Immersion: Should NPCs react to rare clothing?

+
don`t Girls dress for each other ?
Not all girls; I consider it a stereotype.
I certainly never have and I don't really know anyone (not that that is saying much) who would do that. No idea how that would translate into video games and NPCs commenting, beyond what I already wrote from my own point on view, though.

Not all girls; I consider it a stereotype.
I certainly never have and I don't really know anyone (not that that is saying much) who would do that. No idea how that would translate into video games and NPCs commenting, beyond what I already wrote from my own point on view, though.

It was more to the point of posting if you have had someone ( stranger ) comment on your clothes . Anytime i have have comments about how nice i look in what ever i had on was from a Women ( stranger ) but if i had a sporting teams gear on a man ( stranger ) might comment if he liked / hated my team . I have a Green Bay Packers jacket that i don`t put on much ( to hot where i live ) . I was walking through Canberra airport ( very cold place ) with my Packers jacket on and got complemented on it by a stranger .

I think it would be interesting if a Female posted in the thread , don`t Girls dress for each other ? I think in the Female world they would comment about each others clothes more than in the Male world :shrug:
Don't believe that for a moment!
If I dress for myself it's jeans and a t-shirt, unless it's winter in dear old Minnesota then I dress for survival!
The rest of the time I "dress to impress", who varies,

Regular people don't react to "rare" clothing now. Maybe if it's super wild or offensive but would that even be out of the norm in Cyberpunk? I could see some implants/cyberware getting a reaction but not clothing. Just my opinion on it

There should be High Fashion stuff. I believe Exotics are one of them for example. Your car should msot definitely turn heads too.

I wouldnt mind if you dressed ugly or werent fashionable, the npcs might say something to you about that.

I wouldnt mind if you dressed ugly or werent fashionable, the npcs might say something to you about that.

I guess at the latest, in Multiplayer (assuming it will be remotely open-world like and allow players meeting strangers in the streets, etc) you can expect to get comments.

This is the nice thing about many multiplayer environments in regards on how you look. I'm playing DayZ on some RP community for a change of experience and basically how you look can quickly turn into a brief or long topic or set friendly or hostile reactions. I used to also run around like a cop a lot and from my observations, every Xth interaction people would actually ask "So...I reckon you are / were a cop?" Or when you had something really unfashionable and ugly on, even for postapocalyptic standards, people would make fun of you. Likewise, running around in certain clothing hinting strongly at faction relations would turn certain people hostile or friendly in their remarks or approaches.

Why do I mention this, when this talk is about NPCs and singleplayer? I just wanted to highlight something simple or what people take for granted: the dynamic setting of MP. What you otherwise need to code in and spend possibly a lot of time on for NPCs, players can just whip out any second.

So while this topic is about NPCs I just want to throw out there that you can likely expect reactions to what you put on in the game in MP at the latest, if NPCs will rather not comment on your looks much.

We'll have to see how it will be with release but I reckon such details will improve over the game series. I am still in favor that at least occasionally, NPCs may comment this - outside of (main) quests, too. I recall old E3 2018 reports saying Maelstrom calls V's jacket ugly. If that is actually referring to the jacket and isn't just a standard line, I have hopes for that regard, if they keep this up throughout the game or basically allow that this can be occasionally triggered by NPCs beyond "scripted dialogue".

I guess at the latest, in Multiplayer (assuming it will be remotely open-world like and allow players meeting strangers in the streets, etc) you can expect to get comments.

This is the nice thing about many multiplayer environments in regards on how you look. I'm playing DayZ on some RP community for a change of experience and basically how you look can quickly turn into a brief or long topic or set friendly or hostile reactions. I used to also run around like a cop a lot and from my observations, every Xth interaction people would actually ask "So...I reckon you are / were a cop?" Or when you had something really unfashionable and ugly on, even for postapocalyptic standards, people would make fun of you. Likewise, running around in certain clothing hinting strongly at faction relations would turn certain people hostile or friendly in their remarks or approaches.

Why do I mention this, when this talk is about NPCs and singleplayer? I just wanted to highlight something simple or what people take for granted: the dynamic setting of MP. What you otherwise need to code in and spend possibly a lot of time on for NPCs, players can just whip out any second.

So while this topic is about NPCs I just want to throw out there that you can likely expect reactions to what you put on in the game in MP at the latest, if NPCs will rather not comment on your looks much.

We'll have to see how it will be with release but I reckon such details will improve over the game series. I am still in favor that at least occasionally, NPCs may comment this - outside of (main) quests, too. I recall old E3 2018 reports saying Maelstrom calls V's jacket ugly. If that is actually referring to the jacket and isn't just a standard line, I have hopes for that regard, if they keep this up throughout the game or basically allow that this can be occasionally triggered by NPCs beyond "scripted dialogue".

They definitely need to encourage people to dress better aka fashionable. If theres nothing, then people will run in sandals and shorts. I dont think this is what Cyberpunk is supposed to be, its fasionable world but how fashonable exactly? Are they gonna use violence if you're ugly loser.

They definitely need to encourage people to dress better aka fashionable. If theres nothing, then people will run in sandals and shorts. I dont think this is what Cyberpunk is supposed to be, its fasionable world but how fashonable exactly? Are they gonna use violence if you're ugly loser.

Do you remember in the first demo there was a guy with sandals and socks :eek:

Mybrokensandals.
I never got this socks n sandals stuff. But I also don't get sandals (on males). Among the least favored types of shoes for me.
Better air flow, esp. nice on hot days. Like walking barefooted, but without stepping on spiked stones, cigarette butts etc -> Its very convenient - but unfortunately also very unstylish - footwear. (yes, german, so guilty as charged^^)

Yes they should react if you look fancy and your vehicle is fancy to. See this is what I call...
Perfection.gif

If we're talking about immersion, then I would love see the following. The city is big, dense. In a big city there is a lot of noise, car horns, people talking. It's loud, chaotic. I would like to see this ingame. No other open world game managed to do this. Sure, there are background noises but not even close to what it should be.
Make us feel that we are part of that living city, not only visually.

Top Bottom