E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd agree with you if we didn't already see combat earlier with the scavs. Or did everyone not see that? That's the tough part, we don't know what was and wasn't shown for some. This is the first I've ever heard of that alternate 'path'. Did they say that you could get out of that situation without combat?
They showcased that at the Gamescom version of the demo. In it they warned Royce about the virus on the credit chip, which made transaction possible and Royce was happy to let V go. However then Jackie suggests that right now they have an opportunity of taking Maelstrom down, then taking the money for themselves. V can agree to do that or leave without confrontation. Afterwards he encounters a different character who informs him that Meredith has been taken care of. Devs during presentation stated that this character will play a major role in the game.

I'm certainly looking forward to more evidence of these RPG elements they tout so heavily. I'd rather not rely on written accounts alone, I want to see it with my own two eyes. Sadly, their most recent demo was not only poorly edited and compiled, but it was again action-focused.

So, I share some of your skepticism.
Same, although I'm assuming we won't actually see anything like that until the game launches. Even the scene with Placide grabbing your hand was so quickly glossed over it raised the question of why. Why not slow down and show us dialogue options that have meaning. The only one we got a decent full stop and explanation for was the agent altercation.

I believe the guy who replaces Meredith is the guy she has hostage in the first demo .

I agree with Snowflakez earlier post CDPR has shown combat because that`s what sells to a casual fan . Now that for the most part isn`t us here on the forum but what % of the worlds gamers are here on the forum ?

I believe the guy who replaces Meredith is the guy she has hostage in the first demo .

I agree with Snowflakez earlier post CDPR has shown combat because that`s what sells to a casual fan . Now that for the most part isn`t us here on the forum but what % of the worlds gamers are here on the forum ?
.00000000001%, I bet. And yes, you're right. The guy that replaces her is Anthony Gilchrist, the one she kidnapped early on.

There's a direct link to download of the Deep Dive video on Gamersyde: https://www.gamersyde.com/video_cyberpunk_2077_deep_dive_video-44116_en.html

I downloaded the uncompressed Deep Dive video from gamersyde and took a screenshot...

mirroraug.png

Then I compared it with a screen i took from the sneak peak june 2019 video while it was playing on youtube...

mirrorjune.png

Any thoughts?

[Fake news deleted. -Drac]
I downloaded the uncompressed Deep Dive video from gamersyde and took a screenshot...

View attachment 11014943

Then I compared it with a screen i took from the sneak peak june 2019 video while it was playing on youtube...

View attachment 11014946

Any thoughts?
V on the bottom looks more yellow. Also on the upper screenshot his shoes look much nicer. Another thing I noticed (outside of RTX effects on the tiles) is that the poster on the left with the dude snorting some stuff looked unfinished in the sneak peek footage, which definitely indicates that the teaser comes from earlier build of the game then the demo.

Oh, and the guy in the armchair on the left wears different clothes, which might be example of their "crowds diversifying technology" (basically randomly selecting different components for unimportant NPC's).

Last edited by a moderator:
If you get the option to both skip to destination/real time travel then it would be great. Real time travel makes the world feel much more real, so i don't mind. It would make for some great screenshots too.

Didn’t CDPR confirm that for about a year ago already (that you can)? Or am I mixing things up, or was it a case of ”subject to change”?
Pawel Sasko said V can take self driving taxis at E3 2019. I haven't seen anything else official on it that I recall.

Pawel Sasko said V can take self driving taxis at E3 2019. I haven't seen anything else official on it that I recall.

Why do I have a recollection that you can travel via train? I even remember getting a bit excited since it almost sounded like it was an interactive event (not too much unlike what I had been suggesting).

It was 2018, so time has passed, but I don’t remember seeing anything to the contrary either.

Why do I have a recollection that you can travel via train? I even remember getting a bit excited since it almost sounded like it was an interactive event (the like of which I had been suggesting).
I could have just forgotten. I do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom