FPP only cutscenes might be a deal-breaker for me

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what your definition about RPG is, but generally, hardcore RPG fans are not consider Elder Scrolls (especially Oblivion and Skyrim) and Baldur's gate as true RPGs.

That's why I said I'll expect, I never said something like these two are most hardcore RPG ever existed nor all RPG fans considers them as a true RPG.

Big problem with FPP/TPP threads in CP2077 are non stop FPP is better TPP is better, other problem and i don't mean to offend anyone, CDPR fans who don't accept that CDPR doing something wrong/can do something wrong and that othe people have different opinions and preferences.

You can see that on CP2077 reddit, facebook, youtube videos, even this forum, if you have different opinion and don't agrea with CDPR even little they all jump and start to call you whiney bitch, spoiled brat, ungratfull idiot......

Is FPP only in CP2077 disappointment for me, yes it is, i like TPP much more like i said million time before, it is more alive for me more immersive i am more connected to my character, so next best thing was TPP cutscenes, and now if they are once in a while and that mean 1 or 2 on every 50 hour of gameplay, that is nothing.

Like for many Mirrors, Photo mod and driving, also don't mean nothing to me, i respect that all have different opinion and preferences, if you like FPP great good for you have fun, but don't force me to like that as well if i have different opinion on that.
I agree with you, you see when I see comments like your it still raises the question about their leadership, they said they want to make a game "inclusive" a game for everyone to play. Why not have the option to play tpp? but they changed the genre, its not an RPG anymore. Its action adventure, like GTA. So I don't expect it to be as deep as skyrim or divinity original sin. Therefore, its not my favorite genre to play, so I might wait a bit, maybe a year for it to go on sale. Just my standard practice. shame i actually really wanted to support them fully.

Gotta say, this move really ticked me off. Not a dealbreaker, but still.

"Full immersion" is such a weird one for me. Like, what do the developers want? For me to forget I'm playing a video game? I get that immersion is important for world building and storytelling, both of which is what is making CP2077 the game it is, so the most immersion you can get is optimal. I get it. Is this the way to do it though?

I've been really looking forward to sinking my teeth into the character creation, and it feels like it's getting taken away from me.

They've said nothing about that. What they've said is that the game will be primarly FPP. Never said anything about amount of cut scenes till now.

Wait a minute. They did not?!? But couple posts before you yourself have said this:

The game was created like this (FPP only, very small amount of TPP cut scenes) at least since the decision to go full FPP

So how was it? You just ASSUMED this?
But you just said this:

People just assumed that we will have TPP cut scenes in plenty, for some reason, even if the first presentation clearly showed that not be the case. It's not the CDPR fault that people assume that there is only one way to make a game.

So its ok when you are assuming some things but not ok when other people are assuming other things? A little bit unfair if you ask me.

That's why I said I'll expect, I never said something like these two are most hardcore RPG ever existed nor all RPG fans

Expect or not, you already categorized those two series into RPG that you want cyberpunk should be. Yes?

And you said hard core RPG fans, in that standard, Cyberpunk 2077 is already more of an RPG than Elder Scrolls and Baldur's Gate. Because those two games are very linear game. And don't quite reactive to your action.

Why do you think ES and BG are more RPG than Cyberpunk?

Last edited:
They've said nothing about that. What they've said is that the game will be primarly FPP. Never said anything about amount of cut scenes till now. People just assumed that we will have TPP cut scenes in plenty, for some reason, even if the first presentation clearly showed that not be the case. It's not the CDPR fault that people assume that there is only one way to make a game.
People probably assumed that because that was one of the things CDPR used as something to placate people who wanted a third-person perspective in various interviews.

Frankly, unless there's full animation, seeing us pick up everything and manipulate everything with our hands like in first person Red Dead Redemption 2, and not the lame cursor prompts like we saw in last year's trailer, CDPR has already blown their chance to reach this maximum level of immersion they seem obsessed with.

Expect or not, you already categorized those two series into RPG that you want cyberpunk should be. No?

And you said hard core RPG fans, in that standard, Cyberpunk 2077 is already more of an RPG than Elder Scrolls and Baldur's Gate. Because those two games are very linear game. And don't quite reactive to your action.

Why do you think ES and BG are more RPG than Cyberpunk?
It totally depends of what you expect from a RPG... While I agree with you that Cyberpunk is probably more RPG than TES, I disagree for Baldur's Gate.
Baldur's Gate have a more 'tactical' combat, and feature a full team/companion management.
When Behtesda downgraded Fallout 2 into a bland shooter with Fallout 3, it was OBVIOUS for everybody the 'RPG' aspect died.

For exemple I'm already concidering Mass Effect being more 'RPG' than Cyberpunk just because of these 2 key RPG feature strategic/tactical combat and team management(no matter it deph, as long as it's enable and meaningful.)

Wait a minute. They did not?!? But couple posts before you yourself have said this:

So how was it? You just ASSUMED this?
But you just said this:

So its ok when you are assuming some things but not ok when other people are assuming other things? A little bit unfair if you ask me.

Please stop. I assumed nothing. CDPR communicated long time ago that CP2077 will be a FPP-heavy RPG. Nothing more, nothing less. You obviously are unable to deal with it - your problem, not mine or CDPR one. Nobody lied to you (or anyone else), made false impressions or anything. Even more, CDPR told us to don't preorder if we are not 100% sure that we want to support them.

Last edited:
Why you compare BG and Cyberpunk ???? BG was made 22 years ago, he was limited by technology they have then.
Post automatically merged:

Funny after 2018 demo when people say that CP2077 is more FPS, CDPR said that is not true, that game is not FPS, and now on 15 minute gameplay demo on twitch one game tag was FPS, Shooter.

Last edited:
It totally depends of what you expect from a RPG... While I agree with you that Cyberpunk is probably more RPG than TES, I disagree for Baldur's Gate.
Baldur's Gate have a more 'tactical' combat, and feature a full team/companion management.
When Behtesda downgraded Fallout 2 into a bland shooter with Fallout 3, it was OBVIOUS for everybody the 'RPG' aspect died.

For exemple I'm already concidering Mass Effect being more 'RPG' than Cyberpunk just because of these 2 key RPG feature strategic/tactical combat and team management(no matter it deph, as long as it's enable and meaningful.)

Yeah, but BG has no choice whatsoever. There is almost always only one way to solve quests, finish the main story and so on. Also, if you check PnP RPG's there is no "companion management" there. Also, combat is not the primary aspect of RPG - it's role-playing.

It totally depends of what you expect from a RPG

Well, personally, I don't think so. RPG is always about role-playing. Not strategic combat or party management or something.

Old RPGs have tended to emphasize tactical aspect but it's simply because they couldn't deliver memorable story or adventure through that old hardwares and softwares on thay days.

So I think the core of RPG nowdays is choice and consequences(reactive world, character relationship, freedom of solving problem, etc.)

Please stop. I assumed nothing. CDPR communicated long time ago that CP2077 will be a FPP-heavy RPG. Nothing more, nothing less. You obviously are unable to deal with it - your problem, not mine or CDPR one. Nobody lied to you (or anyone else), made false impressions or anything. Even more, CDPR told us to don't preorder if we are not 100% sure that we want to support them.

Dude, I just have quoted you and you claiming that I can't deal with something? First you say something. Then you deny that. And when someone show you your own post, you are changing topic and telling them that they can't deal with something. Just spare me this nonsense, please.

"The game was created like this (FPP only, very small amount of TPP cut scenes) at least since the decision to go full FPP"<-------------------- this are your own words. You understand? I am quoting you here. It is you who have said that. And now you are saying that you didn't assumed nothing. Don't claim something if you later want to deny that. If CDPR didn't say anything about how many tpp cut scenes will be in the game, but you are claiming in YOUR OWN post that there will be "very small amount of TPP cut scenes", that means that you ASSUMED that. Do you even read your own posts?

Not good news for me. I don't play games for "immersion", I am not the character I play. I usually create female characters, they are not me, they are the characters I play their story with, the way I think it's best for that given character, be it an asshole or a nice person. I like cinematic storytelling the way Witcher 3 did and having everything in first person detracts from that for me. And even if it didn't, having sex scenes in first person, with some dude grunting and thrusting above my character in first person is not my idea of "immersion" anyway.

you know what i don't get? why can't they just do the following: if V stands idle for say 3 minutes during the game, the camera pulls out and just shows V standing there smoking a cigarette. how hard can it be to implement such a thing? don't even have to do walking animations or anything like that but that would be a simple mechanic you can trigger by yourself without having to search for mirrors to see your V in the environment and not just on a static menu screen. as soon as you press an arrow key it goes back to first person. i think this would literally make 80% of complainers happy.

it's one of those things that's almost so obvious to implement just like a custom radio station and a new game plus mode or a FOV slider that makes me scratch my head why a thing like that won't be in the game.

After reading the last few pages this thread seems to have turned into another FPP vs TPP
CDPR seems committed to the whole FPP thing and very unlikely to change their stance, which begs the question, what do people want at this point? 3rd person ain't happening, deal with it, unfollow the game and move on with your lives

After reading the last few pages this thread seems to have turned into another FPP vs TPP
CDPR seems committed to the whole FPP thing and very unlikely to change their stance, which begs the question, what do people want at this point? 3rd person ain't happening, deal with it, unfollow the game and move on with your lives
Or you could just as easily ignore these type of topics if they aren't your cup of tea...there's always that option. :whistle:

The game was created like this (FPP only, very small amount of TPP cut scenes) at least since the decision to go full FPP and nobody was bothered about that. Even more - everybody just loved the ripperdoc scene. But now plenty of people just rages, because they "assumed" they will get something completely different. Even worse, some of those are accusing CDPR of lying and insincerity, which is f... insane. While I understand that having concerns is perfectly normal, raging before seeing the final product is not.

Oh, and one more thing - for the "I'm canceling my preorder" crowd. CDPR told us politely: if you have any considerations and you are unsure if you will like this game, they don't pre-order. Just wait for the final game.

Well to be honest people never assumed things on nothing for istance many thing were said by cd projekt red that proved to be largely inaccurate over the time.

1) You will be able to print your character shreet to play in the pen and paper.

This was said during an interview time ago when the direction of the game was more close to the source material.

2) You will create your character from the ground up
This was an hidden message inside the video of the E3 sadly this proved to be untrue as V even if you can customise his appearance and sex is infact very defined as a character. So defined that in the demos we seen V speak on his or her own with no player imput and with his edgy personality.

3) Is an rpg first and foremost.
The team in past declared the game was an rpg first and foremost then changed it to be Mostly an RPG to then ending with the infamus change in twitter from roleplay to action adventure.

As you can see those are nost just simple assumptions. There was also a poster a while ago that were actually telling the game to be FPP/TPP.

So yes they changed everything in silence and expected people to be fine with it.

I know that when I heard that the cut-scenes were TPP I did assume that meant all would be, especially since that was basically told to players so those (like me) who were kind of disappointed in pure FPP would have some sort of happy medium. However, well... not the case, thus this thread.
Now we know there is TPP cutscenes but not as many as some of us assumed.

Also yeah CDPR wanted people to be sure if they really wanted to pre-order the game, some people did, then things... well changed or there was some sort of miscommunication.
The game seems to also have been defined from RPG to action-adventure and there is no doubt about that *Just according to their Twitter far as I know *

I found this tweet from last year:
Kind of ironic with the news of expanded character creator and switch to primary FPP game.

As for my opinion on the cutscenes and mission / zone establishing shots (if any) I would prefer TPP similar to the E3 cinematic trailer where V is getting out of the taxi and holstering his gun and then it switches to FPP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom