Greedfall: A weird Victorian/fantasy hybrid open-world RPG from Spiders

+
I wasn't dumping on it, the opposite actually. I love those sort of games and am super glad they still exist. I've never had a bad time with any "Eurojank" game out there.

The reason I use that term is because it describes a very specific type of game, that fills a certain niche and isn't ashamed to fill that niche.

Unfortunately, whether we wish to ignore it or not, these games also have a LOT of problems, problems that fans of the genre (myself included) ignore in favor of the good parts. But that doesn't mean the bad parts cease existing.
What bad parts? I fail to see the bad parts in the Shadow Warrior reboot, Ruiner, Witcher, This War of Mine, etc. Why do we always need Merica to develop AAA games?

What bad parts? I fail to see the bad parts in the Shadow Warrior reboot, Ruiner, Witcher, This War of Mine, etc. Why do we always need Merica to develop AAA games?

I'm not referring to those games and you know it. C'mon, Garrison. :rolleyes:

Eurojank isn't "any non-American game." It's European-made games that are buggy, have broken or semi-functional mechanics, funky combat systems, but at their core are really unique and special experiences (usually RPGs) that you can't find anywhere else. It's both a playful jab and a badge of honor.

"Eurojank" does not apply to Shadow Warrior, Ruiner, or the other games mentioned here.

I play very few AAA games these days. Almost zero, actually. Sims is still a soft spot for me from EA, though...

I'm willing to give it a shot, but as it's a Spiders game, I'm not expecting too much from it.

already brough my copy..

My reasoning ? They have a small team and not EA money and it can't be worse the MEA crap .

I can't wait! Woot!

Spiders and Focus Home Interactive are working on a new RPG, which was first revealed at E3 2019. I thought it looked interesting then, I think it looks even more interesting now. It is releasing on September 10, 2019, which is nice, because even if it's not the greatest game in the world, maybe it'll tide me over till other RPGs come out. It's $50, so it's not a full AAA title.

For those who don't know, Spiders is known for creating "eurojank"-style RPGs, similar to games like Risen, Gothic, etc.. Their games are rarely critical darlings, but they often pick up a strong, loyal fanbase who enjoys their work. Compared to their previous games, Greedfall does appear to be a large leap forward both visually (Animations/graphics) and in terms of gameplay, by giving players more ways to play, and more customization.

You can fight or talk your way through encounters, and one of the game's main features is a unique faction system.

There's also a tactical pause system, and it seems like weapons won't be levelled, but will have skill requirements (Firearms, Accuracy 2, etc.). There also seems to be a companion system as the inventory menu has a "change character" button.

To quote the official website:

Pre-orders are available now on Steam, assuming you like to pre-order games. If you do not, here's some other videos to pique (or demolish) your interest:

And some meaningless, but attractive art:

This game is going to be low key fire. I am getting this.

I didn't even heard of them before!

I mean, the only SPIDER I know is SPIDERWEB (They made the geneforge and Avernum Serie) . So was surprised, and happy! :D cose..rpg.......:love:

I like the way many people are reminded of the early Dragon Age games , hey i need something to play while i wait for CP2077 .

GreedFall looks better than I expected so far :D Some things scream AA production to me, especially in the graphics department (water not reacting to the characters’ movement, so-so textures, the range of facial animations), but they’re no deterrents, and not that being an AA production is something necessarily bad in my book, mind you. I liked the voice acting as well, notably the female De Sardet, she reminded me of another videogame voice acting that I enjoyed a lot: Ciri.

Overall, it looks very promising :ok:

After watching the 13 mins i can see early BioWare in it ME and DA , i loved the two companions talking while you explore .

Release on a few days away

I pre-ordered it. Generally I don't pre-order games until release, or under a week away. It prevents the company from getting my money too early and it still lets me get the bonuses. I treat it the same as buying something on day one.

Thanks for the video, by the way.

Top Bottom