FPP only cutscenes might be a deal-breaker for me

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
some of their reasoning of why its first person doesn't make sense- "its first person because you are V." Okay, but V has a voice actor and a personality of their own and not everyone will be immersed by it; that only works if its a silent protagonist. V 100% does seem to have her/his own personality so it really doesn't make sense for ALL cutscenes and dialogue to be in first person. I want some freaking cutscenes like the apartment cutscene; THAT is immersive to me.
If I can't make V chubby, 35 years old, and with a voice that sounds like a female version of Ben Stein then V 'aint me at all. XD I never understood the assertion that first person automatically equals "immersive" to some it does, but to me it's the opposite. I can get into and get lost in a game and story and world if I can see the protagonist rather than a pair of floating hands or a floating gun.

Can you explain to me why the game going to FPP suddenly means the game is not RPG anymore? I'm confused.
First, sorry for late reply. CDPR seems changed entire promotion of CP2077 to "FPP action game withRPG elements". Being FPP is not the problem.

That's why Become Human isn't RPG
Are you sure you did played the game? Because Markus and especially Connor's actions are determined by you unlike Kara, who only focused to save her skin and your choices can't change her intention of a "safer life". Just because you didn't created their face etc this doesn't change the fact that they're exactly "you" with some goals.

And again, why a game which provides you few pre-made characters but everything else is totally RPG can't be considered as a "true RPG"?

What do you think, how many TPP cutscene we will have in the end.
I think .... not many.
The intro, different ends and loading screen for the fast travel.
More TPP does not fit in a 100% FPP game, probably the reason why sex scenes are also in FPP.

Is it enough to be a deal-breaker? No, but it's definitely enough to wait on buying it now. Too many decisions made about this game over the years have been chipping away at the overwhelming desire I once had to play it when it was first announced. These days, that "overwhelming desire" has become more like "well, I still kinda want to see how it turns out eventually". I just won't be buying it until a really deep sale. CDPR doesn't want to give me what I want out of the game sort of in turn makes me not want to give them the asking amount they want for the game; if I can't fully enjoy the game, no reason to pay full price for it.

Off-topic posts deleted again. Do try to stick to the topic (FPP cutscenes) before more than deletions starts to happen.

Is it enough to be a deal-breaker? No, but it's definitely enough to wait on buying it now. Too many decisions made about this game over the years have been chipping away at the overwhelming desire I once had to play it when it was first announced. These days, that "overwhelming desire" has become more like "well, I still kinda want to see how it turns out eventually". I just won't be buying it until a really deep sale. CDPR doesn't want to give me what I want out of the game sort of in turn makes me not want to give them the asking amount they want for the game; if I can't fully enjoy the game, no reason to pay full price for it.
I totally agree with you, I am playing a game right now that is FPP but dialog is TPP, and I can see where CDPR is coming from. FPP focused make sense. Its missing something though playing in FPP is lacking. Yea deep sale or free for the weekend.

What do you think, how many TPP cutscene we will have in the end.
I think .... not many.
The intro, different ends and loading screen for the fast travel.
More TPP does not fit in a 100% FPP game, probably the reason why sex scenes are also in FPP.

Yeah, we probably went from like 98% FPP cutscenes to 100%. They're probably not changing a whole lot. I don't agree with it, but I'm over it.

I just hope they do it right. I rewatched the E32019 trailer again, and trying to imagine that entirely in FPP is kinda weird, especially the bit where V is being bludgeoned by the bodyguard. IMO that's gonna look awkward in first person, but there's a chance that gets removed or changed in some way by release.

Yeah, we probably went from like 98% FPP cutscenes to 100%. They're probably not changing a whole lot. I don't agree with it, but I'm over it.
100% would be all cutscenes, but they said there are still TPP cutscenes, just rare ("very occasionally")...

I just hope they do it right. I rewatched the E32019 trailer again, and trying to imagine that entirely in FPP is kinda weird, especially the bit where V is being bludgeoned by the bodyguard. IMO that's gonna look awkward in first person, but there's a chance that gets removed or changed in some way by release.
That trailer is a promotional CGI movie, not a cutscene. That would be like saying that the launch cinematic "A night to remember" for the Witcher 3 is a cutscene. I fully expect the events in the depicted in the 2019 trailer - if they are in game and my choices lead me to that moment - to not be railroaded that much in the game: how exactly the betrayal by dex goes down, the fight/struggle vs his bodyguard, allowing him to get behind you etc. In short, play instead of watch the scene using the directive scene system in FPP, without forcing such a long sequence of events on the player without the option to influence anything.

Last edited:
VtmB was like that, if your stats and weapons skill affect how shooting is aim, hit chance, damage, crit chance, it is RPG, you build character who is good at shooting, it have nothing to do with your personal skill.

Well no, you still have to aim and hit target (most of the time large). VtM:b had the classic "If you hit dead on, you do piddly damage because you are not good at shooting" mechanic.

Heres actually first person movie..

Sure you can do alot of fun and cool stuff with it. It comes down to developers, imho. Players want to cut CDPR's head without even seeing it.

First Person Sex Scenes are gonna be much more fun too,... no damn kissing and stuff, straight to the action. You cant really do intimacy with first person, whats only good in my book.

Last edited:
Heres actually first person movie..

Sure you can do alot of fun and cool stuff with it. It comes down to developers, imho. Players want to cut CDPR's head without even seeing it.

First Person Sex Scenes are gonna be much more fun too,... no damn kissing and stuff, straight to the action. You cant really do intimacy with first person, whats only good in my book.
Well, here's hoping CDPR's vision for Cyberpunk 2077 works out better than the vision for that movie...just sayin'.

I also hope the melee and ranged combat in CP2077 doesn't look as hectic and disjointed as it did in that movie. Maybe it's just me but because actual human vision in action isn't as jittery as the camera attached to the actor was, any attempt to pull me into the movie and "immerse" (there's that damnable "I" word again) me with the first person view failed. It's possible that because everything is animated instead of live-action, CP2077 won't suffer this issue, but the jury is still out on that...I need to see more of these first-person perspective cutscenes in action before passing judgment.

Well, here's hoping CDPR's vision for Cyberpunk 2077 works out better than the vision for that movie...just sayin'..

There should be enough cool styles, fashion, locations, cyberware to make it work. If you focus on details it might work out, just fine. First person is actually quite fun, you can go more deeper into details.

Last edited:
That trailer is a promotional CGI movie said:
Actually they said that CGI movie was the result of what happened in the 2018 demo if you decided to go full on and shoot your way in. Hence Dexter saying "we didn't need all this *********** attention" Its totally related to the actual game story. However I don't remember were I read it, so i'll have to dig it up if you want. Even so, they are promoting TPP with those videos. Did they not open preorders right after that 2019 video??? just saying maybe they should be upfront and show FPP Videos. Won't be as interesting I think.
Post automatically merged:

[QUOTE="That trailer is a promotional CGI movie, not a cutscene. That would be like saying that the launch cinematic."[/QUOTE]

Actually they said that CGI movie was the result of what happened in the 2018 demo if you decided to go full on and shoot your way in. Hence Dexter saying "we didn't need all this *********** attention" Its totally related to the actual game story. However I don't remember were I read it, so i'll have to dig it up if you want. Even so, they are promoting TPP with those videos. Did they not open preorders right after that 2019 video??? just saying maybe they should be upfront and show FPP Videos. Won't be as interesting I think.

Last edited:
Actually they said that CGI movie was the result of what happened in the 2018 demo if you decided to go full on and shoot your way in. Hence Dexter saying "we didn't need all this *********** attention" Its totally related to the actual game story.
Yes its story related & a possible outcome of a mission, but my point is: its not ingame graphics and not an ingame cutscene. This is a prerendered CGI promo trailer material - the game looks really good, but not THAT good.

Also, its not the result of what happened in the 2018 demo: that was about getting the spiderbot from maelstrom, its not related to the immortality chip mission which wasn't shown, only implied in the trailer.

However I don't remember were I read it, so i'll have to dig it up if you want. Even so, they are promoting TPP with those videos.
No, they are not promoting a perspective, they are promoting the game with this trailer. Like any trailer that doesn't show ingame graphics, its a movie to hook the audience about the world. Its not representative of ingame graphics, nor about actual gameplay. Basically every prerendered CGI trailer has movie format, no matter what actual gameplay or ingame perspective is used. Your argument would work with the 2018 E3 gameplay trailer, since they show ingame graphics TPP cutscenes with transition to gameplay (elevator ride, wakeup) there. But as far as we know, those minor scenes are still there, just rare ("very occasionally" in the twitter post).

Last edited:
"That trailer is a promotional CGI movie, not a cutscene. That would be like saying that the launch cinematic."

Just a point of clarification, arent the missions from the E3 2018 gameplay trailer and the mission V and Jackie screwed the pooch on in the 2019 CGI trailer two different missions? I thought the goal of the mission in the 2018 trailer was to acquire the spider-bot while in the 2019 trailer, it was the chip? Plus, the individuals shooting at V in the 2019 trailer don't look to be the gang from the 2018 trailer, and the building V and Jackie are running from in the latest trailer doesn't look to be the same as the one from the previous trailer, either. I think the chip mission is a different job that comes after the spider-bot one.

Pre-rendered or not, they've showed V in TPP quite a bit in promotional material, which makes everything a bit misleading in any case.
They've choosen TPP in these cases to garner interest in the game. And they did that because they know that that is not so easily done by only showing FPP.
At the same time, they have conveyed a skewed impression about the amount of TPP relative to the length of the game (only talking about the gameplay footage and trailers here, not dev statments). That is on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom