The graphics

+
Cyberpunk 2077 - Old Graphics VS New Graphics

I am a PC gamer and I expect same experience like the trailers of the game.

I have got The Witcher 1, 2, 3, but now I am going to cancel my preorder copy of this game.

With The Witcher 3 I felt cheated with the downgrade, now I feel cheated again, I hate that a company lie us, CD Project Red you have lost a loyal customer.

The downgrade is real, this company now is like Ubisoft.

That's a bit dramatic tbh. They slapped a big "does not represent final version" on their previous videos and that's exactly what happened, it wasn't representative of the final product. Not like you are seeing the downgrade only after receiving your game. What you're seeing is a development process based on which you can change your decision any time you want. They never cheated you, never even lied. It was the same with the witcher 3.

They might be also trying to be more careful this time with showing the game at full specs after all the Witcher 3 controversy.

i hope we get a good graphic like the witcher 3 ( at least ) not like this trailer ( i really hate to say this but the graphic i saw in trailer was kinda sucks )
but you know i believe CPR .. they can fix this

"Optimization" like in witcher 3 lol?
Yeah. Why do you think they had to drop the visual fidelity of The Witcher 3? They had to make it work on consoles and weaker PC's. Sometimes you can upgrade the performance by removing bugs and such, but it not always works out like that, sometimes all you can do is start cutting and altering visual features.

Yeah. Why do you think they had to drop the visual fidelity of The Witcher 3? They had to make it work on consoles and weaker PC's. Sometimes you can upgrade the performance by removing bugs and such, but it not always works out like that, sometimes all you can do is start cutting and altering visual features.
So they failed with w3 and will make that mistake again?
Even Ubisoft don't do this, and graphics in their games looks stunning

They might be also trying to be more careful this time with showing the game at full specs after all the Witcher 3 controversy.
This is possible. They might still be seeing how far they can push the visuals, so better to show it on the low end just to be safe.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Old Graphics VS New Graphics

I am a PC gamer and I expect same experience like the trailers of the game.

I have got The Witcher 1, 2, 3, but now I am going to cancel my preorder copy of this game.

With The Witcher 3 I felt cheated with the downgrade, now I feel cheated again, I hate that a company lie us, CD Project Red you have lost a loyal customer.

The downgrade is real, this company now is like Ubisoft.

I just don't see it. Only the light conditions are different. Same in-engine models, same textures, slightly different color grade. You're probably not familiar with the difference between nicely set-up lighting scenarios in film(which are used in video games now) vs actual lighting that varies IRL(and it's not all pretty). Also there's that optimization for low-end cards. Take note that this isn't a strictly action-adventure game like The Last of Us that could push visuals in current hardware because of minimum mechanics.
This is an RPG, it has many many gears that along-side visuals, needs to be balanced out. And not many RPGs look this good.

That said, i do wish they had taken inspiration to RDR2's global lighting because it looked good in most in-game scenarios, though not always in cutscenes. And they need to work on the cast shadows of NPCs because in 2018 it looked glitchy in areas without direct sunlight.
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
I expected it to be downgraded from 2018 demo. It's always the case. But I don't think it looked bad. Platform parity holds visuals back, since consoles are the priority platform for CDPR and current gen consoles can handle only so much, but I won't be surprised if CP77 is being created with the mind for next-gen consoles too.

In the end, art direction is much more important than polygon count.

TW3 was the best open world looking game to my eyes I had played at that point in time. I've never found my self thinking, "Oh no! It might only look like TW3!!! The Horror!" That game still looks good 4 years later, even if there are a few other open world games that look better now. So if it gets "downgraded" like TW3 ... yay? That game looked really good overall.

Cyberpunk 2077 will look good too. Will there be moments where things are rough? Yes. It's an open world game. They all look rough at certain points. Even RDR2 had some rough moments. Will 2077 look as good as a trailer every moment? No. Is that reason to panic? No.

How is it a lie if they're showing the very gameplay you claim as proof 7 and 1/2 months before the game is released? If they were maliciously trying to hide the graphics from you, then they probably wouldn't be showing the footage you claim as "proof" in their promotional material ... right? Sigh.

Last edited:
Watch the last gameplay video of Cyberpunk:

Min 10:18 the quality of Keanu Reaves is awful. All is most poor than the first gameplay.

Now watch the first gameplay:

All the gameplay now looks more rich and more clean. Everything is sharper and the textures have more quality.

I The Witcher 3 was the same history, they lied in the trailers and when the game was in the streets and the people talked about the downgrade, CD Project said that they did this to be able to put The Witcher 3 in consoles.

What is the excuse now?, the consoles again, and fuck the PC.

Liars :(
Post automatically merged:

No, they are cheating with a product that they know that you never get, and they know that is imposible to have this graphics, but they do it to win more visibility in media.

This is the definition of lie.

You watch some of this trailers before you get the game, but when you play the game, you never watch this on it. If the game doesn't look like this, don't show it, show the real game.

How are they lying if they just showed the "downgrade" to you before release?

Do not accuse developers of lying - or anyone else. That lacks respect, which is one of our Rules. If you have an issue with something they said, that's fine, but no one here gets to say anyone else is a liar.

Do not repeat and recycle old arguments and issues to no good end. This has only the effect of giving you a soapbox for your issues. If you wish to make an argument or prove a point, do so, then rebut. If you go around and around in a circle, your posts will be deleted as lacking and the posters will also have action against their account.

We did this years ago with one of the highest-rated, visually stunning games ever in the infamous Downgrade thread(s). They served no valuable purpose and caused a lot of harm and upset.

That won't happen again.

Anyone stirring the pot and using words like "liars" "cheating" and personally attacking anyone else - or any companies - will be met with account action.

Be polite. Be friendly. This is a game, not your life. Treat other people here well. Those are the Rules.

Fella probably means in comparison to the Keanu reveal or in comparison to the 2018 demo. Ingame Keanu model certainly looks simpler.

It's the same narrative that was with Witcher 3. The game looked differently on reveal, on first gameplay demonstrations a year later and on release. Graphics regressed.

But all this is moot, because all CP77 videos had "not the final look, wip" disclaimer. All bets are off. Now, if company representatives claim there was no downgrade - that's another issue and I can see how it can rub people wrong. Considering that the graphics was obviously simplified as development progressed.

Top Bottom