that are utter nonsense.

There's a BIG difference between the intentional over-hype most publishers engage in and a developer realizing something works "better" one way rather then another, or, during the course of development deciding some feature requires more time/effort then it's worth.

CDPR has repeatedly, REPEATEDLY, said these demos are not the final cut of the game, it's still in development. So 99% of the claims that people make about them lying about this or that are utter nonsense.
All hype aside, I have huge hopes and dreams for Cyberpunk2077. I actually really care deeply about customization for my character, their clothing, their body, their weapons, their home, their vehicles, etc. Those things matter to me because they deeply add to the immersion factor of the game. The more I can personalize it, the more Personal it becomes, and the more I can get into it and just escape into it and forget about the world around me and just really drink in the Cyberpunk2077 game universe.

Maybe, but the game is like what, seven months from release, right? And considering games go gold one to two months before release, that cuts it down to five months to get things finished. As I've said before, this game has been in development for years, and with mere months before they have to be done with coding and then apply the finishing polish to the game, the majority of the game is done and won't be changed, and in some instances can't be changed, not if they want to hit their release date target.

So the disclaimer for the new trailer "Everything is subject to change" probably isn't realistically true. Sure, some stuff can be tweaked but a lot of it can't be changed at this point.

I actually really care deeply about customization for my character, their clothing, their body, their weapons, their home, their vehicles, etc. Those things matter to me because they deeply add to the immersion factor of the game.
I lament, and disagree with, a number of the choices CDPR has made with CP2077, but I don't trash them over these disagreements (not saying you specifically are, but many around here seem to be). Guess what, the game won't be perfect, it won't meet all our expectations, what else is new?

So the disclaimer for the new trailer "Everything is subject to change" probably isn't realistically true. Sure, some stuff can be tweaked but a lot of it can't be changed at this point.
True.

Major systems won't be changed. But new art, meshes, and textures can be added up until the last moment as they simply replace something that already exists. You can tweak (not design, tweak) combat mechanics till the last moment too (already released games do it all the time in patches). Can the totally revise the current driving mechanics, probably not, can they tweak the physics used in them, certainly. This is EXACTLY what "polishing a game" is.

Last edited:

I didn't say that CDPR is 100% lying, i just give example how game developer promised something during development or in interview, and in the end that never show up in final product.

Even now for many stuff when ask CDPR say: we are not sure, still work in progress, we don't know how that system will work and so on, 7 month before game come out.

But lets face it CDPR did say at one point you would be able to print your V sheet and use it in PnP CP2020, but that is not case anymore.

Top Bottom