FPP only cutscenes might be a deal-breaker for me

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently on CD Projekt's discord, Lilayah says they have never talked about cutscene or a possible change of directions about them.
I'm on discord right now. They indeed said they didn't talk about cutscenes. But they said they "won't talk about it"

It's not a deal breaker for me because the game is much more than just seeing your character in cutscenes.

But this is very disappointing news for me. Like, what's the point of choosing anything beyond voice+body type (male/female)? What's the point of picking tattoos, scars, the cyber markings on the face, hair, eye color etc. etc.? What's the point of any of that shit? My character could look like Bradley Cooper or Scarlett Johansson or like Quasimodo or a water hag at this point, why should I even care what they look like?

Some cutscenes work great in first person like when Royce shoves a gun in your face and tells you you reek of Militech. Others not so much. You can't convince me the scene where V wakes up in the morning in the 2018 demo is better in first person.

Seems like such an odd choice given all the talks coming from CDPR regarding customizing your character's looks. It's starting to sound more and more like a technical limitation rather than an artistic choice :shrug:

To be honest I'm really excited by this news. The potential of this choice places the gameplay on a whole other level of depth.

I see similarities with God of War, the idea that it can be a sort of "sequence shot" without interruptions caused by visual changes, thanks to the interactive dialogues that act as cutscenes, it excites me somewhat... I can't wait to try it, I hope they don't change their mind because it looks fantastic

I'm waiting for further confirmation on this, but if does end up being true (no TPP in cutscenes), then it will be disappointing to me.

Honestly this dampens my enthusiasm with the character customization aspect of the game. Also makes their recent announcement of expanding the character creation options a lot less impactful to me. If I’m only seeing my character in the inventory menu and while driving (and maybe some in-game mirrors?) then I don’t really see why I should spend much time on customizing my character the way I want, including clothing and armor, if I’m barely going to see my character.

And I realize that not everyone cares about visual character customization, and that’s fine, but to me, seeing my custom character in cutscenes interacting with the world and NPCs actually enhances my immersion in the game much more than a fixed FPP. It’s a reminder of who my character is in the game and what I look like as I interact with the world.

I’m just hoping this wasn’t something cut for time. I would gladly see CDP spend more time making this game to be as close to their vision as feasible. I just don’t want to see “when it’s ready” turn into “the game has to be finished by April 2020 by any means necessary”.

And I hope this is just some misunderstanding and doesn't end up being true, but I just wanted to share my thoughts on this on the official forums.

To be honest I'm really excited by this news. The potential of this choice places the gameplay on a whole other level of depth.

I see similarities with God of War, the idea that it can be a sort of "sequence shot" without interruptions caused by visual changes, thanks to the interactive dialogues that act as cutscenes, it excites me somewhat... I can't wait to try it, I hope they don't change their mind because it looks fantastic
I find a nice cover..if I were you..:sneaky:

some of their reasoning of why its first person doesn't make sense- "its first person because you are V." Okay, but V has a voice actor and a personality of their own and not everyone will be immersed by it; that only works if its a silent protagonist. V 100% does seem to have her/his own personality so it really doesn't make sense for ALL cutscenes and dialogue to be in first person. I want some freaking cutscenes like the apartment cutscene; THAT is immersive to me.

I was a bit disappointed to hear this as well since the cutscenes in TW3 added a lot to the game. But it's a FP game to begin with guys. Fewer TP cutscenes won't change much.

Yeah, people here could kill me for what I said lol, but I seriously see a search for innovation that could raise the bar on the RPG and open-world genre
the issue with that, is...not everyone like or can handle first person view .

So it would kinda close a door to many who don't want that .

It has its place, but I wouldn't want every game to turn in 1st person view .

God of War isn't an RPG. If you want to play an action game, play an action game. Don't change an RPG.

I remember playing Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls games. FPP work very well there, TPP was super shitty. So i don't care if it's TPP or FPP, CD Projekt must make a choice between those 2 perspectives, both is NOT an option because both will be mweh.

Remember GTA V which was build for TPP and they added FPP, same thing. Didn't run smooth and was weird AF to play.

God of War isn't an RPG. If you want to play an action game, play an action game. Don't change an RPG.
RPG =/= cutscene in the third person

However I have considered God of War because it is the only game with a characteristic that more or less approaches it, the genre has nothing to do with what I wanted to say.

Apparently on CD Projekt's discord, Lilayah says they have never talked about cutscene or a possible change of directions about them.
BS. That's what all this controversy is about right now on reddit, gamefaqs, twitter, and here. They freaking said the other day on twitter all cutscenes are FPP including sex scenes.

These guys don't know what they're doing, that or social community managers need to stop spouting nonsense.

Still excited about the game but yeah, I hate how they're pushing the character customization but now we're barely going to be able to even see our character at all... Makes no sense to me.

I think it'd be nice if they at least add a 3rd person mode for when you're exploring, but you're only allowed to use it when walking/running/sprinting around. And as soon as you pull a gun out or start talking to somebody it goes back to 1st person.

This way they wouldn't have to create a ton of animations for things other than walking and running around but we still get to see our character whenever we want. And I don't think it would take more than 7 months to make it happen.

I remember playing Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls games. FPP work very well there, TPP was super shitty. So i don't care if it's TPP or FPP, CD Projekt must make a choice between those 2 perspectives, both is NOT an option because both will be mweh.

Remember GTA V which was build for TPP and they added FPP, same thing. Didn't run smooth and was weird AF to play.

What absolute nonsense. Switching perspective works perfectly in those games and Cyberpunk wouldn't be the first FPS game to have TPP cutscenes. You're talking complete bollocks.

Even TPP just for Melee fight would be easy to make, but no cutscenes in tpp is big big fuck up, who care about mirrors and selfie mod, if i want screen shoot i have print screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom