Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just googled TW3 and it took 1hr 36mins for a day night cycle . I had no problem about the time it took .

1 hour 36 minutes

How long is a day in the witcher games? 24 hours in-game (one virtual day) are equivalent to 1 hour 36 minutes in the real world.Jun 12, 2017

I just googled TW3 and it took 1hr 36mins for a day night cycle . I had no problem about the time it took .

1 hour 36 minutes

How long is a day in the witcher games? 24 hours in-game (one virtual day) are equivalent to 1 hour 36 minutes in the real world.Jun 12, 2017
oh, I was sure it was 60 minutes. mmmm then I don't know which game has 24 hours in 60 minutes... mmmm :think:

Regarding day / night I hope a full day takes longer than an hour. Or that it t turns into a moddable value without hiccups to quests or missions, much like you can change the timescale in some other games with ease without things breaking.

A longer day and night cycle makes some things more interesting in my eyes. It doesn't need to be countless hours but I suggest a "vanilla" value that is somewhat greater than an hour, at least. Maybe two? Or three to five.

If you can always "wait" or skip ahead, no biggie.

IMO if the game includes appointment schedules, I will likely disapprove a shorter day/night cycle. I remember when in Shenmue, I had to rush my day routine and it felt contrary to the game philosophy of taking our time. Minecraft also did that impression on me, and other games. The only one (I played) that dares giving day/night cycles a slower pace is 7 Days to Die, and it felt just great as it was.

Trust me, in CP77 everyone will eventually wish to have longer night time, because that's where the cyberpunk feels are... ;)

Especially due to "cyberpunk feels" I feel a day and night cycle should each take a bit of time to last or pass.

If you can wait or skip time it's basically no inconvenience to the user from my point of view. Perhaps 3 to 5 hours might be too long per full or half cycle. But I consider 90 minutes for a day to be the minimum. Ideally it would rather be 90 to 120 minutes for half a cycle from my preference.

Basically what I want to say in convoluted fashion:

More people might benefit from somewhat longer days and nights and I cannot see an issue or inconvenience if you can skip time by waiting or sleeping like in Skyrim, Fallout, etc.

A "too short" day or night on the other hand might be more of a bummer for some or many in turn.

Techical question to devs.

Will it be enough RTX 2080 Super to maintain decent FPS (60+) playing in 2K resolution with raytracing and ultra graphic settings?

I'm just asking because I tend to buy something right now and if I have to sell it later I lose money as consequently, so it's important.

Techical question to devs.

Will it be enough RTX 2080 Super to maintain decent FPS (60+) playing in 2K resolution with raytracing and ultra graphic settings?

I'm just asking because I tend to buy something right now and if I have to sell it later I lose money as consequently, so it's important.

no one knows, we don't have the game yet.

Like Control doesn't look worse on basic settings (specially with ray tracing on), the ultra settings are for the future rather than what is available now. this might be true for CP 2077 too.

So there are apparently no social skills in this rpg at all right? Charisma, rersuasion, empathy, bribe, intimidation etc?:(

Hi, I saw a lot of people excited about the “free DLC” comment on Twitter, but that makes me a bit worried. I’d rather have large/paid DLC similar to The Witcher 3 (which is my favorite dlc ever) than smaller, less quality, free dlc. I guess my question is, will the CP2077 DLC be on the same scale as The Witcher 3 DLC?

- Quick answer: Yes.
- Long answer: Mate, I'm going out on a limb and think you're 18 or something close to that age (not being critical btw). Maybe you're old enough to remember or not, the times when there were no such thing as DLCs or Expansions. To refresh your memory with The Witcher 3: Wildhunt, there were DLCs and Expansions separately and the way real-honest developers treated their fanbase like CDPR are very scarce and to quote their words: DLCs ARE meant to be free because they're by definition 'Downloadable Content', which can represent many things, from aesthetic, fashion, weapons and even patches, and those are always meant to be free so we're not going to charge you 'X' amount of your money for a *"horse armor DLC"*. They even went further than that and some side quests were free DLCs.
Whereas the Expansions are exactly that, an extension of the main story, that can make your experience of the base game even longer and for that, we charge some amount because of the hard work we put into them (ie. Hearts of Stone and Blood And Wine expansions speak for themselves).
* What they meant with a subtle contempt was because of a developer company that literally charged almost 20$ or something like that for a horse armor DLC on some game I won't utter here, which it was only 1 elvish horse armor, just 1.*
PS: Hope that helps to ease your worries. Peace!!!

Post automatically merged:

Especially due to "cyberpunk feels" I feel a day and night cycle should each take a bit of time to last or pass.

If you can wait or skip time it's basically no inconvenience to the user from my point of view. Perhaps 3 to 5 hours might be too long per full or half cycle. But I consider 90 minutes for a day to be the minimum. Ideally it would rather be 90 to 120 minutes for half a cycle from my preference.

Basically what I want to say in convoluted fashion:

More people might benefit from somewhat longer days and nights and I cannot see an issue or inconvenience if you can skip time by waiting or sleeping like in Skyrim, Fallout, etc.

A "too short" day or night on the other hand might be more of a bummer for some or many in turn.

Totally agree with you on everything.

Last edited:
So there are apparently no social skills in this rpg at all right? Charisma, rersuasion, empathy, bribe, intimidation etc?:(
Seems so. Sadly enough.
Not necessarily. The Cool stat can be viewed somewhat like Charisma. And in the first trailer, there was also a system to loose humanity when using too much cyberware as your body. So there will be that theme, that you loose humanity or empathy because of this.
I also think there are a lot of dialogue options where you can choose if you want to intimidate people or not. However, there is probably no character stat behind that, only different outcomes of the dialogue or story.

The Cool stat can be viewed somewhat like Charisma. And in the first trailer, there was also a system to loose humanity when using too much cyberware as your body.

I thought they already said that COOL was more as it is in 2020 (i.e. bot charisma, but ”keeping it cool” in tight situations) and that humanity scoring was scrapped via limited cyberware slots.

I thought they already said that COOL was more as it is in 2020 (i.e. bot charisma, but ”keeping it cool” in tight situations) and that humanity scoring was scrapped via limited cyberware slots.
Didn't know that humanity was scrapped. But I understandy why, especially if it's tied closely to the story.
As for COOL you are right. But think about a person, that keeps a cool head in a heated situation, thats a charismatic trait. So we are talking partly about the same thing with different words.

When I look at the abilities under COOL, namely Assassination, Nerve and Sniper Rifles, it seems it's linked to keep your cool, not shaking the rifle too much, etc.

In 2020, Cool is part charisma. A big part, actually.

The skills Intimidate, Oratory and the incredibly-important Streetwise are all based on your Cool.

Humanity is in game, but there seems to be no stat for it. That we can see?

July 18/18 CP2077 FB: "Yes, cyberpsychosis is definitely a thing. But to what extent it will be able to affect V – we shall see. "

So...?

I think that is still being implemented. We have no direct Humanity score but limited cyberware slots.

It is my understanding that there will be dialogue choices based on stats e.g body adds intimidation, and skill hacking skills gives relevant dialogue options.

It seems we are in pretty much speculation territory here. Everybody says a different thing and we don't know how much 2077 differs from 2020.

If we look at the latest iteration, they are going more in direction of combat with COOL.

cool-stat.jpg

Does anyone know if there are skill checks in the dialogues in the game? Apart from the life path options I mean. If there are none, it's also possible they chose to implement social interaction only with narrative consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom