Hattori doesn't want to talk / bug

+
After completing all the missions associated with him, I wanted to make swords, but the interaction with this character does not work. I have already tried to meditate, load the transcript, and reinstall the game. Someone has an idea what else can I do?

Best way is to restore a save from earlier in the quest (or before you first interact with Hattori to be extra safe) and play through it again. Alternatively, you can try the following:

1.) Stand close to Hattori and quicksave the game. Exit to the main menu.

2.) Reload the save from the main menu. Try talking to Hattori again. If he still won't respond, transition indoors/outdoors (where Geralt automatically transitions between a walk/jog), then go back in/out. Try talking to him again.

3.) If that doesn't work, transition to the indoor/outdoor location and quicksave again. Exit to the main menu.

4.) Reload and transition indoors/outdoors, then try talking to Hattori again.

That will cover the number of ways the game can load the NPC. If none of those work, then restoring an old save and replaying may be the only way.

Have you used any mods, now or in the past? Especially mods that affect trade inventories can bork NPCs badly at times.

I used mods because I play 2 times, but I didn't upload anything related to commerce, when it came to trying to load it, I did everything and it doesn't work. I won't load the save because 80 hours have passed since that moment. I don't know how to fix it, that's why I entered the code for the swords I wanted to make with it.

Well, whatever works! I'd personally just ignore it. The sword that he gives you is scaled to your level, so it's only likely to be useful for so long. If the enter/exit trick doesn't work, then reloading that older save is probably the only thing that would.

Yeah, the sword is pretty disappointing. Not worth the effort.

Arguably (and mostly) true, I agree. I specifically built Geralt to focus on Critical Hits for one playthrough. The sword was absolutely legendary for that build...but it would really be "meh" for most builds.

Top Bottom