Multiplayer confirmed

+
I personally love this! we would be able to see each other's custom characters too. I hope they make it more COOP focused and keep it the open world as well.

Also LAN support, please.

The best example I can think of right now is the divinity 2 multiplayer, it got all the features right. And with a dedicated server and lan support, I think we could have modded servers which could double the fun.
I remember having a modded divinity original sin 2 multiplayer campaign and it was the most fun I have ever had.

The best example I can think of right now is the divinity 2 multiplayer, it got all the features right. And with a dedicated server and lan support, I think we could have modded servers which could double the fun.
I remember having a modded divinity original sin 2 multiplayer campaign and it was the most fun I have ever had.
That'd be fantastic.

Wonder how they will implement Kereznikov ability in multiplayer. In singleplayer, they do it via time dilation / bullet time but that wouldn't really work well with multiple players imo. Maybe some general speed boost (guns fire faster, player moves faster) - but the faster reflexes wouldn't be there (since you as the player wont have better reactions)...

Wonder how they will implement Kereznikov ability in multiplayer. In singleplayer, they do it via time dilation / bullet time but that wouldn't really work well with multiple players imo. Maybe some general speed boost (guns fire faster, player moves faster) - but the faster reflexes wouldn't be there (since you as the player wont have better reactions)...

Here is a video that was done by the Max Payne 3 Devs on the subject. The devs essentially made it where any NPC or person looking at the player who is using Kereznikov would be stuck in the time slow-mo, kind of like a 360 medusa head.

Max Payne 3: Solving the Challenge of Bullet Time in Multiplayer

Last edited:
My vote goes for Corp Wars, maybe even PVE style. You can do PVE missions against other players etc. Corp Wars is unique concept in game industry, only Cyberpunk can do it.

Here is a video that was done by the Max Payne 3 Devs on the subject. The devs essentially made it where any NPC or person looking at the player who is using kreznekov would be stuck in the time slow-mo, kind of like a 360 medusa head.

Max Payne 3: Solving the Challenge of Bullet Time in Multiplayer

Interesting. I watched the video but don't really understand how they actually implemented bullet time in Max Payne Multiplayer: he starts explaining at around 2:40 how they developed two dozen approaches, then explains what they didn't do, settled on a "line of sight system" - but somehow fails to mention what their solution is, specifically. Do you slow everyone in your line of sight? If you played their multiplayer, could you maybe elaborate a bit?

Interesting. I watched the video but don't really understand how they actually implemented bullet time in Max Payne Multiplayer: he starts explaining at around 2:40 how they developed two dozen approaches, then explains what they didn't do, settled on a "line of sight system" - but somehow fails to mention what their solution is, specifically. Do you slow everyone in your line of sight? If you played their multiplayer, could you maybe elaborate a bit?

The way it works is that only the people that can see the player are going to be affected by the bullet time. One way to explain is if anybody is looking at the player or is in his line of sight, they will be caught in his bullet time.
Another way to picture it is to imagine the player as a lamp or a light source, whatever that light touch is effected by the bullet time.

I'm sorry I can't explain it much better, here is a video of it an action if you want.

The way it works is that only the people that can see the player are going to be affected by the bullet time. One way to explain is if anybody is looking at the player or is in his line of sight, they will be caught in his bullet time.
Another way to picture it is to imagine the player as a lamp or a light source, whatever that light touch is effected by the bullet time.

I'm sorry I can't explain it much better, here is a video of it an action if you want.

Thank you, that helped me a lot understanding it better.

My vote goes for Corp Wars, maybe even PVE style. You can do PVE missions against other players etc. Corp Wars is unique concept in game industry, only Cyberpunk can do it.

I started to brainstorm my own idea. Basically basic PVE mission are assassination, bribery, kidnapping, blackmailing, spying, sabotage etc.

Then you woud need to make your own Corp stronger, hire guards, get smart staff, buy better armors and guns, maybe even get contacted to Cops who could help you, or Media, Nomads. etc. Yeah, they could throw all the roles in it too. You're the Corp Leader, access to all Roles, all Gangs, basically to everything, sounds fun to me. Its just how much money they want to throw at it.

Why would they make PVE of any kind in MP when they have Single player for that ??? most of MP games are about PVP.

Well, recent RPGs with cooperative multiplayer were quite well recieved, prime example is of course Divinity: Original Sin 1+2.

If you just want PVP or team PVP shooting in the world of Cyberpunk, sure. But if you want an actual story/rpg multiplayer, PVE also makes sense.

Last edited:
There was once a nice F2P FPS called Blacklight: Retribution.
I think it had TDM and had cyberpunk styled visuals.

But they shut down the servers this year I think.

That's the thing i am sure they do MP for PVP/team PVP shooting for money, add team deathmatch or battle royale and let money come to you.
Post automatically merged:

Plus PVP games with characters that have wide range of abilities and gadgets to play around is more fun, example i don't like counter strike, but i have great fun in Rainbow Six Siege, why r6 have wide range of gadgets and abilitys to play around each operative is different.

Just a reminder that there was one quote about what multiplayer might end up looking like:

CD Projekt has talked about multiplayer before. Now you have a release date set, can you confirm it will just be single-player at launch?
Sasko:
Yes, 100 per cent. We're not really working on multiplayer, our sole focus is single-player. We'll do that, then we'll see. We're not saying no but we're not saying yes. If something does happen it will definitely be post-launch and that's as much as I can say right now.

From the snippets we've seen of the Night City overworld, would something GTAO-style work?
Sasko:
There were some discussions in the studio but nothing we're actually working on, making it happen, testing. Possibly for the future.

Is there anything you'd avoid with multiplayer which might not feel authentic?
Sasko:
For sure, I mean we're known for good stories, amazing characters, choices and consequences. So this is something for sure we'd be going with, if anything happened regarding that. We'd avoid anything that's not that. If we do it, it'll be our style.

So personally I think the MP would be based around a story or questlines and be team oriented. Now whether that's PvE, PvP or both is still up for debate. Wither could work. You could do some fun story based around two teams working for two different corporation each trying to hack data from the others HQ. Would make for a nice spin on capture the flag style PvP. PvE would obviously work well too for story based missions where you and a team take on AI opponents in storylines.

Last edited:
Top Bottom