The sheer scale of Night City

+
Holy cow! You people did your homework, I'm impressed :cool:

I have honestly not much to add to what you've said about the map already, other that I'm strongly on the camps of "the skyscraper cluster, despite appearances, is in Westbrook probably", "the Orbital Air logo location isn't the Space Center, it looks like a part of City Center or Heywood to me", "the abandoned All Foods factory is in Kabuki", and that I think the position of most of the locations @Sir_Parsifal figured out make quite a lot of sense to me, despite some little inconsistencies.

Boy, I'm going to love the day they show the game map. Yet, at the same time, I'd rather keep myself as little-informed about it as possible, I want to be surprised.

It's a really weird situation. Some thing point towards Rawls's vision, some things point towards my vision. And at the same time, there's a lot of inconsistencies in the promo materials themselves!
Remember the incorrect metro line given?
I found more.
While watching the 48-minute gameplay showing areas nearby, I tried searching for the metro monorail from the beginning of the first trailer, and I found nothing! Nada, zip, zilch! From my "calculations" it would seem that at some point in the 48-minute gameplay, the monorail from the trailer would be right above V. And like.. just nothing was there!

That's why this situation seems weird. 7 months till release and they still haven't figured out what their map will look like?

It's a really weird situation. Some thing point towards Rawls's vision, some things point towards my vision. And at the same time, there's a lot of inconsistencies in the promo materials themselves!
Remember the incorrect metro line given?
I found more.
While watching the 48-minute gameplay showing areas nearby, I tried searching for the metro monorail from the beginning of the first trailer, and I found nothing! Nada, zip, zilch! From my "calculations" it would seem that at some point in the 48-minute gameplay, the monorail from the trailer would be right above V. And like.. just nothing was there!

That's why this situation seems weird. 7 months till release and they still haven't figured out what their map will look like?
7 months is still kinda a long time. Expect more details like this at the 3-ish month mark (As well as more uncut gameplay).

I taken some stuff that I think might be useful for determining the scale. In the 15 minute deep dive, we can see the city center and the orbital air center from the Pacifica Coastview here output-onlinepngtools (1).jpg

I know this is from the pacific coastview because of these 2 images output-onlinepngtools (2).jpgoutput-onlinepngtools.jpg

You can clearly see the location name in the mini map, and you can also see these 2 pictures were taken from roughly the same place. Conveniently, pacifica coastview is actually a designated area on the metro map, here.
InkedCyberpunk Metro Map cropped_LI.jpg
From the direction the camera is looking in the motercycle photo, you can see the ocean, the orbital space center, and a series of skyscrapers that must be the city center. IDK what else to do with this information as far as determining scale, but I think this is an interesting find nonetheless. It is also a 100% confirmation that we have seen at least a little bit of the City Center

Last edited:
I taken some stuff that I think might be useful for determining the scale. In the 15 minute deep dive, we can see the city center and the orbital air center from the Pacifica Coastview here View attachment 11014685

I know this is from the pacific coastview because of these 2 images View attachment 11014688View attachment 11014691

You can clearly see the location name in the mini map, and you can also see these 2 pictures were taken from roughly the same place. Conveniently, pacifica coastview is actually a designated area on the metro map, here.
View attachment 11014694
From the direction the camera is looking in the motercycle photo, you can see the ocean, the orbital space center, and a series of skyscrapers that must be the city center. IDK what else to do with this information as far as determining scale, but I think this is an interesting find nonetheless. It is also a 100% confirmation that we have seen at least a little bit of the City Center

I don't think it's the City Center. I would place the fragment of Pacifica from Deep Dive somewhere over here (with a portion of a view of Pacifica from above that was taken from a split second of the video, overlaid over the possible contours of the map)
1567880860567.png

The small, far away skyscrapers seem to be placed in the northernmost parts of the city.

I don't think it's the City Center. I would place the fragment of Pacifica from Deep Dive somewhere over here (with a portion of a view of Pacifica from above that was taken from a split second of the video, overlaid over the possible contours of the map)
View attachment 11014703
The small, far away skyscrapers seem to be placed in the northernmost parts of the city.
Nah that must be it. On the metro map, the city center is placed just above pacifica viewpoint, which is where the camera is looking from the first photo I attached. I also attached the metro map with the location of pacifica viewpoint circled.

Nah that must be it. On the metro map, the city center is placed just above pacifica viewpoint, which is where the camera is looking from the first photo I attached. I also attached the metro map with the location of pacifica viewpoint circled.

I had already worked on the metro map. I applied the contours and all. Feel free to check out my map:

It's obvious to me that it can't overlook the City Center, because it's separated by a small piece of land/spit. I deduced so by looking at the perspective facing the distant Orbital Air Space Center.

I had already worked on the metro map. I applied the contours and all. Feel free to check out my map:

It's obvious to me that it can't overlook the City Center, because it's separated by a small piece of land/spit. I deduced so by looking at the perspective facing the distant Orbital Air Space Center.
Yeah I saw your map and read your description a few days ago, and I really admire the work you put into it, but citing your own map doesn't really count as evidence to me. That land split is only there because you decided to put it there. It's possible you just put it in the wrong spot, and I think my observation proves that. The metro map clearly places pacifica viewpoint (Which is where the photo is taken from) very far away from where you put it.

I agree that City Center is most likely being viewed in the most recent Demo. It's pretty clear from the view itself.

Seems a bit small for City Center. Watson was bigger.

Exactly.

I agree that City Center is most likely being viewed in the most recent Demo. It's pretty clear from the view itself.

And I don't agree with that. Check out my extension and possible view on the whole Bay from Pacifica Coastline, assembled from two shots depicting different angles and views. The two major locations are the rollercoaster, the sunset telling us about the geographical directions and the Orbital Air Space Center.

1567897110665.png

Now check out my contours.

Post automatically merged:

And this seems like the perspective (keep in mind these are just rough estimations of course)

1567897386185.png

Which in turn could tell us that this view does not show City Center at all

1567897528542.png

Simple refutation: if this was City Center we were looking at, the mountain ranges in the distance would have to align with the Orbital Air Space Center, and the sun should set accordingly near the island of where the OASC is.
Tldr - we would have to be looking West from this place, but we aren't. We are looking Northwest, with the sunset spot being on the other (lefthand) side of the perspective from Pacifica Coastview.

The fun fact is - if the metro map was indeed tilted, the sun would set deep into the Badlands beyond Pacifica. Instead, it sets between between the shoreline and the Ocean.

Last edited:
Seems a bit small for City Center. Watson was bigger.
Pacifica View.png

The buildings in the distance on the right look small? I dont think so. They also fit the architectural style of of militarism more than entropism from how they've been described. I think they're the far South Western corner of City Center.

The roller coaster is close to the "Welcome to Pacifica" sign in the demo and (where we're also only 372 m from the Voodoo boys lookout) and again later closer to where V is standing. Would make no sense to have that sign way deep into the district. That view is not too far south of City Center IMO. And it's definitely not further Southwest were you have it. There would be more space between the coastline and Orbital Air Island. Also the coastline to the west from the view is wrong if it's from your location on the map.

Edit: And that view to me looks like one is looking out over the ocean, not at mountains.

Last edited:

The buildings in the distance on the right look small? I dont think so. They also fit the architectural style of of militarism more than entropism from how they've been described. I think they're the far South Western corner of City Center.

I think it's been proven that these are not infinitely tall skyscrapers but rather holographic ads.

The roller coaster is close to the "Welcome to Pacifica" sign in the demo and (where we're also only 372 m from the Voodoo boys lookout). That view is not too far south of City Center IMO. And it's definitely further Southwest were you have it. There would be more space between the coastline and Orbital Air Island. Also the coastline to the west from the view is wrong if it's from your location on the map.
They aren't small, they're small for city center. Those buildings look to be about the same scale as Watson's buildings. If that's the glorious, much-hyped city center, I'll be surprised.

1567898539100.png

I'm aware that this is a cinematic trailer, but I believe it was based on actual in-game models etc. At the very least, I doubt CDPR would have signed off on it if it were completely unrepresentative of the city's actual scale.

The buidings in Watson are big.

Yall are suggesting there is a "welcome to pacific" sign facing North East here:

View attachment 11014769
Yes, Rawls, I know Watson's buildings are big, but it seems logical that City Center would be taller. And again, that image I posted above has a skyline thats at least twice as tall as Watson's, from what we've seen.

I suppose the other possibility is that over this barrier theres a long drop to the "Actual" ground, and the ground isn't just where it appears to be in this image.

Like this.

1567899073114.png

Attachments

• 1567899021197.png
    1567899021197.png
    468.1 KB · Views: 45
Exactly.

And I don't agree with that. Check out my extension and possible view on the whole Bay from Pacifica Coastline, assembled from two shots depicting different angles and views. The two major locations are the rollercoaster, the sunset telling us about the geographical directions and the Orbital Air Space Center.

View attachment 11014748

Now check out my contours.

And this seems like the perspective (keep in mind these are just rough estimations of course)

View attachment 11014757

Which in turn could tell us that this view does not show City Center at all

View attachment 11014760

Simple refutation: if this was City Center we were looking at, the mountain ranges in the distance would have to align with the Orbital Air Space Center, and the sun should set accordingly near the island of where the OASC is.
Tldr - we would have to be looking West from this place, but we aren't. We are looking Northwest, with the sunset spot being on the other (lefthand) side of the perspective from Pacifica Coastview.

The fun fact is - if the metro map was indeed tilted, the sun would set deep into the Badlands beyond Pacifica. Instead, it sets between between the shoreline and the Ocean.
This is tricky for me. I don't think that bit is city center, but also not sure if it's Pacifica. Doesn't look run-down enough. But perhaps not all parts of Pacifica are that run down.

This is the location of the famous Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign
Yes and Las Vegas expanded quite a bit over 60ish years. Whereas Pacifica was never finished but abandoned. Also the welcome sign faces a downtown metropolis, not a desert which means logically it would have been placed somewhere near the boarder between the two.

Top Bottom