Unofficial Cyberpunk 2077 FAQ!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Can the devs discuss how does character level affect your gameplay? Are all NPCs fixed level or do they scale? Are there level-gated areas? Will level restrict where you can go? Etc.

2. Does the game have an end? If you progress enough in the story, will it at some point simply end, leaving restart with a different character as the only option? Or can you keep living in the game world?

3. You said earlier that you plan for Cyberpunk becoming a franchise. Does this mean that in subsequent games we can continue playing with the same V we create here?

4. Is there an upper limit to how far we can develop V? Or will V be able to learn and gain everything eventually, skyrim-style?

i was just watching the trailer. Do u guys still think there will be full nudity becuz the character creation show them wearing underwears and i just really hope there would be full nudity

I am fairly certain there will be regional censorship due to certain countries laws. As in, you can see full nudity if its possible for your region.

i just really hope there would be full nudity

I am with you on the full nudity and I really want third person view on those cutscenes... or Modding enabled quickly after release. If I have to pay for a cybernetic penis enhancement , I want to see the damn thing! (I am stating this for a friend)

1. Can the devs discuss how does character level affect your gameplay? Are all NPCs fixed level or do they scale? Are there level-gated areas? Will level restrict where you can go? Etc.
Its been said that enemies in some areas are higher level than others. So it's more of a soft gate like TW3. You can go there, you just might get owned. NPC levels are fixed there is no level scaling.

Your other questions I do not know the answers to.

2. Does the game have an end? If you progress enough in the story, will it at some point simply end, leaving restart with a different character as the only option? Or can you keep living in the game world?
According to Alvin Liu, UI designer, this is something they still debate over. One thing confirmed to be worked on is definitely New Game+ mode.

3. You said earlier that you plan for Cyberpunk becoming a franchise. Does this mean that in subsequent games we can continue playing with the same V we create here?
I doubt they are planning details of the future games that far ahead. They will release 2077 first, then they will think about what the future titles are going to be like.

4. Is there an upper limit to how far we can develop V? Or will V be able to learn and gain everything eventually, skyrim-style?
New Game+ mode supposed to allow player to keep his skills, while at the same time giving him a possibility to follow different direction in terms of character development, which implies that it won't be possible to max everything in a single playthrough.

According to Alvin Liu, UI designer, this is something they still debate over. One thing confirmed to be worked on is definitely New Game+ mode.

Well if my input has any value: I would greatly prefer there not being an end. That I could, if I wanted, still remain in the world and finish minor dialogs and stuff, just wander the world. This would enhance the feeling that the world is a real, living place, and not just a TV show that has a beginning and an end and I just happened to look through the eyes of the main character. If I stop playing, it will be my own decision, not someone elses. I won't feel "oh bugger, now it ended." disappointment.
This also allows a more seamless continuation if there ever will be an expansion pack or similar. (which I would prefer compared to a second game, as you could easily just keep using the same engine and all)

Well if my input has any value: I would greatly prefer there not being an end. That I could, if I wanted, still remain in the world and finish minor dialogs and stuff, just wander the world. This would enhance the feeling that the world is a real, living place, and not just a TV show that has a beginning and an end and I just happened to look through the eyes of the main character. If I stop playing, it will be my own decision, not someone elses. I won't feel "oh bugger, now it ended." disappointment.
This also allows a more seamless continuation if there ever will be an expansion pack or similar. (which I would prefer compared to a second game, as you could easily just keep using the same engine and all)
This is what they did with the Witcher 3, this is what most open-world RPGs do. Until told otherwise, I'll be assuming that it will be the case here, too.

I am fairly certain there will be regional censorship due to certain countries laws. As in, you can see full nudity if its possible for your region.

ummmm im am in us, is that ok?

1. i want to know what are the cybernetics of the strong solo arms in the new trailer, the one that expands to help u open doors and the metal colored finger tips.
2.can u have mantis blades with the strong solo arms becuz i really want both

1. i want to know what are the cybernetics of the strong solo arms in the new trailer, the one that expands to help u open doors and the metal colored finger tips.
2.can u have mantis blades with the strong solo arms becuz i really want both
1. Gorilla Arms, I believe.
2. Probably. There appears to be perks dedicated to Mantis Blades in the demo. We'll see, though.

thank u very much ive been wondering that for a long time, do u think i can change the color of gorilla arms?
Yes, I think color changes will be possible. In the Sneak Peek, female V has red arms, and in the new demo, she has skin-colored ones.

Hello everyone!

I just pre-ordered the physical copy of the game (PS4) for my friend as a birthday present, but there is one problem - we are from Russia and I bought the game with russian localization (I suppose) and my friend HATES playing with russian dub or russian translation, my question is - will there be an option to choose english dub? How it was with Witcher? Anyone knows o_o

edit: ok I figured there is russian-speaking forum, I'll go there

I just pre-ordered the physical copy of the game (PS4) for my friend as a birthday present, but there is one problem - we are from Russia and I bought the game with russian localization (I suppose) and my friend HATES playing with russian dub or russian translation, my question is - will there be an option to choose english dub? How it was with Witcher? Anyone knows o_o

edit: ok I figured there is russian-speaking forum, I'll go there
I'm not a 100% sure on localization, but would be surprised if English isn't available there.

Hi, I've got a question that does not concern the game directly, more a concern toward copyright rules and usage of CDPR Youtube material to illustrate an amateur video about the cyberpunk genre. I thought I wouldn't need to start a new thread for that. So :

What'll be my video about :
- An essay on the following : Can we still re-invent the cyberpunk genre ? (every media including videogames, but the subject is more centered in the cinema since this'll be made for a French small cinema club channel, as a voluntary participation, no company status of any sort).

My questions :
- Can we use parts of Cyberpunk 2077 channel videos as for illustrating some points in our Youtube video ?
- Can we make listen to a part of a Refuse's CP77 title in the video too ? As for an intro or outro for example ?
- (curiosity question) : How do you manage to deal with extracts and copyright claims on Youtube, if that's not personal ?

(Every extract will be credited by source material names and links.)
(I don't mind at all if CDPR claims the video content to get the monetization from it. I never monetize my videos.)

Hi, I've got a question that does not concern the game directly, more a concern toward copyright rules and usage of CDPR Youtube material to illustrate an amateur video about the cyberpunk genre. I thought I wouldn't need to start a new thread for that. So :
You should be alright I think. Check CDPRs video policy at https://cdprojektred.com/en/videopolicy to be sure. Basically it says feel free to use their games for content so long as you "neither charge users to view your work nor sell or license it to others in exchange for any kind of payment." There are a couple other nuances ... but that's the gist of it.

Seems clear, effectively. I wasn't sure about the songs, though, but being a part of the game, I'll give it a try.
Thanks for answering ! :)

the game is getting closer, im still wondering if u can strip to butt naked in inventory no underwears because this game apparently won't shy away from things like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom